Ah Final Fantasy VII Remake. That thing you know will probably eventually come out, but might be delayed years on end.
Square Enix is knee-deep in development still, and a recent listing for new "core members" of the team implies that there's more work to be done. Here are a few highlights from the listing:
- A major project of fully remaking Final Fantasy VII on PlayStation 4.
- Can work in the best development environment!
- Gain experience in a flat organization, use your talents to your heart’s content.
- Recruiting core members for the project!
- Work on a big title for a chance to help your career!
- Enjoy flexibility with discretionary work system and good benefits.
The reason for the all hands on deck approach? Square Enix states, "the part about reproducing the original work in high-quality graphics is reaching a satisfactory standard, and we’ve come to the conclusion that in order to meet fan expectations we must increase its quality another step higher." Well, keep stepping, Square Enix, because all eyes are going to be on you when this thing comes out.