Mass Effect: Andromeda arrives five years after the last entry in the series and explores a new, uncharted part of the galaxy light years away from the Milky Way. The original trilogy delivered a vast, rich universe filled with some of the most memorable characters in gaming, so expectations for the newest entry are high.
Created by BioWare Montreal, with support from a number of sister studios, Andromeda is pitched as a new start for the series and a glimpse at its future. To get the inside story of its development, GameSpot travelled to Boston during PAX East and talked to the people that made the game.
Across two episodes we explored the impact of Mass Effect, the controversy surrounding its ending, and the new future BioWare Montreal is trying to build for the beloved sci-fi RPG series. Below you can find both episodes of The Story of Mass Effect: Andromeda, as well as the full transcripts for each of the interviews we conducted. Additionally, we've also included supplemental Mass Effect: Andromeda features. Check it out:
The Story Of Mass Effect: Andromeda
Mass Effect: Andromeda And BioWare Developer Interviews
- BioWare Montreal Studio Director Yanick Roy Interview
- Mass Effect Franchise Creative Director Mac Walters Interview
- Mass Effect: Andromeda Producer Michael Gamble Interview
- Mass Effect: Andromeda Level Designer and Space Lead Jessica Campbell Interview
- Mass Effect: Andromeda Producer Fabrice Condominas Interview
- Mass Effect: Andromeda Lead Designer Ian Frazier Interview
- Mass Effect: Andromeda Level Designer Chris Corfe Interview
- Mass Effect: Andromeda Lead Writer Cathleen Rootsaert Interview
The First 45 Minutes Of Mass Effect Andromeda
The History Of Mass Effect