Forum

TOPIC: Killer Instinct Maya Video Game Character vs Beyonce

Killer Instinct Maya Video Game Character vs Beyonce 4 years 3 months ago #399188

• RealMsH
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 5
Hello Everybody!

Who knew the name Maya was so popular? While researching the net to see if there were any news of Beyonce Knowles possibly suing the developers of Killer Instinct for using her likeness for Maya -- I found out there is another Maya associated with her. The other Maya is Maya Rudolph who is an actress who did a parody of Beyonce on the recent Saturday Night Live 40th anniversary television special. To be clear and for the record, I'm not referencing Maya Rudolph at all relative to the video game Killer Instinct and Beyonce.

The Maya versus Beyonce possible controversy I'm referring to stems from the video game character who was given a make-over since her first appearance in the 1996 video game Killer Instinct. When I saw the latest depiction of Maya after her make-over in the video game Killer Instinct, I could not help but notice a strong resemblance between her and Beyonce.

So where is the publicity about the Beyonce lawsuit, etc. around using her likeness in a video game? Well, apparently there isn't any. I guess when you are part of a multi-million dollar power couple, i.e, Jay-Z and Beyonce, there's no need to try to add more to your millions. Of course, there could be other reasons as well. Should Beyonce fall on hard times, which is probably unlikely, she may have a lawsuit under her belt to put her back on top. I guess only time will tell.

Happy Gaming! -- RealMsH

www.moms-minute.com/index.php/ms-h-news/...-beyonce-controversy
The administrator has disabled public write access.