Forum

• Page:

TOPIC: My one problem with Awards Are Hard.

My one problem with Awards Are Hard. 11 years 11 months ago #306061

For those who don't know, Awards Are Hard is made up of 2 parts, the forum vote, which makes up 20% of the vote, and the host vote which makes up 80%. (Scot, Mayor Young, Jess, and Redmond)This is my problem, nothing against Jess and the good Mayor but are they really the best people to be picking Sports Game of the Year? Is Scot the best person to pick Wii game of the year?Now this is just one mans opinion but I think if the host doesn't feel like they can objectively pick a winner in a category they should give their vote to someone they feel can. If Scot doesn't think he can objectively pick a winner for Best Wii Game, I think he should be able to give his vote to a person who does play a lot of Wii and has the same taste in games he does. (But then again, if they're playing the Wii, they really don't have the same taste in game Scot has.)If Jess and Mayor Young don't feel like they can pick a fair winner in Sports Game of the Year maybe they should be able to pass their votes on the some other hosts. (maybe 2 hosts of a sports podcast, if one existed.)I'm just putting this idea out there to get your feedback.
Gamertag: chrisphil1724 - Wiicode: 3696 4868 3650 6545 - PSN: chrisphil1724
The administrator has disabled public write access.

My one problem with Awards Are Hard. 11 years 11 months ago #306063

• Ezekiel
  • Stage A - 1
This thing completely lacks any real structure other than "supply a limiting poll of choices without any prior nomination round, leaving out many titles many consider to be the best choice".Honestly, im not taking it that seriously. But yes, it's hella flawed.

My one problem with Awards Are Hard. 11 years 11 months ago #306065

• Flavius
  • Stage A - 1
I can see your point.At the same time, is it really any worse than any of the other gaming awards out there? In fact, I'd argue that since the community component is essentially an element of all of these categories, that takes it a notch or two above the typical gaming awards...as most of the winners are chosen by a group of unknowns working for the site/publication in question...with only a couple of categories being designated "community choice", or something to that effect.

My one problem with Awards Are Hard. 11 years 11 months ago #306067

Other than Redmond (who Scot keeps saying isn't a host) I won't take any of their picks serious. Scot has play like 5 games this year and most of those were average. Mayor and Jess have probably played less than that and probably didn't finish any of them. This podcast is hosted by softcore gamers and as a hardcore gamer, I don't really take their awards serious. I am interested in hearing what Redmond picks because he's on my XBL friends list (so are Scot and the Mayor) and I know Redmond plays alot of games.

My one problem with Awards Are Hard. 11 years 11 months ago #306069

• Flavius
  • Stage A - 1
Assumedkilla;306067 wrote:
Other than Redmond (who Scot keeps saying isn't a host) I won't take any of their picks serious.
You mean, you're not going to take the internets serious???Where the fuck do they grow you???

My one problem with Awards Are Hard. 11 years 11 months ago #306078

• Burr
  • Thank you received: 6
Yeah, not to diminish your otherwise perfectly valid argument too much, but I always figured this whole event was called "Awards Are Hard" for a reason. I think it's more about stirring up some discussion and debate than necessarily getting it right. I'm kind of hoping we get some controversial results that make people call in and complain, LOL.
Co-host of Cat & Fox on AllGames.com!

My one problem with Awards Are Hard. 11 years 11 months ago #306086

• Nut_Man
  • Stage A - 1
My problem with awards are hard: Stranglehold isnt a choice in the "its a rental" award even though that is the game that started the "its a rental" joke.

My one problem with Awards Are Hard. 11 years 11 months ago #306089

• ediddy999
  • Level 5
I guess awards are really hard to do.

My one problem with Awards Are Hard. 11 years 11 months ago #306091

Nut_Man;306086 wrote:
My problem with awards are hard: Stranglehold isnt a choice in the "its a rental" award even though that is the game that started the "its a rental" joke.
I explained in that thread why Stranglehold wasn't nominated, "Stranglehold really isn't even worth playing, it's a bad game. The games listed are really good but too short to actually spend $60 on. Thats why I think Heavenly Sword should win it has graphics, story, and gameplay every PS3 owner should experience but it only last 5 hours so why buy it."

My one problem with Awards Are Hard. 11 years 11 months ago #306143

• Kuya_Che
  • Level 3
yep agreed, the formula is wrong.lets say jess redmond and lawrence voted Mass Effect as game of the year, scot votes for uncharted whats the point of the hundred of votes that people gave?and obviously Jess and Lawrence will not vote for a single PS3 game.heck even redmond and scot maybe biased against ps3 games (except for uncharted hehehe).
PS3~PSP~PS2~DS~PC+GF8800+C2D+19"HDTV1080p / PSN ID - xche78x
  • Page: