Forum

TOPIC: Movie of the Year

Movie of the Year 11 years 11 months ago #305945

Ezekiel;305750 wrote:
Pan's Labyrinth? Hot Fuzz? The Darjeeling Limited? I refuse to vote.
Pan's Labyrinth was great but came out in 2006. Hot Fuzz sucked ass, and I've never heard The Darjeeling Limited. I only have 10 spots so I couldn't put every movie. I didn't put in any comedies because I'm going make the "funniest movie" thread. If you think Transformers was the best movie this year you're retarded, so you shouldn't be voting anyway. I still don't see why people are voting for 300 it looked good, but had a generic story.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Movie of the Year 11 years 11 months ago #305950

• TigerClaw
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 3
No Transformer nor Spiderman 3 on the list? In fact there was a lot of good movies this year that aren't on that list.

Movie of the Year 11 years 11 months ago #305951

TigerClaw;305950 wrote:
No Transformer nor Spiderman 3 on the list?
They sucked ass, most of the AGI audience said bad things about them so why would I put them in the top 10 movies of 2007.

Movie of the Year 11 years 11 months ago #305953

• TigerClaw
  • Stage A - 1
Assumedkilla;305951 wrote:
They sucked ass, most of the AGI audience said bad things about them so why would I put them in the top 10 movies of 2007.
Well, For one thing it made a ton of money, So any movie people talk bad about will always guarantee box office success. You also failed to include a bunch of other movies that came out this year long before those on the list. ;)

Movie of the Year 11 years 11 months ago #305963

TigerClaw;305953 wrote:
Well, For one thing it made a ton of money, So any movie people talk bad about will always guarantee box office success. You also failed to include a bunch of other movies that came out this year long before those on the list. ;)
How much money a movie makes has nothing to do with it's a good movie or not, people are sheep they'll go see anything if told to enough. Also just because alot of people are saying a movie's bad doesn't mean it's a box office success, look at Snakes on a Plane. Like I said before I only had 10 spots and I didn't want to put too many indy movies (like Juno or There Will be Blood) or too much main-stream trash (like Transformers or Spiderman 3). I think I found the right balance.

Movie of the Year 11 years 11 months ago #305964

• eswat
  • Stage A - 1
Had to vote for 300 since that was the only movie on that list I've watched. @_@PS: Transformers was the pinnacle of mediocrity.

Movie of the Year 11 years 11 months ago #305968

Mr Elusive;305964 wrote:
PS: Transformers was the pinnacle of mediocrity.
Assumedkilla;305945 wrote:
If you think Transformers was the best movie this year you're retarded, so you shouldn't be voting anyway.
Transformers was probably the best action movie in the last 7 years.
"It's like they deep fried delicious goodness and squared it... into a triangle." (BloodShotRobot, PAX08 )
"[Optimus] Prime is like Jack Bauer without all the issues" (Redmond, AGI Episode 211)

Movie of the Year 11 years 11 months ago #305980

Digital*Firefly;305968 wrote:
Transformers was probably the best action movie in the last 7 years.
I thought Diehard 4, Mission Impossible 3, The Bourne movies, X Men 1-3, Spiderman 1-3, and some other comic book movies were alot better than Transformers.

Movie of the Year 11 years 11 months ago #305982

Assumedkilla;305980 wrote:
I thought Diehard 4, Mission Impossible 3, The Bourne movies, X Men 1-3, Spiderman 1-3, and some other comic book movies were alot better than Transformers.
Spider-man 2 was close. I didn't see Die Hard 4 or the latest Bourne movie. The action in the last 30 minutes of Transformers was outstanding.
"It's like they deep fried delicious goodness and squared it... into a triangle." (BloodShotRobot, PAX08 )
"[Optimus] Prime is like Jack Bauer without all the issues" (Redmond, AGI Episode 211)

Movie of the Year 11 years 11 months ago #305984

• TigerClaw
  • Stage A - 1
I haven't seen any of the movies listed on the Poll. I never had the time to see those, I guess I would choose Die Hard 4 since it seems like a worthy contender for movie of the year. However I'm still skeptical about it being that its PG-13 when the previous movies were R rated, But theres an Unrated version of it on DVD. As for movies in general, I'm only interested in the Eye Candy aspect. The best visuals and action will always win me over. I don't care if a film has bad acting as long as its a fun movie. :)