Forum

TOPIC: Best RPG Game (All Platforms)

Best RPG Game (All Platforms) 11 years 8 months ago #305764

Is there really a choice here? A choice; really?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Best RPG Game (All Platforms) 11 years 8 months ago #305913

Mass Effect is a big budget title and MS funded its ad campaign well, but that doesn't mean it's far and away the best game. It fails stacked against either of the KOTOR games, for example, and most of you guys voting probably haven't even played The Witcher or Persona 3.
[gamercard]MoggBerserker[/gamercard]

Best RPG Game (All Platforms) 11 years 8 months ago #305919

• eswat
  • Stage A - 1
There is obviously a choice here. Given Mass Effect's lack of polish (slightly-unintuitive UI, major texture popup, chuggy framerate, combat glitches, etc.) it isn't anywhere near a perfect game, and IMHO doesn't touch KOTOR.I'm guilty of voting for it because I've only played Mass Effect, Eternal Sonata and very little of The Witcher (tried it out at a friend's place, and it was certainly appealing). From what I've heard, The Witcher and Persona 3 are great games, and I'd weigh them just the same if I played them.

Best RPG Game (All Platforms) 11 years 8 months ago #306223

Problem with All Games is that most people are interested in mostly a) American games and b) 360 Games.So Mass Effect becomes almost the "defacto" choice. Personally, I voted Persona 3 because to me it is the best RPG this year. I was very impressed by The Witcher, but sadly haven't payed enough of it.
[gamercard]Foodie Monster[/gamercard]Check out the Ultimate Quest! Your RPG Exclusive Podcast!

Best RPG Game (All Platforms) 11 years 8 months ago #306355

The Witcher is awesome. If you own a gaming PC and like RPGs, it's the best one that's come out for a long time. Great atmosphere and storyline, choices matter, cool minigames like dice and 'card' collecting.
Is your crotch on fire? WHAT!? Bensaki reports Burning Bush is delayed. ... What the hell is that?!

Best RPG Game (All Platforms) 11 years 8 months ago #307133

• Taker_129
  • Level 4
Folklore. Is Trash Effect even an RPG?
For every Playstation 3 sold, an Xbox 360 is lost

Best RPG Game (All Platforms) 11 years 8 months ago #307134

If Odin Sphere was on there I might have voted for that but the closest I come to being a fanboy is Bioware. I still think Baulder's Gate 2 is the greatest RPG ever.
A short and merry life.-Bart Roberts

Best RPG Game (All Platforms) 11 years 8 months ago #307162

• Curtis
  • Level 3
Mass Effect. Not only is the graphics and sound amazing, it's because of character development and storyline! This RPG is the first to feature real, human-like characters than any other RPG's in the gaming world, even Final Fantasy!
Look out! Big Ben is gonna blow!!

Best RPG Game (All Platforms) 11 years 8 months ago #307171

• Octocamo
  • Stage A - 1
Curtis;307162 wrote:
Mass Effect. Not only is the graphics and sound amazing, it's because of character development and storyline! This RPG is the first to feature real, human-like characters than any other RPG's in the gaming world, even Final Fantasy!
I like how you vote for something that you haven't even played it. Probably haven't even held the case in a store and read the back of it.
PSN: solisnkXBL: OctocamoSteam: OctocamoOrigin + Battlelog: Octocamo

Best RPG Game (All Platforms) 11 years 8 months ago #307218

Moggraider;305913 wrote:
and most of you guys voting probably haven't even played The Witcher or Persona 3.
Was Persona 3 even released in the US? I can't seem to find it on any retail website (EB, Best Buy, Circuit City, Target, Gamestop).honestly, most people can't afford to play every game out there, so they have to vote based on what they played.
"It's like they deep fried delicious goodness and squared it... into a triangle." (BloodShotRobot, PAX08 )
"[Optimus] Prime is like Jack Bauer without all the issues" (Redmond, AGI Episode 211)