Forum

TOPIC: Game of the Year (all platforms)

Game of the Year (all platforms) 11 years 6 months ago #306299

• NickFerg
  • Level 1
The Orange Box, no question. over 30 hours of the greatest stories of my lifetime, Portal and Team Fortress 2. 'Nuff said.
[gamercard]NickFerg[/gamercard][URL=http://www.halocrusades.com?p=page&x=2269]Help me "Finish The Fight!"[/URL]Torquill wrote:
This thread feels like the climax of Act 1 of the internet.Epic.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Game of the Year (all platforms) 11 years 6 months ago #306318

well I would say Orange Box, Just because the value you were getting with 60.00 which i feel nothing this year could compete. Yes Bioshock Awesome game and for me Bioshock will be a the sleeper of the year just because throughout the year there was no hype surrounding it, like the other big titles. Even though Team Fortress on the 360 and PS3 was mad buggy but still the value of portal, Half-Life games all packed in one disc. It has to be best game of the year. Or you could say Best Value of the Year

Game of the Year (all platforms) 11 years 6 months ago #306353

I picked the Orange Box because I think valve is the only company that made me feel like I was playing a unique first person shooter game with portal and TF2 is a nice break from every deathmatch spazfest online with funny and cool teambased classes.
[gamercard]FinalRodzilla[/gamercard]

Game of the Year (all platforms) 11 years 6 months ago #306374

I know many will disagree, but for me ROCK BAND delivered the "Game of the Year" experience I've wanted every since I first set my hands on a Guitar Hero controller. To be able to play in a faux-band with 3 other people is so incredibly fun. Also being able to sing AND play guitar at the same time is as challenging as it is awesome. I love playing every instrument (and I've yet to master the drums.) EA/Haromix also get MAJOR props from me for sticking with their "New DLC songs every week" promise and on top of that delivering them cheaper and more in a more flexible manner than Guitar Hero has ever done. This game will get continuous play form my friends and I for many years to come. AS wonderful as all the nominees are in this category, I can't make that same claim about them. The only stain on this release is the hardware issues that exist. I'm on my 3rd set of drums now. But I can't fault the game for that. I know the hardware will improve as Guitar Hero did with its controllers.
Singin\', Dancin\', Gamin\' & Playin\' My Uke! (and Teachin\' other to do the same!)
Guitar Hero & Rock Band Expert :cool: *Ranked Top 75 Vocalist on Rock Band* Check out my "band" EXTRA CHEESEMy AGR Community Page

Game of the Year (all platforms) 11 years 6 months ago #306420

• BBboy20
  • Stage A - 1
I just realized voting for BioShock was a mistake...jesus, more people need to play Galaxy...
Signature

Game of the Year (all platforms) 11 years 6 months ago #306446

• Fearnot
  • Level 1
Cod4it has the best multiplayer and close to the best single player campaign.

Game of the Year (all platforms) 11 years 6 months ago #306471

• jwg
I'd have to say Call of Duty 4. I haven't played much Mass Effect yet, so maybe I should wait to vote.

Game of the Year (all platforms) 11 years 6 months ago #306475

i voted for: the orenge box. this was easily the best gaming experience i have had all year. the way valve makes games is just amazing. every part of the game is well thought out and expertly crafted. if you have never played a half life game before your barely a gamer

Game of the Year (all platforms) 11 years 6 months ago #306489

Orange box because its to hard to beat the total package and Valve knows games and it shows
[gamercard]dukati916sps[/gamercard]

Game of the Year (all platforms) 11 years 6 months ago #306618

Orange Box of course because any reason to get back into half life is always a GOTY in my book.Though all of those games on that list are great