Forum

TOPIC: getting caught up

getting caught up 8 years 6 months ago #394381

• shiroren8
lately since i got my tax refund i've been getting into a serious shopping spree for older comic series that i either missed completely or just was curious about. so far in the last month i've spent like 400 bucks in comics and i think i've got the bug totally back to visit my new comic shop on a regular now. so far i picked up all the trades that were out for irredeemable which per your recommendation was freaking awesome. it made me remember convos me and my group of comic nerds would have like what if superman ever said screw the humans and turned bad. an of course to compliment irredeemable i picked up the first 3 volumes of incorruptible which is also pretty good though ive only read one volume so far i'll get to the rest soon. then i got the hard cover for blackest night plus all star batman and robin vol. 1 (gotta love jim lee), planet hulk, and batman hush. also i got a few single issues of batman, x-men (loving this vampire run an cyclops is the man right now), jubilee & wolverine, x-23, kato, amazing spider-man, uncanny x-force, hulk (not feeling the red hulk) an a few others i can't remember off hand. im thinking of picking up the all star superman trade when i go back and see if i can get jim lee's run on superman just not sure if its any good. basically what im saying is thank you ff for helping me to find my comic spark again and get me to finally get caught up on a few runs i've missed out on in the last few years. oh yea before i totally forget i read the first crossed series and holy fuck that's some twisted stuff going on in there. i know i was warned before hand by all the stuff i've heard you say about it but wow just wow garth ennis really went there on that book. granted it was good but i can never unread that one or where my imagination took me with some parts.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

getting caught up 8 years 6 months ago #394527

man thats a lot of good shit. im glad you liked our recommendations. have any cash left? lol

getting caught up 8 years 6 months ago #394547

• shiroren8
moey_ramone;394527 wrote:
man thats a lot of good shit. im glad you liked our recommendations. have any cash left? lol
lol not too much but i've got enough to keep up with a few titles every month. think i'm gonna stick with batman, spiderman and xmen regularly then a few titles here and there plus a trades.

getting caught up 8 years 4 months ago #395060

• shiroren8
i just went an grabbed batman: black & white vol. 1 tpb, morning glories tpb, the might thor #1 (really really awesome title gonna have to start grabbing this on a monthly), invincible vol. 2 tpb, the last 4 issues of gotham city sirens (based on the recommendation from ff) and sweets #1. not even sure what sweets is about but i saw the cover for the last issue in the mini series on comicvine an had to grab the first issue to see what its about. i included a image of the last cover for sweets.