Forum

TOPIC: All Games Radio Summer Blockbuster Movie Poster Contest

All Games Radio Summer Blockbuster Movie Poster Contest 7 years 1 month ago #397330

• poteen
  • Level 1
You're referring to somthing that happened more than 10 years ago - he might have been a big part of the network then but it's 2012 today and he wasn't running anything AllGames related other than his show the last few years so I don't get your point. Obviously his golden years have been over for a long time, so I don't think it's just me... On a thread-related note, travelin fool, good entry! It's more scary than anything :-D
[psnid]Poteen[/psnid]
The administrator has disabled public write access.

All Games Radio Summer Blockbuster Movie Poster Contest 7 years 1 month ago #397331

• JoEDigiTECH
  • Thank you received: 4
poteen - You've made some good points about community involvement (or lack there of). Everyone has their reasons for not contributing more and some maybe laziness but I follow a lot of (former or less active) community members on social networks and they aren't lazy, just busy wit other things. I personally hope once I finish this degree program I will have more time to contribute, possibly in a host capacity but as of right now I'm trying to get things squared away for my family. I know this thread has derailed but, people are talking which is good. I just don't want you to feel that lack of contribution is all just due to apathy.

All Games Radio Summer Blockbuster Movie Poster Contest 7 years 1 month ago #397332

• True
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 8
Decipher;397329 wrote:
He was a huge part of All Games since its inception in 1996 and through out the Pseudo days. He designed and ran the website and forums for well over a decade. So yeah, it is just you. His show and Orange Lounge Radio were two of the biggest, and with them a lot of listeners left for VOG. It's a huge loss.On another note, I just checked in on the shows that left a few years back through and it seems they're not doing to well. One of the sites has been flagged for malware by Google so I'm guessing they're not getting many visitors these days.
I'd agree. Scot and crew brought me here for AllGames Radio Live and after them I became a big listening fan of the Bobby Blackwolf show and now also a fan of listening to Orange Lounge Radio, I'd say it is a loss, but now that I found that I can still listen to them, no biggie. I've always been a forumner and even though this place is huge with posters, I still like coming here and seeing a familiar name come through here and there, and posting stuff I like. Haven't visited the VOG forums yet, not in hurry till this place gets totally shut down or something cause I'm slow to change :pOh and sorry for getting off topic here. I'm probably one of the lazy ones you speak of as I just pop in and out, posting stuff I think others may find interesting as far as being active. I just have other things going on when visiting also.
"Leave Luck to Heaven"- Nintendo

All Games Radio Summer Blockbuster Movie Poster Contest 7 years 1 month ago #397337

• poteen
  • Level 1
At least this discussion have seemed to liven the place up a bit, so it's a step in the right direction :-)
[psnid]Poteen[/psnid]

All Games Radio Summer Blockbuster Movie Poster Contest 7 years 1 month ago #397338

• poteen
  • Level 1
JoEDigiTECH;397331 wrote:
poteen - You've made some good points about community involvement (or lack there of). Everyone has their reasons for not contributing more and some maybe laziness but I follow a lot of (former or less active) community members on social networks and they aren't lazy, just busy wit other things. I personally hope once I finish this degree program I will have more time to contribute, possibly in a host capacity but as of right now I'm trying to get things squared away for my family. I know this thread has derailed but, people are talking which is good. I just don't want you to feel that lack of contribution is all just due to apathy.
Well, I still think they could use a few minutes to participate in the attempts that, in this case Derrick, put up to make the community come together. I see this as an attempt to include the community a bit more and that is why it bothers me that noone (but a few) even tries. I'm pretty sure Derrick isn't looking for pro photoshopping in this case, rather the involvement of the community to liven things up a bit.
[psnid]Poteen[/psnid]

All Games Radio Summer Blockbuster Movie Poster Contest 7 years 1 month ago #397342

• Burr
  • Thank you received: 6
Co-host of Cat & Fox on AllGames.com!

All Games Radio Summer Blockbuster Movie Poster Contest 7 years 1 month ago #397343

• poteen
  • Level 1
Burr, that's awesome! Good thinking :-)
[psnid]Poteen[/psnid]

All Games Radio Summer Blockbuster Movie Poster Contest 7 years 1 month ago #397352

• dhopkins
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 2
By Esgee from R9Cast

All Games Radio Summer Blockbuster Movie Poster Contest 7 years 1 month ago #397355

Vote: BurrReading this thread made me sad :(
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin"The cost of failure is not that a saber-toothed tiger eats you... the cost of failure is nothing. The worst thing that will happen is that you will fail and no one will notice." - Seth Godin