Forum

TOPIC: Kropotkin and Hendrix Game Review - Thanks for the support

Kropotkin and Hendrix Game Review - Thanks for the support 12 years 7 months ago #251094

• Kropotkin
  • Level 6
In March 2006 we piloted the Kropotkin and Hendrix game review show.44 shows later we've learnt a lot and the show has taken a life of its own. Unlike most of the shows on the AGR schedule we do not rely on listener input and do not act as a discussion board on all things gaming. We focus on a single game and review it over a period of 20 minutes. This is a strength in that it allows us to do a lot of post-production work as well as scripting (to a certain degree) and editing.I'd just like to take this opportunity to say thank you to AGR for giving both myself and Hendrix the opportunity to air our somewhat deranged views on games. We take a great deal of effort in trying to impart as much information as possible about the game we are reviewing as well as pull out the odd joke here and there to keep it entertaining. The review show has always been designed to inform and entertain and if we do the former the latter is a bonus in my view.Over the 9 months it has been running the show has evolved a great deal and will continue to do so. What has been missing is feedback from listeners of the show. What little feedback we do get is usually via the live chat now that the show is broadcast just before the Bobby Blackwolf show. Most of what I've seen appears to be positive but some more response to our output would be appreciated so that we can fine tune the show as up until now we make changes as we see fit. No one else has any input into the changes we make.To this end I have resolved to become a more active participant in these boards and in AG Chat to make sure we get the feedback we need and to get a greater understanding of what the AG community wants to hear about. One of the biggest challenges myself and Hendrix face is what titles to review. We make a best guess as to what people would want to hear about as well as trying to champion the underdog but any suggestions would be welcomed.OK thats enough from me. Happy New Year everyone. Lets hope 2007 will at least be half as interesting as 2006 was!
XBL Tag: Kropotkin
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Kropotkin and Hendrix Game Review - Thanks for the support 12 years 7 months ago #251110

• TigerClaw
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 3
First of, Let me wish you guys a Happy New Year. Ever since this show debuted, I been enjoying all the reviews and humor the show had offered. Lets hope for more in 2007. :)

Kropotkin and Hendrix Game Review - Thanks for the support 12 years 7 months ago #251114

• Burr
  • Thank you received: 6
Happy New Year! Hopefully it brings Palace some more fortune. I'd love to see them in the top flight again.
Co-host of Cat & Fox on AllGames.com!

Kropotkin and Hendrix Game Review - Thanks for the support 12 years 7 months ago #251245

You guys have been doing great. I didn't start listening to the show until a month or so ago, but it has been one of my must-hear shows now. The one thing I can say is on some of the episodes I have listened to, it seems the comedy comes from something not to do with the review. I believe in the Assault Heroes review, the Gamecube starts talking, or something along those lines. It seems like you tried to add in an irrelevant addition in order to get that comedy that you seek. I'd just suggest trying to get your comedy from the game being reviewed, rather than look for an outside source for some cheap laughs. Overall, however, great show!
268"I\'m young enough to know the right car to buy, yet grown enough not to put rims on it.""A vest for your jimmy in the city of sex."I am Harry Potter.

Kropotkin and Hendrix Game Review - Thanks for the support 12 years 7 months ago #251375

• havok978
  • Level 6
I started listening to it at work to pass time, and now its become a regular part of my podcast rotation. I enjoy the reviews and humor as well. The review for Viva Pinata is now my absolute favorite to date. I'm looking forward to seeing what comes in 2007.
[gamercard]havok979[/gamercard]
Wii Friend Code: 0041-2774-6791-8109PS3 Friend Name: havok978

Kropotkin and Hendrix Game Review - Thanks for the support 12 years 7 months ago #251844

You guys are great! Carry On
Veronica Belmont = No Double Dragons :([gamercard]dblnutcustard[/gamercard]