Forum

• Page:

TOPIC: Your AGI Replacement

Your AGI Replacement 8 years 8 months ago #393852

No show will ever be as good as AGI was. I know that. But what gaming podcast do you listen to to try to quell the pain?Giant Bomb is decently funny and has lots of good gaming talk.The Gamespy Debriefings are hilarious, but have almost no gaming talk.1up's "Games, Dammit" has the most extensive game coverage, but none of the hosts are funny, and they're all very fervently nerdy.Does anything come close to what AGI was?
[gamercard]MoggBerserker[/gamercard]
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Your AGI Replacement 8 years 8 months ago #393856

• TigerClaw
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 3
What about all the shows that broadcast live on Allgames? Even if AGI has been gone, You can listen to the live programing which pretty much fills the void.

Your AGI Replacement 8 years 8 months ago #393858

• shiroren8
i replaces agi with agi pretty much. when i need a fix for agi i just go back into the archives and listen to some of the old episodes over again. other than that i stick with my #1 show which is dpl, plus electric sista hood, orange lounge, bobby blackwolf, fantastic forum and pretty much every other show played on all games. the only shows i listen to that aren't agr based are giant bomb, shfts and weekend confirmed. can't really replace agi though that was a serious on of a kind gem but there are others that stand with it.

Your AGI Replacement 8 years 8 months ago #393860

• JoEDigiTECH
  • Thank you received: 4
DPL, VGO, WCO, Fantastic Forum and of course AGI archives. I listen to Knuckleball Cast which is put together by a couple of VGO community members. The B-Team also comes out of the VGO community and I believe is now on the network. TQ Cast is really good but a bit PS3 talk heavy but Desz and Juice are funny guys. I do also listen to Bombcast and Weekend Confirmed.Nothing is quite the same as AGI. AGI was a perfect storm of awesome. But, there are some great people out there doing great things and I encourage everyone to check out the All Games line up, there is something for everyone.

No AGI replacement! 8 years 8 months ago #393865

• rons_robot
AGI was the first live show/podcast that I became addicted to. I thought of it as an entertaining comedy show before a video game podcast. Scot (in)famously had his own agenda during Gaming News, but I think his priority was to bring on the funny. Even though he knew very little about geography, the guy knew what made ME laugh.I am a DPL person. Ms. H on DPL has the most entertaining reviews on allgames.com, at least for me. If you want a comedy pod, give the Long Shot Podcast a try. Eddie Pepitone is one of the most underrated and underappreciated comedians around.

Your AGI Replacement 8 years 8 months ago #393872

• True
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 8
To be truthful, I only really listen to Bobby B, I believe he was the first podcast I ever listened to, then I got addicted to AGI. OLR is growing on me and I catch Fantastic Forum and DPL every so often. I go over to Gametrailers for 'Epic Battle Cry' and a few other Video Casts? and there's one on IGN that I just started listening to.
"Leave Luck to Heaven"- Nintendo

Your AGI Replacement 8 years 8 months ago #393877

• Decipher
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 1
The only "Allgames" one I still listen to is OLR, but now that Blackwolf will be doing podcasts of his show again, I'll start listening to that again.As for non-Allgames shows I listen to tonnes of IGN ones. They're not all great, but Game Scoop is awesome (and it's "Knockin Boot's" love advice spin off). The system specific shows are pretty good too, in decending order of "goodness": Podcast Beyond (playstation), Three Red Lights (xbox 360) and Nintendo Voice Chat (Wii/DS). They have others, but they either haven't had an episode in ages or have a member with a voice that annoys the hell out of me.Game Spy Debriefings is part of IGN, but not called IGN, and all awesome. Hilarious shit. I highly recommend it. They make me look crazy on the bus laughing.Non gaming selections include: TWiT, Maximum PC No BS Podcast, and Jay and Silent Bob Get Old (the first few episodes are great, but it's going down hill).Yeah. I listen to a lot of podcasts. A commute to school of just over an hour every day of the week plus work on weekends necessitates it. :P AGI used to fill at least 2 hrs of commute time each day, but I only worked back then too so I didn't commute quite as much.

Your AGI Replacement 8 years 8 months ago #393921

The Final Score, from the guys behind Extra Life Radio.
[psnid]aldenoneil[/psnid]

Your AGI Replacement 8 years 7 months ago #393925

Is there any show on the network that is fairly close to how AGI was in terms of comedy/gaming/randomness? I stopped listening to podcast soon after AGI went off the air after trying a few out and them just not living up to AGI's greatness. I have been going back recently in the last few months and listening to the archives but it's starting to get to a point that I want to hear about whats happening now and not 3 years ago.
[gamercard]DG Kenpachi[/gamercard]PSN ID: BioHazard82

Your AGI Replacement 8 years 7 months ago #393991

• kadosho
  • Level 10
I wasn't aware AGI went off the air. Recently I just picked up a laptop + cricket wireless to catch up with everything. It saddens me that AGI as a podcast is no longer ongoing.Maybe there could be special shows in the future?
[gamercard]kadosho[/gamercard]JKOrochinagi KOF fans uniteBTMusic 2.0
  • Page: