Forum

TOPIC: New AGI!

New AGI! 10 years 1 month ago #372644

• agn
  • Administrator
I think it's surprising that there were a total of 4 or 5 reviewers mentioned by name in an industry that is seemingly RULED by "The Review"I think there is more value in the group review from those who have bought the game talking about it, than the paid reviewers who are handcuffed by embargoes and worried about losing access to their junkets and review copies.
[gamercard]agn[/gamercard]Join the allgames community
The administrator has disabled public write access.

New AGI! 10 years 1 month ago #372646

• Nut_Man
  • Stage A - 1
I can't stand video game reviewers who think their job is so important. That whole mindset seems to be the thing at 1UP.com and it bugs the hell out of me. Dude, you're reviewing video games. Get over yourself. Accept that there will always be a score. Accept that metacritic exists and people like using it.

New AGI! 10 years 1 month ago #372650

• LowVoltag3
The whole game reviews and how to review games thing is so complex. I do agree with what you said scot, about the Technical stand point of the game. that they should emphasize more on that part because the experience, when it comes to story or gameplay, will always be different for different people. But then that's when the "reviewer's" personality will come in..... I don't know man, game reviews are hard. I really wouldn't even start comparing them with movies because they are so different. There are so many genres and so many different types of gameplay.... it's like another world. It's going to keep evolving until games and movies are one in the same.

New AGI! 10 years 1 month ago #372651

• Nut_Man
  • Stage A - 1
Also, there are no journalists in the game industry aside from Dean Takahashi. No one at IGN, GameSpot, 1UP etc is a journalist. They write about video games. There is no journalism involved.

New AGI! 10 years 1 month ago #372660

• agn
  • Administrator
Nut_Man;372651 wrote:
Also, there are no journalists in the game industry aside from Dean Takahashi. No one at IGN, GameSpot, 1UP etc is a journalist. They write about video games. There is no journalism involved.
should there be?
[gamercard]agn[/gamercard]Join the allgames community

New AGI! 10 years 1 month ago #372661

• LowVoltag3
agn;372660 wrote:
should there be?
I think there already are, even aside from dean takahashi. If you visit www.N4g.com or if you're friends with "Redevuts" on Xbox live he'll send you daily n4g news over xbox live, it's pretty cool actually. But anyway, N4G does a lot of news that would go into the category of investigative journalism to some extent. Maybe not as deep as takahashi, but I think they have the right idea. And it's usually through anonymous sources, which makes sense because people can lose their job over leaking information. So i think we already do have that element in the gaming world, but because people just care so much about the end result, (How good the games are) even the biggest stories end up being forgotten.

New AGI! 10 years 1 month ago #372662

• broxy bear
  • Stage B - 3
great news , i should be going sleep just now but fuck that NEW AGI FTW
200,000 gained @ 16:34 15th July 2010 achievement which took me over this milestone was THE BEST DEFENCE... Prison Break: The Conspiracy300,000 gained @ 17:22 13th May 2012 achievement which took me over this milestone was Freedom : homefront

New AGI! 10 years 1 month ago #372666

• jacobs34
  • Level 1
It was nice getting in on the discussion today, I hope I didn't ramble on too much. I spent most of my time in college wanting to get into games journalism, but it seems that with the way the industry in so self inclusive its tough for people to be unbiased when talking about the games they are reviewing.

New AGI! 10 years 4 weeks ago #372708

Nut_Man;372622 wrote:
Scot says it will be daily starting July 6!
kool can't wait
http://twitter.com/AmazedSatsumaRandom thoughts from a random man

New AGI! 10 years 4 weeks ago #372728

• SamT
  • Level 1
Really awesome that its started up, I missed it on the first time round ^^ really enjoyed the first couple of shows and cannot wait for the the Iphone app!