Forum

TOPIC: AGI on Wikipedia

AGI on Wikipedia 10 years 5 months ago #362484

• dhopkins
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 2
I was surfing wikipedia and decided to check the page for AGI/AGR. And it was gone. One of the mods decided to delete it because "article fails to assert why this podcast, out of tens of thousands is notable. Lacks 3rd party verifiable references."But for some reason, the Diggnation podcast had an entry. The last time I checked, not only did AGI do about 4x as many shows as Diggnation, but Scot's old company 'G4' bought the place Kevin Rose used to work at (TechTV). So how does Kevin's show get a pass?D
The administrator has disabled public write access.

AGI on Wikipedia 10 years 5 months ago #362486

• TigerClaw
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 3
There is also the Allgames Wiki page, Which hasn't been updated for a very long time.http://wiki.allgames.com/

AGI on Wikipedia 10 years 5 months ago #362487

dhopkins;362484 wrote:
I was surfing wikipedia and decided to check the page for AGI/AGR. And it was gone. One of the mods decided to delete it because "article fails to assert why this podcast, out of tens of thousands is notable. Lacks 3rd party verifiable references."But for some reason, the Diggnation podcast had an entry. The last time I checked, not only did AGI do about 4x as many shows as Diggnation, but Scot's old company 'G4' bought the place Kevin Rose used to work at (TechTV). So how does Kevin's show get a pass?D
Its BS really... OLR got deleted for the same reason (wonder if it was from the same jackass) and its been around a lot longer than Diggnation has (the same goes for AGI)... Regardless i say fuck Wikipedia... This is what happens when you let the general public make edits...
"Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and fuck the prom Queen"- Sean Connery*The Official Token OLR and USL Hebrew*

AGI on Wikipedia 10 years 5 months ago #362489

• TigerClaw
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 3
The Allgames Wiki hasn't been updated since 2008, For some reason, The editing on the page has been locked down.So theres no way of adding any new entries for DPL and the other shows.

AGI on Wikipedia 10 years 5 months ago #362589

• Burr
  • Thank you received: 6
Deletionists are fucking retards. As if there's some huge loss of space or bandwidth if they *gasp* let something they don't know shit about be posted and maintained. If it's not popular or being linked to much, what is the huge loss? It's easily ignored, except if you have a hair up your ass like those losers.
Co-host of Cat & Fox on AllGames.com!

AGI on Wikipedia 10 years 5 months ago #362690

• Decipher
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 1
They shouldn't have deleted it, but they do have a point about third party references etc. If it wasn't already gone, I'd go and ad a bunch of links to articles about AGI from other sites. It does boost credibility.