Forum

TOPIC: AGI is attending a game unveiling in Seattle, is it Bejeweled??

AGI is attending a game unveiling in Seattle, is it Bejeweled?? 10 years 10 months ago #345295

Hopefully I'm not hallucinating here so feel free to correct me. But I could have sworn AGI recently ended their 1.0 run, promoting an event they were going to be attending in Seattle after E for All. I recall it was an event put on by a publisher/developer for a new game announcement. Could this be it?http://www.joystiq.com/2008/09/29/popcap-spinning-out-bejeweled-twist-for-october/From article:PopCap games has announced Bejeweled Twist, a "new spin on the match-3 genre" is due out next month. The game will be officially unveiled October 27 at an event at Seattle's Experience Music Project Sci-Fi Museum and Hall of Fame. It will launch as a $20 download on PopCap's website.As to what the new "twist" on the genre will be, PopCap isn't saying. The game has reportedly been in development for three years, so we're curious what they've done with that time aside from swimming in a pool of casual gamers' money. Our best guess is that they've taken the Bejeweled board and rotated it 45 degrees. What a twist!__________________I'd hate for AGI's surprise to be ruined thanks to Joystiq of all places (where I spotted this), but did PopCap themselves already remove the curtain? I really hope I'm wrong but I couldn't resist being the first to point out the connection :)Seattle? check.Sci-Fi Museum? check.Well-known developer? check.October? check. (if I recall it was next month)Either way, very cool that AGI will be there if it's true. The PopCap press release claims it is "the first such launch event in casual games history."
Currently playing: LostWinds, Professor Layton and the Curious Village[gamercard]jgRockefeller[/gamercard]* John D. Rockefeller is often regarded as the richest person in history.The Billion$ Update
  • AGI live 3PM EST M\\F
  • Auction off your girlfriend\'s red dresses at allgames.com
  • Lakers make history in Game 4 … greatest meltdown in NBA Finals. Beat LA!
  • I\'d love to be on everybody in the AGI community\'s friends list....
The administrator has disabled public write access.

AGI is attending a game unveiling in Seattle, is it Bejeweled?? 10 years 10 months ago #345297

During DPL Scot also mentioned it again and him being involved in an unveiling at Seattle at the Sci-Fi Museum and he didn't want to mention the developer because he thought people would get the wrong impression.I guess it all fits perfectly.

AGI is attending a game unveiling in Seattle, is it Bejeweled?? 10 years 10 months ago #345318

• agn
  • Administrator
Yep. That's it! I'm producing the live webcast for Popcap. It was a deal i closed before CGS. We'll be live for a few hours that night.
[gamercard]agn[/gamercard]Join the allgames community

AGI is attending a game unveiling in Seattle, is it Bejeweled?? 10 years 10 months ago #345346

• kadosho
  • Level 10
Sweet! Can't wait to see more of our community hanging out again. =DLooking forward to it :D
[gamercard]kadosho[/gamercard]JKOrochinagi KOF fans uniteBTMusic 2.0

AGI is attending a game unveiling in Seattle, is it Bejeweled?? 10 years 10 months ago #345352

agn;345318 wrote:
Yep. That's it! I'm producing the live webcast for Popcap. It was a deal i closed before CGS. We'll be live for a few hours that night.
Do you know what the actual twist of the game is or are you oblivious like us.

AGI is attending a game unveiling in Seattle, is it Bejeweled?? 10 years 10 months ago #347031

• Decipher
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 1
I have school that night, damn. Otherwise the 4hr trek down there might have been worth it.

AGI is attending a game unveiling in Seattle, is it Bejeweled?? 10 years 10 months ago #347165

• agn
  • Administrator
I don't know anything, and the event is not open to the public.
[gamercard]agn[/gamercard]Join the allgames community

AGI is attending a game unveiling in Seattle, is it Bejeweled?? 10 years 10 months ago #347354

• Davidb69
  • Level 10
agn;347165 wrote:
I don't know anything, and the event is not open to the public.
I hate being public.
Wii - 2303 0628 4559 9276

AGI is attending a game unveiling in Seattle, is it Bejeweled?? 10 years 10 months ago #347447

• HeyJued
  • Level 3
I am looking forward to another live show.
[gamercard]Bitmob Rich[/gamercard]