Forum

TOPIC: The 'Guess Scot's New Job' Pool

The 'Guess Scot's New Job' Pool 11 years 2 months ago #342393

• Flavius
  • Stage A - 1
Yama86;342316 wrote:
Major congrats Scot. Talk about a perfect job for someone..... the fit couldn't get any better. Now if the President of marketing dies, you become President right........... ;)
Gasp! You just called Scot a Dick...Cheney!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

The 'Guess Scot's New Job' Pool 11 years 2 months ago #342398

• JoEDigiTECH
  • Thank you received: 4
Yama86;342316 wrote:
Major congrats Scot. Talk about a perfect job for someone..... the fit couldn't get any better. Now if the President of marketing dies, you become President right........... ;)
If that was how it worked you would see execs all over the country start to die of "unknown causes" and "tragic accidents". LOL.

The 'Guess Scot's New Job' Pool 11 years 2 months ago #342408

• AceD
  • Level 4
agn;341903 wrote:
It's true I am now the VP of Marketing over at The CGS. I didn't take it just to be some suit at a pro gaming league. The CGS is owned by DirecTV, BSkyB, Star Asia and has just hired my former favorite G4 colleague Dale Hopkins as CEO. Dale and I were the first 2 people to develop G4 and she is one of the smartest, most energetic, hard working people i've ever met. If only the CEO at G4 let us run the place... But I digress. We are currently working hard to answer questions about the league, the teams, the games, the image, and the future of what pro/competitive gaming should be. I am hoping you'll all give your perspective if you care and I know some of you could give two shits about this stuff, so if you don't have anything to offer just abstain from the discussion. Saying it's lame or gay or dumb isn't really helpful. Saying what you think works and doesn't work IS.Consider this a direct feed into the league. As I said before i think there are a lot of synergies between CGS and what all games does. E For All will bring lots of competitive gamers together both old and new. That's just the beginning. You know I am very competitive so I want to create a league I would enjoy being a player in.
Holy Congrats Scot! I'm not too familiar with CGS, but now you've given me something to google. Anyhow, your a VP of something and thats awesome. At my job the VP gets all the glory and all the money, as well as all the pressure. Enjoy

The 'Guess Scot's New Job' Pool 11 years 2 months ago #342541

• dhopkins
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 2
Has anyone thought that he may not be going to a game company...instead he could be going to a game -related company.I'm gonna guessLogitech - in some sort of R&D role.D

The 'Guess Scot's New Job' Pool 11 years 2 months ago #342563

dhopkins;342541 wrote:
Has anyone thought that he may not be going to a game company...instead he could be going to a game -related company.I'm gonna guessLogitech - in some sort of R&D role.D
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e20/kareeji/arrowheadsig.jpg?t=1268771428
Twitter: hifibryYoutube: kareeji

The 'Guess Scot's New Job' Pool 11 years 2 months ago #342576

• Lnin0
  • Stage B - 3
I don't mind the idea of video game competitions but so far I have not seen anyone manage to make a broadcast of this stuff interesting. Too often the over energetic hosts go from one bad team profile to another and the competition consists mostly of shots of the gamers playing and not the games. Add to this some over the top commentary and a few disjointed moments of actual gaming and meh. Good luck Scot if anyone can make it work its you. Keep it grounded.

The 'Guess Scot's New Job' Pool 11 years 2 months ago #342637

• Sully907
  • Stage A - 1
I've watched some CGS footage and they actually make it interesting to watch. Even older games like Counterstrike are fun to watch.

The 'Guess Scot's New Job' Pool 11 years 2 months ago #342642

• LowVoltag3
i think derrick is still traumatized by the announcement.

The 'Guess Scot's New Job' Pool 11 years 2 months ago #342878

Awesome news, Scot, and congratulations! It really does sound like a sweet opportunity with CGS and can't wait to see what happens next.
[gamercard]Dungeonbuster[/gamercard]Random mumblings at World 1-1

The 'Guess Scot's New Job' Pool 11 years 2 months ago #343839

Congratulation Scot! Your hard work paid off. I hope this is everything that you deserve. You will be missed but onto bigger and better things.Thanks for the endless hours of your insantity on the show.Now go and kick some business ass and be a mover and a shaker.
Veronica Belmont = No Double Dragons :([gamercard]dblnutcustard[/gamercard]