Forum

TOPIC: The 'Guess Scot's New Job' Pool

The 'Guess Scot's New Job' Pool 11 years 1 week ago #341887

• JoEDigiTECH
  • Thank you received: 4
Well here is the link to the Championship Gaming Series Executive Bios:LINKI wonder if Scot had to fire Jason Katz on his first day, like Dave had to fire Ed in the first "News Radio" episode.And here is a link to the current job postings over there if you want to work for Mr. Rubin:LINKVP of Marketing requirements. Does Scot qualify? I report, you decide. :)About the Championship Gaming SeriesHeadquartered in Los Angeles, California, the Championship Gaming SeriesTM LLC. (CGS) is a well capitalized, global media company, uniquely targeting the $35 billion video gaming category with an innovative and compelling sports and entertainment offering. Developed and financially backed by News Corp. (NYSE: NWS). companies, DIRECTV, BSKYB, and STAR, CGS is the first international professional video gaming league, featuring teams of the world's best gamers, across a multiplatform distribution footprint which reaches more than 350MM households in North America, Europe and Asia. An evolutionary complement to the video gaming developer, publisher and platform (e.g. Xbox) community, key strategic partners already include Microsoft, Dell, Pepsi Co., and Creative Labs.PositionReporting directly to the COO, the Vice President of Global Marketing will manage strategy, development, execution and ongoing oversight of League marketing requirements, globally. Partnering with internal and external resources to develop and execute integrated marketing programs, including advertising, promotions, public relations, event marketing, online initiatives, and sponsorship support, s/he will be responsible for building the CGS brand and enhancing the organization's position within U.S., Latin American, European and Asian marketplaces. With a mindset that combines strong creative acumen with analytic based judgment, s/he will drive the ideation and ongoing, quantifiable assessment of marketing-program performance, building and leveraging best practices to enable the business to meet and/or exceed goals.This position will liaise closely with other members of the CGS executive team, staff members and League media partners. As such, the successful candidate will need to be a proactive, collaborative, and responsive leader.Core responsibilities: * Develop and execute marketing strategy, positioning and plans for U.S. and International markets, in support of defined business objectives * Conceive, develop, and implement high-impact brand and marketing campaigns for internet, print, on-air, and other mediums * Ensure consistency of brand image and messaging throughout various media, including advertising, collateral material, online, PR and promotional materials * Lead and support all U.S and international event marketing requirements * Oversee multi-regional marketing budgets * Conduct ongoing market analysis, research and economic analyses of group and initiatives performance * Collaborate with counterparts in Event Operations, PR, Online and Legal in carrying out responsibilities and deliverables * Build and manage a marketing team and network of 3rd party vendors/service providers * Manage relationships with media partners, League agencies, vendors, and service providersExperience and requirements: * Minimum of 10 years experience in consumer marketing, with backgrounds in video gaming, online, digital media, or entertainment preferred * Deep familiarity with all aspects of offline and online marketing mix, including branding, media planning and placement, advertising creation, promotions, viral marketing and event marketing * Solid, proven creative judgment, with experience directing creative teams * Analytic skills; comfort level with forecasting, modeling and data analysis * Strong project management abilities; capable of prioritizing and handling multiple projects simultaneously, under tight time constraints and within budget parameters * Experience working with and/or managing agencies and related service providers * Excellent leadership and team building/management skills; ability to provide clear and concise direction/feedback to external and internal stakeholders and the ability to influence others to adopt his/her recommendations * Knowledge of and passion for video gaming * Bachelors degree, MBA preferredContact Information:Please forward your resume to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..
The administrator has disabled public write access.

The 'Guess Scot's New Job' Pool 11 years 1 week ago #341897

• Decipher
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 1
Scot's Twitter wrote:
The cat's outta the bag. VP Marketing at Championship Gaming Series - press release in the next day or soabout 23 hours ago from web
Tada!

The 'Guess Scot's New Job' Pool 11 years 1 week ago #341903

• agn
  • Administrator
It's true I am now the VP of Marketing over at The CGS. I didn't take it just to be some suit at a pro gaming league. The CGS is owned by DirecTV, BSkyB, Star Asia and has just hired my former favorite G4 colleague Dale Hopkins as CEO. Dale and I were the first 2 people to develop G4 and she is one of the smartest, most energetic, hard working people i've ever met. If only the CEO at G4 let us run the place... But I digress. We are currently working hard to answer questions about the league, the teams, the games, the image, and the future of what pro/competitive gaming should be. I am hoping you'll all give your perspective if you care and I know some of you could give two shits about this stuff, so if you don't have anything to offer just abstain from the discussion. Saying it's lame or gay or dumb isn't really helpful. Saying what you think works and doesn't work IS.Consider this a direct feed into the league. As I said before i think there are a lot of synergies between CGS and what all games does. E For All will bring lots of competitive gamers together both old and new. That's just the beginning. You know I am very competitive so I want to create a league I would enjoy being a player in.
[gamercard]agn[/gamercard]Join the allgames community

The 'Guess Scot's New Job' Pool 11 years 1 week ago #341905

• LowVoltag3
agn;341903 wrote:
It's true I am now the VP of Marketing over at The CGS. I didn't take it just to be some suit at a pro gaming league. The CGS is owned by DirecTV, BSkyB, Star Asia and has just hired my former favorite G4 colleague Dale Hopkins as CEO. Dale and I were the first 2 people to develop G4 and she is one of the smartest, most energetic, hard working people i've ever met. If only the CEO at G4 let us run the place... But I digress. We are currently working hard to answer questions about the league, the teams, the games, the image, and the future of what pro/competitive gaming should be. I am hoping you'll all give your perspective if you care and I know some of you could give two shits about this stuff, so if you don't have anything to offer just abstain from the discussion. Saying it's lame or gay or dumb isn't really helpful. Saying what you think works and doesn't work IS.Consider this a direct feed into the league. As I said before i think there are a lot of synergies between CGS and what all games does. E For All will bring lots of competitive gamers together both old and new. That's just the beginning. You know I am very competitive so I want to create a league I would enjoy being a player in.
NICE! Well check this out dude. Do a Show, and tell us what ever you can about the job, and we can call in and talk about your new job.

The 'Guess Scot's New Job' Pool 11 years 1 week ago #341915

• KnuxSonic
  • Level 1
agn;341903 wrote:
HOLY SHIT, awesome. I was watching the CGS on G4 a few weeks ago and thinking how well produced it was, why it isn't more mainstream is a weird. Some of the stuff was a little over the top (NBA style player intros, coaches, etc.) but some stuff they did like regional teams, uniforms and a studio crowd made it feel much more like a team sport and something that was fun to watch. Congrats!

The 'Guess Scot's New Job' Pool 11 years 1 week ago #341922

damn scot thats a fine lookin title, congratulations and good luck.
Maurice Galactica Humanoid Erotica!http://youtube.com/watch?v=YhaVGvkzZkc&feature=related

The 'Guess Scot's New Job' Pool 11 years 1 week ago #341934

• JoEDigiTECH
Congrats Scot. Good Luck.

The 'Guess Scot's New Job' Pool 11 years 1 week ago #341940

• Kropotkin
  • Level 6
Congratulations Mr Rubin. I wish you all the best in your new role. Sadly I fall into the "two sh*ts about this stuff" mainly because I'm fantastically bad at games even though I enjoy playing them. I did compete within Clanbase for a while but my team killing skills were not really helping my clan in any way.
XBL Tag: Kropotkin

The 'Guess Scot's New Job' Pool 11 years 1 week ago #341948

Congratulations Scot. I'm not all that familiar with CGS but I'll be sure to check it out. The only thing that struck me as odd when looking at their site was the selection of games played in the series. Are the games listed on the Games tab of their website the only ones they play? Are they considering adding others? I'm sure that there is a lot to be considered when picking a game for serious competitive play, probably most important is balance, but I wouldn't mind seeing a game like COD4 or Gears of War despite obvious balance issues.

The 'Guess Scot's New Job' Pool 11 years 1 week ago #341952

• JoEDigiTECH
Felix Lighter;341948 wrote:
Congratulations Scot. I'm not all that familiar with CGS but I'll be sure to check it out. The only thing that struck me as odd when looking at their site was the selection of games played in the series. Are the games listed on the Games tab of their website the only ones they play? Are they considering adding others? I'm sure that there is a lot to be considered when picking a game for serious competitive play, probably most important is balance, but I wouldn't mind seeing a game like COD4 or Gears of War despite obvious balance issues.
Felix, if you look in the forums over at CGS there has been some initiatives to put together some tournaments for COD4 (from apparently forum members. I'm looking through it now so I don't have a lot of info but check it out.