Forum

TOPIC: Scot Goes Bye Bye! Noooooo

Scot Goes Bye Bye! Noooooo 11 years 1 month ago #338562

feels like a friend is moving away...good luck scot
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Scot Goes Bye Bye! Noooooo 11 years 1 month ago #338568

• agn
  • Administrator
I want to remind everyone that I didn't go and get some job to pay the bills. I was given a truly special opportunity that takes advantage of my 13 years experience in the gaming industry. I think this is a great beginning to the next chapter of All Games as well as my career. Things are about to get interesting.
[gamercard]agn[/gamercard]Join the allgames community

Scot Goes Bye Bye! Noooooo 11 years 1 month ago #338569

Good luck Scot, i've been listening since the early days of Arena. I'm in the UK and we never had G4 so I have to admit, at that time I had no idea who you were or what was going on in the show, I just sort of stumbled across it.What instantly grabbed me was the energy and the chemistry within the show. I had listened to a lot of podcasts before then but I had never really stuck with any of them. AGI felt more like a place for gamers to meet together in one place, jump into chat, call in and just to have a laugh. One of the first shows that hooked me was the call to Don at Microsoft tech support, I mean no other show would have done something so crazy. I honestly believe that the show can only work with a host like Scot Rubin. If the host had too big of an ego there would be no way he would make chat feel like part of the show, there would be no way he would argue with a caller for 40 minutes about the new Madden and there would certainly be no way he would allow callers like DerrickH, RavensDolphin, Curtis (insert any number of personalities) to have their platform for discussion.When the show left Arena Lounge it felt like the end of an era and it certainly feels worse now but like then i'm sure the community will rally around the show, contribute even more, help Lawrence and Jessica and support Scot on whatever his next project is.
[gamercard]Perfect Winter[/gamercard]

Scot Goes Bye Bye! Noooooo 11 years 1 month ago #338571

• MaternalBloom
All the best to you scot, thanks for great entertainment.

Scot Goes Bye Bye! Noooooo 11 years 1 month ago #338573

agn;338568 wrote:
I want to remind everyone that I didn't go and get some job to pay the bills. I was given a truly special opportunity that takes advantage of my 13 years experience in the gaming industry. I think this is a great beginning to the next chapter of All Games as well as my career. Things are about to get interesting.
Didn't DS Master threaten you to leave the show or else? I can't believe you gave in to DS Master of all people.
"It's like they deep fried delicious goodness and squared it... into a triangle." (BloodShotRobot, PAX08 )
"[Optimus] Prime is like Jack Bauer without all the issues" (Redmond, AGI Episode 211)

Scot Goes Bye Bye! Noooooo 11 years 1 month ago #338574

• HeyJued
  • Level 3
DS Master Strikes again, DAMN YOU!
[gamercard]Bitmob Rich[/gamercard]

Scot Goes Bye Bye! Noooooo 11 years 1 month ago #338575

• Jaggz
  • Level 1
First post i make and it's to say good bye?? WTF..Well you will never be far, seeing that this site and radio thing are of your doing.I am going to start with the oldest show i can and work my way back up to 500.By the time I am done maybe you will be back, who knows.I am glad you have a chance to make AG a better place, working at a Denny's as a head Dishwasher. I am now apart of the best show ever. Because you said Jaggz out loud on the WebAll i had to do was listen and enjoy, thanks Scot.
MMO killed the MUD star.

Scot Goes Bye Bye! Noooooo 11 years 1 month ago #338576

• VaeVictus
  • Level 10
The entertainment value Scot provided for me while at work was always a way for me to get through the usually boring day as an archive listener. I found myself laughing very frequently to the point where I didn't care if the show was on topic or not. I'll miss the humorous over reactionary comments that I enjoyed so much. Good luck.
http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com.s3.amazonaws.com/143/252/VaeVictus.png?1250775104610

Scot Goes Bye Bye! Noooooo 11 years 1 month ago #338580

I'll definitely miss listening to Scot every day. I'll miss his overreactions, his soundboard selections, his interviewing style, his anti Sony spin, his x-botness, his ability to ignore the existence of Wii completely, his off topic discussions, his ability to derail gaming news, his perverseness, and his temper.I think I'm one of the few who have listened to every episode since the first and I can't wait to see what Mayor and Jess do with AGI 2.0. Good luck Scot where ever it is you're going. I just hope they don't fire you for being a pig literally.
"It's like they deep fried delicious goodness and squared it... into a triangle." (BloodShotRobot, PAX08 )
"[Optimus] Prime is like Jack Bauer without all the issues" (Redmond, AGI Episode 211)

Scot Goes Bye Bye! Noooooo 11 years 1 month ago #338582

• MaternalBloom
Digital*Firefly;338580 wrote:
I'll definitely miss listening to Scot every day. I'll miss his overreactions, his soundboard selections, his interviewing style, his anti Sony spin, his x-botness, his ability to ignore the existence of Wii completely, his off topic discussions, his ability to derail gaming news, his perverseness, and his temper.I think I'm one of the few who have listened to every episode since the first and I can't wait to see what Mayor and Jess do with AGI 2.0. Good luck Scot where ever it is you're going. I just hope they don't fire you for being a pig literally.
I couldn't agree more dude.