Forum

• Page:

TOPIC: GameInformer takes my Trading Card idea

GameInformer takes my Trading Card idea 11 years 1 month ago #330869

• agn
  • Administrator
Coincidence? HmmmThe Home Team: Game Industry Trading Cards
We throw around the names of game-industry figures around a lot, but it seems like we may be taking much of their influence and experience for granted. BioShock was a fantastic game, but was that a fluke? How are the other games that Ken Levine’s worked on? Will Wright’s responsible for the Sims and SimCity, so his average Metacritic rating must be through the roof, right? In an attempt to answer some of these questions, we’ve made a few trading cards with a dozen of the biggest (or most interesting) names we could think of. After whittling down our list and picking our final rosters, we whittled down their gaming histories to titles they actually played a key role in. Playtesting and QA are important in game development, but we didn’t count those kinds of peripheral jobs. From there, we compiled the average score for those games via www.gamerankings.com, and then averaged that total. We’ll be the first to admit that it’s not the most scientific approach, but we think it’s an interesting way to size up each individual. On each card we also give the year their first known title was published, the number of titles they’ve worked on and the number of those titles that have accessible reviews. (Many games, particularly those that Will Wright and Sid Meier worked on more than two decades ago, no longer have any reviews available.) Today, we’ve got the national team, featuring six American industry vets. Tomorrow, folks from around the world come to represent the international team.
[gamercard]agn[/gamercard]Join the allgames community
The administrator has disabled public write access.

GameInformer takes my Trading Card idea 11 years 1 month ago #330874

• LowVoltag3
sue, they straight up stole that shit. That's EXACTLY what you guys were talking about on the show.

GameInformer takes my Trading Card idea 11 years 1 month ago #330876

• JoEDigiTECH
  • Thank you received: 4
What a colossal rip-off!!

GameInformer takes my Trading Card idea 11 years 1 month ago #330879

• LowVoltag3
damn, what show # was it?a couple of things comes to mind. I think it was the "toast club" episode where scot announced that he's starting a club for toast people. Redmond was on the show and I think Scot Verbally Copyrighted it on the air.

GameInformer takes my Trading Card idea 11 years 1 month ago #330918

• kadosho
  • Level 10
That does sound eerily familiar, not sure what to say. But they should give credit where its due.
[gamercard]kadosho[/gamercard]JKOrochinagi KOF fans uniteBTMusic 2.0

GameInformer takes my Trading Card idea 11 years 1 month ago #331266

• Dblueguy
  • Level 6
I must find this episode!
[gamercard]Dblueguy[/gamercard]

GameInformer takes my Trading Card idea 11 years 1 month ago #331282

• Glitch720
  • Level 9
BLASPHEMY!!!! You need to get an interview with someone from Game Informer and blind side them and interrogate them.
Holds the Record for most times being Banned from chat.

GameInformer takes my Trading Card idea 11 years 1 month ago #331411

• Kdog96
  • Level 2
Oh man! Well, I dug up some of the info for the Allgames legal defense.It aired on April 18th, the 500th episode of AGI. At the 32:17 mark, Scot mentions a news story about a Comic Con in New York and that Sid Meier will be there to sign autographs. With Redmond & crew throwing in their ideas, the topic then rolls into the conversation about the trading cards, and the creation of a card-based game. with Scot stating at 32:47 "Let's make trading cards for game developers". Funnily enough Redmond mentions at 35:54 min mark, "You do realize someone's probably gonna steal this." Scot follows with "I hearby trademark this in radio." at 36:05.Whole conversation lasts about 6 minutes.So AGI mentions it on April 18thGame Informer publishes their story 2 months later on June 25th.Clipped it out, you can find it HERE. Fav line... "You could end up with a pack that has Cliffy B, Sid Meier, Will Wright... and Skie."

GameInformer takes my Trading Card idea 11 years 1 month ago #331412

Once again, Kdog delivers!!!
[URL=
]
[/URL]PSN ID: AegisOfReach

GameInformer takes my Trading Card idea 11 years 1 month ago #331413

• Dblueguy
  • Level 6
holy smokes! all hail kdog96!
[gamercard]Dblueguy[/gamercard]
  • Page: