Forum

TOPIC: Small request (I hope) from archive listener

Small request (I hope) from archive listener 11 years 6 months ago #326952

Scot, is there any way to include an AGI jpeg in the feed on itunes? That way when archive listeners download the podcast and listen to it on their ipods, iphone, etc. there will be a picture of the AGI logo instead of a blank screen? This can be a viral ad opportunity for people who look to see what others are listening to. When you go into the itunes store, the picture is there on the show description but it doesn't download. Thanks for the show which is great as usual.
Behold, the Death\'s Hand.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Small request (I hope) from archive listener 11 years 6 months ago #326956

FiveFngrsOfDef;326952 wrote:
Scot, is there any way to include an AGI jpeg in the feed on itunes? That way when archive listeners download the podcast and listen to it on their ipods, iphone, etc. there will be a picture of the AGI logo instead of a blank screen? This can be a viral ad opportunity for people who look to see what others are listening to. When you go into the itunes store, the picture is there on the show description but it doesn't download. Thanks for the show which is great as usual.
I get the show jpeg when I download shows on my Zune. It's too small of a pic though and gets all pixelated.
"It's like they deep fried delicious goodness and squared it... into a triangle." (BloodShotRobot, PAX08 )
"[Optimus] Prime is like Jack Bauer without all the issues" (Redmond, AGI Episode 211)

Small request (I hope) from archive listener 11 years 6 months ago #326958

• agn
  • Administrator
hmm I will look into this, i know there is an album cover but i think i need to make it linked in every archive, i'll see if there is a way to do that easily
[gamercard]agn[/gamercard]Join the allgames community

Small request (I hope) from archive listener 11 years 6 months ago #326962

• GenoBaby
  • Level 3
you can attach the image as part of the ID3 tag and it will show up on your Zune or iPod or any media device.
[gamercard]GenoBaby[/gamercard]
Wii Friend Code:2318.4498.0085.8219Mario Kart Wii:3093.8081.6357Super Smash Bros. Brawl:0430.9284.6063Mario Kart DS:2020.0636.2464Animal Crossing: Wild Worlds:3265.6088.8405

Small request (I hope) from archive listener 11 years 6 months ago #326969

• Blackwolf
  • Stage A - 1
I just add whatever image into the ID3 tag of the MP3 before I upload it. Usually it's just the album art but sometimes I include a relevant picture.
"Blackwolf tends to offend the same people all the time, he\'s got such a pattern it\'s almost funny. The whole spammer/think I\'m smart/argueing for arguement\'s sake clan tends to always end up at odds with Blackwolf." -BamBam

Small request (I hope) from archive listener 11 years 6 months ago #327030

• Nut_Man
  • Stage A - 1
The one that i get from the Zune is a really bad picture. Its the same as the AGI gamerpic. It just looks weird and pixelated.

Small request (I hope) from archive listener 11 years 6 months ago #327055

• agn
  • Administrator
I wonder why that is happening, Bobby is our feed pointing to a tiny version or something?
[gamercard]agn[/gamercard]Join the allgames community

Small request (I hope) from archive listener 11 years 6 months ago #327078

• Blackwolf
  • Stage A - 1
The Zune *may* be getting it from the RSS Feed Icon, which is a 100x100 JPG of the AGI cover logo. I really don't think it's a good idea to make that one bigger, since the RSS spec intends it to be a small icon. I would also like to think that the ID3 cover image would trump the RSS icon.
"Blackwolf tends to offend the same people all the time, he\'s got such a pattern it\'s almost funny. The whole spammer/think I\'m smart/argueing for arguement\'s sake clan tends to always end up at odds with Blackwolf." -BamBam

Small request (I hope) from archive listener 11 years 6 months ago #327080

Blackwolf;327078 wrote:
The Zune *may* be getting it from the RSS Feed Icon, which is a 100x100 JPG of the AGI cover logo. I really don't think it's a good idea to make that one bigger, since the RSS spec intends it to be a small icon. I would also like to think that the ID3 cover image would trump the RSS icon.
That's probably why. Is there a higher quality one we can download and put in our Zunes ourselves?
"It's like they deep fried delicious goodness and squared it... into a triangle." (BloodShotRobot, PAX08 )
"[Optimus] Prime is like Jack Bauer without all the issues" (Redmond, AGI Episode 211)

Small request (I hope) from archive listener 11 years 6 months ago #327081

• Blackwolf
  • Stage A - 1
That's the iTunes album art - 300x300.