Forum

TOPIC: Conspiracy Theories and Strange Events Discussion

Conspiracy Theories and Strange Events Discussion 12 years 4 months ago #268242

No, AGN, he shows an innablity to properly sort out which things improve our credence that he's correct and which don't.For instance, one of his claims is that a TV SCRIPT for a FICTIONAL SHOW is evidence that the government was caught up in the whole scheme. linkAlso, like I said, some of that "evidence" if true would point toward MIHOP, while others, if true, would entail LIHOP. If the whole slew of them is true, then the universe is one weird place where both P and ~P can be true in the same sense at the same time.Your entire 380 person claim is itself a bandwagon fallacy. Whether 400 people or 4000 people think that this conspiracy has any merit has nothing to do with whether it actually does. In fact, it's irrelevant to the whole discussion and I don't know why you even brought it up, unless you were trying to use disreputable methods of persuasion.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Conspiracy Theories and Strange Events Discussion 12 years 4 months ago #268278

• agn
  • Administrator
Your entire 380 person claim is itself a bandwagon fallacy. Whether 400 people or 4000 people think that this conspiracy has any merit has nothing to do with whether it actually does. In fact, it's irrelevant to the whole discussion and I don't know why you even brought it up, unless you were trying to use disreputable methods of persuasion.
Spoken like someone unwilling to accept the fact that many intelligent people with a connection to 9/11 think that we've been hoodwinked, and that it's not just wacky Rosie and Scot asking for the truth to be told. You of course hate that because it flies in the face of your notion that it's OBVIOUS that everything is as the government has laid out.I also never said anything about killtowns beliefs, I said that there are hundreds of cited articles that raise a lot of questions. That's all. You're then going off on his personal opinions which i never even mentioned. The fictional TV show is just a reference that is laid out along with hundreds of others. Why focus on one you think is worthless when there are hundreds of others that are obviously more on point.
[gamercard]agn[/gamercard]Join the allgames community

Conspiracy Theories and Strange Events Discussion 12 years 4 months ago #268283

• C0lin
  • Stage A - 1
There's a cool article in the new Rolling Stone about the JFK assassination.

Conspiracy Theories and Strange Events Discussion 12 years 4 months ago #268284

agn;268278 wrote:
Spoken like someone unwilling to accept the fact that many intelligent people with a connection to 9/11 think that we've been hoodwinked, and that it's not just wacky Rosie and Scot asking for the truth to be told. You of course hate that because it flies in the face of your notion that it's OBVIOUS that everything is as the government has laid out.
AGN, I don't think using the bandwagon fallacy is terribly effective, and indeed, if you actually think that this fallacy is a valid debating tactic, you will be sorely disappointed with the results. Were I to offer a similar argument, I could find more professors in two colleges than the total number of people on your list who don't think 9/11 was a conspiracy. The bandwagon fallacy, while still a fallacy, only has any persuasive power when there are actually a lot of people who agree with the view presented. You're not taking a terribly impressive path of persuasion here man.agn;268278 wrote:
I also never said anything about killtowns beliefs, I said that there are hundreds of cited articles that raise a lot of questions. That's all. You're then going off on his personal opinions which i never even mentioned. The fictional TV show is just a reference that is laid out along with hundreds of others. Why focus on one you think is worthless when there are hundreds of others that are obviously more on point.
Again, you ignore a very important point in your strawman. Let me ask you, do you even know what MIHOP and LIHOP stand for? If not, I suggest you look it up. If you know the definitions of the acronyms, it's not terribly hard to see why a page which presents sources which, if all true, point to both being true will contradict itself. Don't ignore this facet of my argument and again use fallacy to attempt to convince the uninformed of your baseless beliefs.

Conspiracy Theories and Strange Events Discussion 12 years 4 months ago #268308

• agn
  • Administrator
When will you get it through your head that I'm not posting those names of people to engage in some kind of high school debate. I post them so that people following the thread can see other names besides Rosie Odonnel questioning the official theory. The problem with you nitrous is that you think every fucking thread is some extention of your debate and politics classes. It's not it's a conversation where someone says hey does anyone else besides Rosie ODonnel believe there is reason to question 911, and I say yeah check this page with a list of military, political, and victim family members questioning it.FOR THE LAST TIME, I'm not debating you nitrous, i'm posting info for people to read and make up their own mind. It's not to engage in your bizarre debating fetish. Stop playing referee for your own imaginary debate club you nitwit. If you want to post opposing points of view to the hundreds listed on that site do so, but I don't care that you think posting those hundreds of opinions violates your stupid rules.

Conspiracy Theories and Strange Events Discussion 12 years 4 months ago #268330

Scot, ironically, you are the most closed minded person I've ever met. You present "evidence" in support of an unusual claim, and I and other people, being the septics we are, challenge you on these claims for various reasons ranging from fallacious reasoning to bad sources and bad information. You then, always completely ignore anything said of consequence and continue posting as if no one came in to challenge your claim. If people were to act according to your lead, they would never, ever, accept anything which challenges their views on the subject, exactly like you don't. You claim to want people to open their minds to some "truth" yet, you are unwilling to do exactly the same, refusing to accept, or even respond to anything made in opposition to your statements or beliefs. I don't believe I've ever seen you consider a point someone makes in response to you and explain to them, exactly where they went wrong or right. Not ever.You are not some harbinger of truth and light. You don't care about academic honesty. You deride those who would dare contradict anything you've said on these subjects. You're a charlatan, a messenger, not of knowledge, but of what amounts to a religion, a religion based on suspicion and distrust. It isn't logical, it isn't rational, and it does a disservice to those who are taken in by it.

Conspiracy Theories and Strange Events Discussion 12 years 4 months ago #268342

• EvilWall
  • Stage A - 1
I feel the poll constricts my choices to just one logical choice via logical progression. I'm forced to choose the middle one because the other two are written so that they always conflict with the overall truth.I would have picked: "There are conspiracies, but you don't know about them because they're conspiracies, and if you think you know, you don't"
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Conspiracy Theories and Strange Events Discussion 12 years 4 months ago #268765

• agn
  • Administrator
No conspiracy with JFK eh? Rolling Stone article someone mentioned earlier...
Back to The Last Confessions of E. Howard HuntThe Last Confessions of E. Howard HuntHe was the ultimate keeper of secrets, lurking in the shadows of American history. He toppled banana republics, planned the Bay of Pigs invasion and led the Watergate break-in. Now he would reveal what he'd always kept hidden: who killed JFKERIK HEDEGAARD>> Who assassinated JFK? The conversation continues in our politics blog, National Affairs Daily.Once, when the old spymaster thought he was dying, his eldest son came to visit him at his home in Miami. The scourges recently had been constant and terrible: lupus, pneumonia, cancers of the jaw and prostate, gangrene, the amputation of his left leg. It was like something was eating him up. Long past were his years of heroic service to the country. In the CIA, he'd helped mastermind the violent removal of a duly elected leftist president in Guatemala and assisted in subterfuges that led to the murder of Che Guevara. But no longer could you see in him the suave, pipe-smoking, cocktail-party-loving clandestine operative whose Cold War exploits he himself had, almost obsessively, turned into novels, one of which, East of Farewell, the New York Times once called "the best sea story" of World War II. Diminished too were the old bad memories, of the Bay of Pigs debacle that derailed his CIA career for good, of the Watergate Hotel fiasco, of his first wife's death, of thirty-three months in U.S. prisons -- of, in fact, a furious lifetime mainly of failure, disappointment and pain. But his firstborn son -- he named him St. John; Saint, for short -- was by his side now. And he still had a secret or two left to share before it was all over.They were in the living room, him in his wheelchair, watching Fox News at full volume, because his hearing had failed too. After a while, he had St. John wheel him into his bedroom and hoist him onto his bed. It smelled foul in there; he was incontinent; a few bottles of urine under the bed needed to be emptied; but he was beyond caring. He asked St. John to get him a diet root beer, a pad of paper and a pen.

Conspiracy Theories and Strange Events Discussion 12 years 4 months ago #268766

• JoEDigiTECH
  • Thank you received: 4
I think there is a government conspiracy against Puerto Rican Jews on television. Honestly, when is the last time you saw an episode of Welcome back Kotter on TV? Exactly."Signed, Epstein's Mother."

Conspiracy Theories and Strange Events Discussion 12 years 4 months ago #268776

• agn
  • Administrator
are you just going to troll this thread? Seriously.