Forum

TOPIC: Conspiracy Theories and Strange Events Discussion

Conspiracy Theories and Strange Events Discussion 12 years 5 months ago #268106

• agn
  • Administrator
This will be the place for discussion about topics that fall into the non-political conspiracy theory category.
[gamercard]agn[/gamercard]Join the allgames community
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Conspiracy Theories and Strange Events Discussion 12 years 5 months ago #268116

• primeholy
  • Level 5
agn;268106 wrote:
This will be the place for discussion about topics that fall into the non-political conspiracy theory category.
Fuck yeah there are conspiracies. They dont want us to know everything or they would no longer have control over us. Now I dont know the level of conspiracies, but Im sure there are some. Just like there are some things in life you keep from certain people there are Im sure things big brother keeps from us for one reason or another.Peace

Conspiracy Theories and Strange Events Discussion 12 years 5 months ago #268117

Do you believe? That sounds like a matter of faith. A matter of faith that despite contradictory evidence, there is truth to be found in it. I don't believe in conspiracy theories. I think most of them are a load of crap, and they're all really cynical and condescending. If there was enough evidence for something to be true, it would be true; it wouldn't be a "conspiracy theory."I think I've always had a pretty good bullshit detector, and it has kept me away from the likes of religion and conspiracy theories alike. I have a lot more respect for religion, however.

Conspiracy Theories and Strange Events Discussion 12 years 5 months ago #268118

• agn
  • Administrator
Hasn't religion been responsible for more deaths than anything else throughout history? Remember the official story of what happened on 911 is a conspiracy theory, since we have no proof.
[gamercard]agn[/gamercard]Join the allgames community

Conspiracy Theories and Strange Events Discussion 12 years 5 months ago #268122

• Burr
  • Thank you received: 6
Well while we're on the subject, I do believe in religious conspiracies. Heck many have been exposed already. This is just one of the latest frauds perpetrated on believers to be revealed.‘Joan of Arc’ relic traced to mummy insteadThe difference is when it comes to organized religion, ignorance is revered and placed on a pedestal while dissent is much less tolerated and there is no turnover in leadership, with power and knowledge of the truth truly concentrated in a privileged few that pretty much inherit it all. Also these hoaxes are much older and from a time when nobody had a way to disprove them or really any information to work with until now.Of course lately politics has been trying to emulate the worst in organized religion, so who knows where we're headed from here.. Fortunately we have a lot more information to fight it with today.
Co-host of Cat & Fox on AllGames.com!

Conspiracy Theories and Strange Events Discussion 12 years 5 months ago #268123

• Magnum 50 Cal
agn;268118 wrote:
Hasn't religion been responsible for more deaths than anything else throughout history? Remember the official story of what happened on 911 is a conspiracy theory, since we have no proof.
What do you mean "no proof" muslim extremists hijacked planes and flew them into buildings. Osoma raised his hand and said I did that, on tape, another guy we caught planned the attacks.

Conspiracy Theories and Strange Events Discussion 12 years 5 months ago #268126

• primeholy
  • Level 5
agn;268118 wrote:
Hasn't religion been responsible for more deaths than anything else throughout history?
Word.

Conspiracy Theories and Strange Events Discussion 12 years 5 months ago #268130

• Gorazde
  • Level 1
agn;268118 wrote:
Religion isn't to blame. People who use religion to justify their selfish or violent acts are. People will find a reason to kill even without religion. We'd be fighting about something else. Even the most petty of differences divide us.There've been many dictators who've killed millions of people under secular reasons. Secularist beliefs and individuals have killed more people than religion.
GalacticAE
Родина-мать зовет!

Conspiracy Theories and Strange Events Discussion 12 years 5 months ago #268132

agn;268118 wrote:
No, I'd imagine that starvation and disease would be responsible for more deaths than anything else.

Conspiracy Theories and Strange Events Discussion 12 years 5 months ago #268133

agn;268118 wrote:
Religion has been and still is responsible for countless numbers of deaths. The idea of killing others on the basis of unprovable matters greatly befuddles and angers me.But religion isn't all bad. There are a lot of good things we have gotten out of it. I think religion has been a very necessary step in our history. It would be unreasonable to think that there was a possible scenario where early man said "lets not make assumptions about the natural world! lets use the scientific method!" It sounds silly and absurd. My studies of religion this year have really opened my eyes, and I hope to continue studying until I die. It's a very important subject, quite unlike conspiracy theories. What good have they brought us? What hope have they brought us?