Forum

TOPIC: Open Letter To Mr Awesome..

Open Letter To Mr Awesome.. 11 years 4 months ago #323593

• agn
  • Administrator
I posted it, i you want to jump in over there i am sure they'd love to ask questions.
[gamercard]agn[/gamercard]Join the allgames community
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Open Letter To Mr Awesome.. 11 years 4 months ago #323685

• pacmantab
  • Level 1
The crux of the debate, whether we are talking about dip switch or bonus cities, is whether or not conclusive visual evidence exists to show something is indeed as reported. With bonus cities, I know Walter had reported that he "stood and watched" Roy, but precedence exists where another player played in front of an official and still managed to "pull the wool" over their eyes. It's like football where an offensive lineman actually holds an opponent, but hides it enough where the ref doesn't see it.The thing with trak ball (or other "special controls") games is that variance can be due to a number of things (age, condition of equipment, etc.). Taking one sample and using it as the basis of one argument or the other is hardly a complete analysis.Looking at both videos I see both cases where the players use fingers...and then kind of a "wrist/palm" roll to get to other sections of the screen. While it appears that Tony is having the easier time of it, it may be more an indication of his skill level versus Roy's, or his machine being in better condition, than it being a "faster" setting.And while it is very difficult at best to determine using said videos, any variance of cursor speed, if any, does not appear as extreme as suggested above. If a variance does indeed exist, then several samples (by that several Missile Command machines) should be taken to truly determine whether said variance exceeds the threshold which would suggest that these players are not on a level playing field.

fast trackball speed 11 years 4 months ago #323691

Wow after reading all that I can see how complicated and varied our opinions are ...thats cool.. So i tried again today on the no bonus cities and flipped #4 to superspeedy ...If you are used to normal default settings this fast speed actually works against me ,,,Yes I can fly around at light speed with a slight finger roll , But im missing my smart bombs by a mile and getting murdered on the end of each wave..my precision is gone at this speed even tho it seems to slow the feeling down my insticts are set to another speed so im landing off the mark continuously .I can marathon till I get a headache but with no bonus cities right now im only in the 300,000's on normal and so far can only get 150,00 ish on the faster setting which again interprets the ballto be only 2.5 inches ..Anywho this game is a real punisher ! On default/or flipped#4 tony ,bill and roy could wipe the floor with me . Ill try to up my tgts score and keep practicing on both settings from now on .Its been a 25 year lay off but I just wanted to show my son what a hard video game is really like ..peace brothers ...Jason Askey

Open Letter To Mr Awesome.. 11 years 4 months ago #324066

• Token White Guy
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 1

Open Letter To Mr Awesome.. 11 years 3 months ago #326741

• HeyJued
  • Level 3
I have a solution to this argument. Have two entries for Missile Command, one for the Dipswitch on, and the other for the Dipswitch off.
[gamercard]Bitmob Rich[/gamercard]

Open Letter To Mr Awesome.. 11 years 1 month ago #336034

• bill139
  • Level 1
Hi Jason,I think you're destined....wait I digress I KNOW you're destined to become the best Missle Command player in the world......you rock! and I think I love you :heart:

Open Letter To Mr Awesome.. 11 years 1 month ago #336111

• LowVoltag3
MR. Awesome is the greatest.... PROOF

Open Letter To Mr Awesome.. 11 years 1 month ago #336691

• bill139
  • Level 1
Well maybe I'm just some dumb telecaster playing fool.....but I'l tell you something......if it came down to me being stuck on a deserted island and only allowed to bring 3 things they would beJason AskeyMissile Commandand a freaking generator!I love you Jason Askey..I really really do!

Open Letter To Mr Awesome.. 11 years 1 month ago #336692

• agn
  • Administrator
Bill what's your angle? You've made two posts both about Jason professing love. :)
[gamercard]agn[/gamercard]Join the allgames community

Open Letter To Mr Awesome.. 11 years 1 month ago #336706

• bill139
  • Level 1
Aww forget J. Askey,,I now profess my love for you!Seriously I'm joking about the love stuff obviously ;) but I like what this guys has to say and I've seen his videos of his playing and I just think he's a hell of a player!