Forum

TOPIC: Open Letter To Mr Awesome..

Open Letter To Mr Awesome.. 12 years 9 months ago #251785

• atari_man
  • Level 1
So where is the video of Mr. Awesome playing Missile Command?? I have not been able to find it.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Open Letter To Mr Awesome.. 12 years 9 months ago #251805

• agn
  • Administrator
It's only available to believers. It's seen only by those with faith. Just kidding, we're going to be editing together something from the party and then make the full high score run available here at allgames.com
[gamercard]agn[/gamercard]Join the allgames community

Open Letter To Mr Awesome.. 12 years 9 months ago #251946

• Flavius
  • Stage A - 1
Are you still "allgamesradio" over at TG, Scot? If so, you might want to shoot Walter a message as I think he may have misinterpreted your last thread.Still looking forward to hearing from him or someone else from TG on the program.

Open Letter To Mr Awesome.. 12 years 9 months ago #252595

• stonic
  • Level 1
Does TG require players use a specific romset with every arcade game that was produced with more than one version? AFAIK they only require the latest version when earlier version(s) had bugs or cheats that were fixed (ex. the earlier versions of Asteroids), but often a newer version was made to change some features, and not necessarily to fix a bug. Here's an example of differences between the 2 known versions of Missile Command.http://tinyurl.com/y5bsatIs there really much of a difference between changes like this, and changes done by a high score or multi-kit?

Open Letter To Mr Awesome.. 12 years 9 months ago #252674

• stonic
  • Level 1
I had a long conversation with Walter today. He admitted he wasn't aware of some of the issues going on, and seems genuinely interested in fixing all the problems over there. I asked him about the TG Laboratories idea- basically everyone would send all their recordings to a central location and from there copies would be made and sent out to the ref in charge of that platform (the problem with not having all the refs following the same guidelines will be addressed as well). He was very cordial and cool about everything (as he's always been in person). It's unfortunate that myself and others had to be pushed to the brink of turning our backs on TG in order for someone to do something, but he's willing to make the effort so I'll give him my support.(puts TG soapbox away)

Open Letter To Mr Awesome.. 12 years 9 months ago #253043

• atari_man
  • Level 1
Could "Mr. Awesome" come to the show and show you guys a copy of his alleged book which probably doesn't exist? I'm sure he will say he can't do that since it will have all the names of the men that he had sex with. If he had pictures of the rich and famous doing him, this book would be worth MILLIONS of dollars. Why not print it and retire instead of arguing over a video game record, it makes no sense!! On your 1/10/2007 show “Mr. Awesome” worried about being sued if he named people, but if he has the pictures he says he has, how can he be sued for telling the truth??? This has more issues than the Missile Command record problem!!

Open Letter To Mr Awesome.. 12 years 9 months ago #253079

• agn
  • Administrator
Atari man, you seem to have a lot of anger built up in you about Mr. Awesome. I'm glad you're tuning into the show though. :)
[gamercard]agn[/gamercard]Join the allgames community

Open Letter To Mr Awesome.. 12 years 9 months ago #253113

• kolop1
  • Level 1
I'm just tired of the whole damn thing. I think Mr. Awesome needs to get on with his life. He seems like he is stuck in the past.If he broke the record he should be recognized, but really, get over it.Sometimes life can be a bitch. Put a period on it, and move on.
Dance with us into oblivion.

Open Letter To Mr Awesome.. 11 years 5 months ago #323564

Hi , Im new to this forum. Here it goes. I found my old missile command on craigslist last month and drove the 10 hours over the border to detriot and brought the ol stand up version /black trackball home ..with the original manual so I can try these different settings. Within 1 month Im breaking the 810,000 and marathoning just like the good old days I remember. I decided to try the dip switch #4 setting that tony temple and bill carlton use . This setting makes the machine interpret the ball as being only 2.5 inches instead of 4 inches.Because of the coctail/small stand up machines used a small white ball (2,5 inches). Well instantlythe cursor is hypersensitive. You can blaze from one corner of the screen to the bottom making ultrafast saves and it almost makes it feel as if the game has slowed right down.You immediately realize you can save more bullets and plan out each wave with more confidence because you know you can be just about be aywhere on the screen to make a save with just a small finger roll. This is obvious when you watch tonys great playing in the condensed version of his record score..His hand is just not moving much at all vesus watching roy awesome get 900,000 something on the 4 inch trackball speed , his hand has to really move using the wrist flying all over at times while making upper /lower saves. Bill Carlton really uderplayed this fact on a recent radio show stating the setting makes only a slight speed adjustment . It is not slight by any means . It is easily twice as fast as the 4 inch setting ..After all no-one breaks records on the mini coctail missile command ...But it sure helps when you use the fast setting..My only suspicion is how in the hell are you able to set / beat records changing the setting to something that interprets speed in your favour . If steve weibesped up his machine on donkey kong would that still beat bill mitchells record, would walter have allowed that to happen ? would we the public accept this as valid.. Didnt some guys go to steves house to check the machine out for tweaks?Does it not seems weird you only here mention of different dip switch settins on r8#4 and not clearly mention one is for 4 inch track ball and one setting is for 2.5 inch ball ? Well time to play some mc . Im going to stick with the 4 inch trackball setting for my 4 inch trackball , the 2.5 setting just feels like im cheating the game . Hope I meet some missile command players out here .. All the best ....Jason Askeycritics reveal more about themselves than what they are critising...david bowie

Open Letter To Mr Awesome.. 11 years 5 months ago #323566

• Flavius
  • Stage A - 1
jason Askey;323564 wrote:
Hi , Im new to this forum. Here it goes. I found my old missile command on craigslist last month and drove the 10 hours over the border to detriot and brought the ol stand up version /black trackball home ..with the original manual so I can try these different settings. Within 1 month Im breaking the 810,000 and marathoning just like the good old days I remember. I decided to try the dip switch #4 setting that tony temple and bill carlton use . This setting makes the machine interpret the ball as being only 2.5 inches instead of 4 inches.Because of the coctail/small stand up machines used a small white ball (2,5 inches). Well instantlythe cursor is hypersensitive. You can blaze from one corner of the screen to the bottom making ultrafast saves and it almost makes it feel as if the game has slowed right down.You immediately realize you can save more bullets and plan out each wave with more confidence because you know you can be just about be aywhere on the screen to make a save with just a small finger roll. This is obvious when you watch tonys great playing in the condensed version of his record score..His hand is just not moving much at all vesus watching roy awesome get 900,000 something on the 4 inch trackball speed , his hand has to really move using the wrist flying all over at times while making upper /lower saves. Bill Carlton really uderplayed this fact on a recent radio show stating the setting makes only a slight speed adjustment . It is not slight by any means . It is easily twice as fast as the 4 inch setting ..After all no-one breaks records on the mini coctail missile command ...But it sure helps when you use the fast setting..My only suspicion is how in the hell are you able to set / beat records changing the setting to something that interprets speed in your favour . If steve weibesped up his machine on donkey kong would that still beat bill mitchells record, would walter have allowed that to happen ? would we the public accept this as valid.. Didnt some guys go to steves house to check the machine out for tweaks?Does it not seems weird you only here mention of different dip switch settins on r8#4 and not clearly mention one is for 4 inch track ball and one setting is for 2.5 inch ball ? Well time to play some mc . Im going to stick with the 4 inch trackball setting for my 4 inch trackball , the 2.5 setting just feels like im cheating the game . Hope I meet some missile command players out here .. All the best ....Jason Askeycritics reveal more about themselves than what they are critising...david bowie
Have you posted this over on Mark's forums yet?That's something I'd like to see. ;)