Forum

TOPIC: Open Letter To Mr Awesome..

Open Letter To Mr Awesome.. 12 years 9 months ago #251581

  • blarg
  • blarg's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Level 1
  • Posts: 12
  • Karma: 10
tdb30_;251505 wrote:
You are wrong about them contradicting themselves.First line for dip switch position 4. It says switch 4 on for large track ball. Second line for dip switch position 4. It says switch 4 off is for mini ball operation. AND It says it must be on for large missile command unit. (basically being redundant to the line before it) I see no contradiction.
Well I suppose that depends on how you read it. To me it seems like the text to the right is an explanation of the settings to the left, rather than an alternate scenario (or as you said redundant to the line above). So they should both read on or off. Also the fact that they mention a "large" machine rather than upright like in other texts. That just adds more problems, as if they are referring to perhaps a cocktail machine in which that line would then make sense, with the typo being that the settings to the left are flipped.If any case, it doesn't change the fact that the 1st and 3rd revision plus the panel shows the switch as needing to be off. Having played the game in MAME, that speed seems to be just what it's supposed to be. I wonder if it's even possible to consistently survive the fast levels at slow speed, but I'm not good enough at the game to say.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Open Letter To Mr Awesome.. 12 years 9 months ago #251583

  • T T
  • T T's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Level 1
  • Posts: 20
  • Karma: 10
And so we come full circle.Sorry UltraMannilow, but just so you know I was there too in the 80's. I know where we came from thank you very much, because I was very much part of it. I'm doing my bit for the scene - I've flown to the US twice at my own expense to support the classic arcade community, meet people and make some good friends. Compare that to a guy who is prepared to say on a radio show that Walter Day will be "snuffed" if he comes to LA. You draw your own conclusions about who is serious about supporting the videogames community. And I'm not quite sure where you think I'm "arguing" I've come on here at my own free will to point out some serious flaws in our hero's little story, and tried to give straight answers to any questions that have arisen. If you'd rather I dress like a security guard and scream and shout about the fact that some guy has beaten my world record and the whole world is against me, then you've got the wrong person I'm afraid.This is precisely the reason why I prefered to post here (which I wasn't asked to do) and not come on the show, because the whole subject is just one big circus. No one seems capable of getting any straight answers out of Mr Awesome (I've tried for two years). You really are hearing only one side of the story. Posted in this thread is all the information you need to make an informed decision - there is no need for me to come onto the show because everything from my side of the fence is here. Its here in black and white and I've been prepared to debate and discuss - I think I've answered every point put to me. Mr Awesome has breezed in to a studio and hasn't been held to account on many issues which should be raised by this thread.As long as Roy is given a platform for his innacurate, ill-informed ramblings, this will never be resolved.I've tried very hard in this thread to seperate the subject of Dip Switch settings from Twin Galaxies, but I can see that this appears to be a difficult concept for some to grasp. I am a gamer just like Roy. I am not the referee.TT
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Open Letter To Mr Awesome.. 12 years 9 months ago #251588

  • Flavius
  • Flavius's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Stage A - 1
  • Posts: 3085
  • Karma: 239
For the record, I recognized the distinction between the two discussions and chose, right or wrong, to discuss them both in this thread due to my perception of them as being somewhat interrelated. Again, while I'd love to have you call in and be part of the discussion Tony, I certainly appreciate you posting here...whether we're in agreement or not. ;)I have more to say on the issue, believe it or not, but I think I'll wait until I have the time to devote to a proper reply.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Open Letter To Mr Awesome.. 12 years 9 months ago #251613

Roy can`t beat Tony`s score . The End . Get a grip . He can wail all he likes about settings , bottom line , he`s second in the All Time Missile Command score . and before anyone starts , TG are looking into it , probably best to give him second spot , saves all this . Whatever , he`s beat . Get to Funspot Roy , in 2007 ( no chance ) , and play TT there . Shouting shite on the radio ? Numero Uno man , numero uno :) sandinista
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Open Letter To Mr Awesome.. 12 years 9 months ago #251615

T T;251583 wrote:
And so we come full circle.Sorry UltraMannilow, but just so you know I was there too in the 80's. I know where we came from thank you very much, because I was very much part of it. I'm doing my bit for the scene - I've flown to the US twice at my own expense to support the classic arcade community, meet people and make some good friends. Compare that to a guy who is prepared to say on a radio show that Walter Day will be "snuffed" if he comes to LA. You draw your own conclusions about who is serious about supporting the videogames community. And I'm not quite sure where you think I'm "arguing" I've come on here at my own free will to point out some serious flaws in our hero's little story, and tried to give straight answers to any questions that have arisen. If you'd rather I dress like a security guard and scream and shout about the fact that some guy has beaten my world record and the whole world is against me, then you've got the wrong person I'm afraid.This is precisely the reason why I prefered to post here (which I wasn't asked to do) and not come on the show, because the whole subject is just one big circus. No one seems capable of getting any straight answers out of Mr Awesome (I've tried for two years). You really are hearing only one side of the story. Posted in this thread is all the information you need to make an informed decision - there is no need for me to come onto the show because everything from my side of the fence is here. Its here in black and white and I've been prepared to debate and discuss - I think I've answered every point put to me. Mr Awesome has breezed in to a studio and hasn't been held to account on many issues which should be raised by this thread.As long as Roy is given a platform for his innacurate, ill-informed ramblings, this will never be resolved.I've tried very hard in this thread to seperate the subject of Dip Switch settings from Twin Galaxies, but I can see that this appears to be a difficult concept for some to grasp. I am a gamer just like Roy. I am not the referee.TT
I get it: you don't like him, so that means you feel justified in demeaning him because of his anti-social behaviour. You simply want to feel more important-so he makes an easy target.Your biggest problem is you won't give ANY respect to MAs skills here, and you keep thinking that most here are taking "his" side, when most are not. I'm not; you have the record fair and square, you earned it because you had skills and dedication.But those skills and dedication are meaningless if you won't respect the skills in another gamer, even if you don't like them personally.You seem to take it as seriously as MA, but you don't have the quirky personality. Quite frankly, it comes off as you should have enough sense to be more mature and put the past you have with MA behind you, that way everyone could have some fun with this and, again, shine some light on where gaming has come from.I feel bad that his behaviour was so horrible, even someone our age can't get past it.
What\'s your soul worth?the soUL TRAder knows.Barry Hayata raises the "Beta" capsuleAnd becomes UltraMannilow[gamercard]the soUL TRAder[/gamercard]
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Open Letter To Mr Awesome.. 12 years 9 months ago #251709

  • T T
  • T T's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Level 1
  • Posts: 20
  • Karma: 10
ultramannilow wrote:
Your biggest problem is you won't give ANY respect to MAs skills here, and you keep thinking that most here are taking "his" side, when most are not. I'm not; you have the record fair and square, you earned it because you had skills and dedication.But those skills and dedication are meaningless if you won't respect the skills in another gamer, even if you don't like them personally.
Well...TT in this very thread wrote:
Let me be say this straight - Roy can clearly play Missile Command. I've told him this on many occasions. I've tried for two years to have a sensible dialogue with the guy, and even to help him build some bridges with the guys at TG
TT in this very thread wrote:
I never said Roy's score was negated. I'm not negating Roy's score
TT in this thread wrote:
he and I could carry on battling for the top spot. I'd love that, I really would, after all, he appears to be the only competition I have.
TT again in this thread wrote:
Its a shame Mr Schildt can't just let his playing skills do the talking.
TT in the last week in another thread wrote:
There is no doubt that Roy can play MC to a high level.
How about digesting the info in this thread instead of making assumptions? Any "digs" I might be taking at Mr Awesome are merely piss-taking. Mr Awesome and I have exchanged enough banter over the years - I'm sure he can handle it.Would I choose to spend time and have a beer with Mr Awesome? Probably not. Do I respect him as a player? - yes (even he will tell you that), and I've never said otherwise.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Open Letter To Mr Awesome.. 12 years 9 months ago #251714

Thanks for the clarification, TT and I applaud you.It's obvious you are very reasonable, even more so than MA probably.It just seemed to me, that, after every "he can play", there was a BUT, relating to his personallity, and you wanted that to be the reason for AgI stop giving him any respect. There is definately enough respect for both of you and other "Classic players".My confusion is probably the same thing as you continually thinking we are talking MA's side, even though I said this on page two of this thread:UltraMannilow;249009 wrote:
Bravo TT, thanks for adding a little perspective, and not being afraid to say something to help clarify what is going on.And, don't feel too bad, MrAwesome didn't have most of us charmed into thinking he was anything but a strange character, much of the staying power of this has been his "uniqueness". But we just want to know he had the skills, thanks for confirming that. I'm sure I speak for most listeners when I say: "Hope to see you on AGN radio sometime."Maybe you should give a call to TwinGalaxy and you guys could discuss the life of PT Barnum, seems to me, this would be great "schtick" to give some old school gamers a little of the multi-billion dollar spotlight. I mean Pro Wrestling has taught us something, hasn't it.Let's let bygons be bygons, put the creepy behaviour in the past, and have the world's first cross-oceanic Missle Command-off for right's to the 80s pwnage king. And than do it again NEXT year!
I also apologise for not being clear that my confusion and anger is really at the way TG does things, and that I see that you do not have the same attitude, even if you have sympathy for what MA has put them through.I hope in the end, the rivalry gets stronger, Roy becomes less anti-social, and you both hit the 2million mark. GoodLuck.Thanks again for responding.
What\'s your soul worth?the soUL TRAder knows.Barry Hayata raises the "Beta" capsuleAnd becomes UltraMannilow[gamercard]the soUL TRAder[/gamercard]
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Open Letter To Mr Awesome.. 12 years 9 months ago #251737

  • stonic
  • stonic's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Level 1
  • Posts: 8
  • Karma: 10
Don't worry. Walter has a plan to save TG from itself...http://www.twingalaxies.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8885Suddenly he has $ to pay people, and he decides to hire some outside firm? Not only that, players will have to go to wherever this office is to submit scores?? This is akin to a hospital hiring candy stripers to do minor surgeries.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Open Letter To Mr Awesome.. 12 years 9 months ago #251743

  • Blackwolf
  • Blackwolf's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Stage A - 1
  • Posts: 5916
  • Karma: 2573
...Atlanta, eh?
"Blackwolf tends to offend the same people all the time, he\'s got such a pattern it\'s almost funny. The whole spammer/think I\'m smart/argueing for arguement\'s sake clan tends to always end up at odds with Blackwolf." -BamBam
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Open Letter To Mr Awesome.. 12 years 9 months ago #251755

  • tdb30_
  • tdb30_'s Avatar
Blackwolf willl be the new Missle Command champion until TT can get a ticket to atlanta.
The administrator has disabled public write access.