Forum

TOPIC: Warthog Announces Three Titles

Warthog Announces Three Titles 15 years 1 month ago #4711

• MusicFan
  • Stage A - 1
Johnny Whatever:Working Title: JOHNNY WHATEVER Platform/OS: Any Console Genre: Action / Music / kids 12 and up Rating: E - Everyone Release Date: September 2006 The Iron Royals have enslaved the people of New London, Rock-N-Roll has been outlawed and the Queen has been imprisoned in a vat of mustard while squads of Robo-Bobbies terrorize the populace. Johnny Whatever, the unlikeliest of heroes is ripped from the underground music scene and thrust into the conflict when his band mates, The Hooligans are apprehended by a roving gang of the Iron Lady's goons. With the help of inventor Roland Clockworks, Johnny sets out to save his friends, free the people and restore the true Queen to power… all in the name of Rock-N-Roll! Johnny Whatever combines rock music and pulse pounding action to deliver a completely unique style of game play where music is your weapon. Harnessing the untapped power of DirectMusic in conjunction with a complete suite of next generation graphical effects, Johnny Whatever is a genre defining title… a 3rd Person Riff Shooter!Players assume the role of Johnny Whatever, the reluctant hero whose guitar prowess is unmatched by any in Lower London. Equipped with only an "upgraded" guitar, players freely roam the streets, stringing together power-chords and creating combo riffs to blast enemies with decibels of destruction!Fresh Gameplay – Hours and hours of unique gameplay! Johnny Whatever is a genre defining title! Next-Gen Graphics – Spherical harmonics, global shadowing, deformable meshes, realistic physics and more! Rock-n-Roll Music – Anyone can easily learn to play their favorite rock tunes using a simple console controller! Xbox Live – Cooperative, death match, dueling guitars, free-form band mode and downloadable content! Compelling Story – Told through in-game cinematics and dynamic world events, Johnny Whatever creates a fantastic vision of a futuristic London.Game SiteMilo and the Rainbow Nasties:Working Title: Milo and the Rainbow Nasties Platform/OS: Any Console Genre: Action / Adventure / kids 6 and up Rating: E - Everybody Release Date: Soon Take control of Milo Sable as he and his best friend Chamille (a Color-shooting Chameleon) move through this 3rd Person Action Adventure. Using the unique ability to paint characters and geometry, Milo and Leon can take on the Rainbow Nasties, and bring the world back to full color – and make it live!Milo's sister has been kidnapped by the vile Dr. Polymer. Worse yet, Dr. Polymer is trying to mine all the color out of the world to fuel his own. Milo gains Chamille as a companion. Together with his chameleon, Milo goes through the worlds Dr. Polymer has drained of color and restores them to health.NEW AND EXCITING GAMEPLAYTHAT'S FUN FOR ALL AGESEasy to Use - Milo and the Rainbow Nasties has a simple pick-up-and-play Control System to allow for all ages play. Explore a Living Coloring Book - The game teaches younger players about color. From simple techniques of including mixing colors to produce new colors to learning about complementary colors. A Completely New Concept - Milo and the Rainbow Nasties is not only a unique style of game, but also a unique Intellectual Property, with the potential to be turned into a cartoon (or other product) license. Many Styles of Play - Play in highly contrasted gameplay styles and paces from level to level. One level may be a tension packed zombie ‘Lock In’, only to be followed by a Puzzle Solving and Exploration of the ‘ever changing’ world styled level in the next. Highly Dense Game-space - The acquisition of new powers allows Milo and the Rainbow Nasties to re-use levels. Return to previous levels with new colours, and whole new sections of them open up for the player to explore. Game SiteSticky Balls:Working Title: STICKY BALLSPlatform/OS: PSP(possibly others)Genre: Puzzle/??? Rating: E - Everyone Release Date: ????A totally original game that is as easy to play as it is fiendishly difficult to master.A simple concept with simpler controls that will grab you instantly; yet the game, depth and strategy will keep you coming back for more.Control System:One of the most important features of Sticky Balls is that it has one of the simplest control schemes ever divised, allowing the game to be adapted to a wide variety of platforms.Mouse/stylus system:The only control needed is a single tap or button press. On a standard console controller the controls are equally intuitive, requiring only a single button to play the game.How the Game Works:Sticky Balls has a simple set of rules which can be adapted to an almost unlimited number of game modes.Balls & Tables:The game is played on a Table with a number of differently colored Balls. The player can shoot any of the Balls on the Table (much like pool), rebounding off the edges or other Balls.Clusters & Snakes:If the Ball you shoot touches another of the same color then they will be permanently stuck together as a Cluster. When up to 7 Balls of given color (or all the remaining Balls of that color) are connected the entire Cluster will be removed from the Table. This is the basic game mechanic behind all game modes. A special Cluster called a Snake (balls connected in a line) earns extra rewards.The Bonus and Scoring:Every clean Shot by the Cue-ball increases the Bonus value by a set number of points. Ever non-clean Shot by the Cue-Ball resets the Bonus to zero. Keeping the bonus as high as possible, for as long as possible, is the key to earning big scores.Sticky Balls has been described as "an exercise in pure gameplay".The game has already become part of a University Degree course in game design, even before its first release. The early prototype even attracted the attention of the prestigious Edge magazine.Game SiteWrath & Skeller, Possible Fourth Game?
Psychonauts - The Greatest Game EVER! - Coming April 19th, The National Holiday Known As "The Release Of The Excellent Game Psychonauts Day"
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Warthog Announces Three Titles 15 years 1 month ago #4715

I thought I saw a clip on Johnny Whatever on one of the G4 shows (Pulse?). I thought it looked pretty good. AT
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin"The cost of failure is not that a saber-toothed tiger eats you... the cost of failure is nothing. The worst thing that will happen is that you will fail and no one will notice." - Seth Godin

Warthog Announces Three Titles 15 years 1 month ago #4716

• InnerLogic
  • Stage A - 1
Sticky Balls
I know the feeling, if ya know what I mean :wink: That has to be the worst name for a game.... hope it's subject to change.The "Johnny Whatever" game seems interesting, it's a rip of the Sex Pistols if I ever saw one, but the game looks like it could be good, if a bit stereotypical

Warthog Announces Three Titles 15 years 1 month ago #4720

• MusicFan
  • Stage A - 1
AcquiredTarget wrote:
I thought I saw a clip on Johnny Whatever on one of the G4 shows (Pulse?). I thought it looked pretty good. AT
Yeah that was Johnny Whatever on Pulse. When I was watching footage of the game that they showed I thought "Whoa, this game looks awesome. What the hell is it?", I'm glad I found out.InnerLogic wrote:
Sticky Balls
I know the feeling, if ya know what I mean :wink: That has to be the worst name for a game.... hope it's subject to change.
Reminds me of Project Rub for the DS and the goof on the GameSpot page. It was such a pain in the ass because I had to type that entire description for Sticky Balls that was on the .jpeg file, damn you Sticky Balls.
Psychonauts - The Greatest Game EVER! - Coming April 19th, The National Holiday Known As "The Release Of The Excellent Game Psychonauts Day"