Forum

TOPIC: DPL With Structure

DPL With Structure 7 years 3 months ago #396698

• DerrickH
It just occurred to me after 650 episodes that maybe DPL needs to change just a bit. Loserly has added a nice loose structure to DPL:LE and it's been very successful. I was thinking of stealing her idea and having the Thursday show focus on a single topic/feature/idea per episode. I want to check to see if the listeners had any thoughts on it. Whether you all want to keep the random, always offtopic style the show currently has, or will a more focused DPL still be DPL-ish enough for you.D
The administrator has disabled public write access.

DPL With Structure 7 years 3 months ago #396699

• JoEDigiTECH
  • Thank you received: 4
DerrickH;396698 wrote:
It just occurred to me after 650 episodes that maybe DPL needs to change just a bit. Loserly has added a nice loose structure to DPL:LE and it's been very successful. I was thinking of stealing her idea and having the Thursday show focus on a single topic/feature/idea per episode. I want to check to see if the listeners had any thoughts on it. Whether you all want to keep the random, always offtopic style the show currently has, or will a more focused DPL still be DPL-ish enough for you.D
I think a loose structure would be good when you don't have many callers. It will keep you from having to come up with content on the fly. If you do get callers, just let the conversation take over and put the structure to the side for when conversation slows down. A good conversation should never be stopped just to get to the next segment. I also have to say the dynamic between you and Loserly is fantastic.
The administrator has disabled public write access.