Forum

TOPIC: The Batman Films

The Batman Films 14 years 5 months ago #90929

• Snowmiser
  • Level 10
With Batman Begins coming it has had me watched all the older Batman movies again (with the exception of the awfully flamboyant and horrendously casted Batman and Robin. I was wondering, which of the four live action Batman films done in the late 80's and 90's did you find to be the best?I personally love the first Batman movie a lot. Keaton is a great Batman and Nicholoson owns that roll as the Joker. The film was very dark (to my liking) and too bogged down in having Batman play 2nd string to his enemies. Tim Burton is also a favorite director of mine and I love his style, so naturally I dug the Batman costume and Batmobile in this film.Batman Returns I still like, but focused too much on the villains and not enough on Wayne's personal torments. And penguins with rocket packs? That was a stretch.What I felt was the best part of the first two Batman films were Danny Elfman's scores. I love his music and his Batman theme is a milestone in cinematic musical history.Batman Forever had its moments and Kilmar was a good Batman, but no Michael Keaton. Tommy Lee Jones slaughters the Two-Face character and rides him off as mindless lunatic and not a troubled schizoprenic soul. Carrey suffices as the gay Riddler. The Riddler is just lame to being with, even as cool as they tried to make him in the animated serious. I don't enjoy Schumacher's love affair with bright lights and strobes, but the expression of Wayne's inner torment is discussed well and has a resolution; unlike Batman Returns which made me wonder, "Why the hell does he even bother?".Batman and Robin STAY THE HELL AWAYYour thoughts?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

The Batman Films 14 years 5 months ago #90936

The first Batman was the best I don't know how many times I watched it.
"I know I\'m stupid so I must be smarter than you." by RehabMySpaceCherryTap

The Batman Films 14 years 5 months ago #90942

• Krysis
  • Stage A - 1
Batman & Batman Returns are the only Batman movies worth watching and/or owning.Fuck the other two.
^^^Mote^^^
Myspace

The Batman Films 14 years 5 months ago #90946

• -Beck-
  • Stage A - 1
Tony Montana wrote:
Batman & Batman Returns are the only Batman movies worth watching and/or owning.Fuck the other two.
Correct answer.

The Batman Films 14 years 5 months ago #90950

• MageMasher
  • Stage A - 1
Batman forever was good.....but Batman and Batman returns will always be the best...
My Last.fm page
It all began with...birth by sleep.

The Batman Films 14 years 5 months ago #90951

• Rayo
  • Stage A - 1
George Clooney is the devil in Batman films.but the first one kicks so much ass.
[gamercard]Sir Rayo[/gamercard]

The Batman Films 14 years 5 months ago #91001

• Style
  • Stage B - 1
I like batman forever the best. I never really liked Michael Keaton.

The Batman Films 14 years 5 months ago #91009

• gorilla
  • Stage B - 3
Joel Schumacher fucking butchered the Batman series. He made Gotham City look like a queer laser tag arena. Anyone who voted for those, which I guess so far is only Style, licks penis. That is not Batman, that's not even entertainment. That's just shit.
[url=irc://irc.sysnode.org/sysnode]
irc.sysnode.org[/url]

The Batman Films 14 years 5 months ago #91131

Keaton is the best Batman, period.
"It's like they deep fried delicious goodness and squared it... into a triangle." (BloodShotRobot, PAX08 )
"[Optimus] Prime is like Jack Bauer without all the issues" (Redmond, AGI Episode 211)

The Batman Films 14 years 5 months ago #91200

The original's a classic. Batman Returns should've been called The Penguin. I really hated all the cramped set pieces. It really felt like you were watching actors on a stage, not in Gotham. Still, it was comparatively enjoyable. There's a ridiculously steep drop-off to Forever and Robin. Ugh. Why the hell would you make Bane such a pussy, throw-away character? The fucker broke Batman's back! And that's just about the least of my complaints. Only bright spot: Jim Carrey.That being said, I can't wait to see Batman Begins.