Forum

TOPIC: The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2 - Movie Review

The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2 - Movie Review 3 years 9 months ago #399850

• RealMsH
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 5
Hello Everybody!

Here is my review of The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2 movie. This movie review is mine alone and does not reflect the views of www.allgames.com.

Introduction of The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2 Movie

There were rumors which turned out to be true that The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2 would be the last Hunger Games movie for Jennifer Lawrence who plays the part of Katniss Everdeen. The question is did Jennifer Lawrence go out with a bang or a whisper. My answer is she went out with more of a whisper than a bang. See why in my full review of The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2 movie.

Drama in The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2 Movie

In my opinion, there was no exciting drama in this movie. There were no wrenching decisions that had to be made that would affect the outcome of events or series of events culminating in an explosive finish. I also did not see any parts of the movie where the academy award winning actress, Jennifer Lawrence got a chance to show her acting chops, except for one scene involving a cat. To not spoil the movie for you, I will not divulge the details.

There was an opportunity for drama dealing with a relationship triangle of sorts, but even that event in the movie was subdued and played down. The two gents simply had a conversation between themselves on who Katniss Everdeen would choose and why as well as the possible consequences -- no harm, no foul.

I think the movie would have had a more dramatic effect if there were more raw emotions shown on those scenes that provided the opportunity to do so. Unfortunately, dramatic highlights on emotional levels in The Hunger Games: Mockingjay part 2 movie were mostly non-existent.

Action in The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2 Movie

There were a few action scenes in The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2 movie,which in my opinion were very well done. Some of the action scenes had a combination of suspense and mystery, which were positives for the movie. There were also a few explosions to augment the action scenes as well.

The movie trailer shows the group running away from huge waves of oil, so I won't be spoiling it for you when I talk about this specific action scene. Most made it safely away from the waves; but logically speaking, I'm interested to know where the mountainous amount of oil went in a matter of minutes after they reached a high floor in the building. I guess this quick disappearance of oil can be chalked up to "movie magic."

Darkness of The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2 Movie

You may not help but feel a sense of dread during some of the movie scenes, especially the one where there appeared to be mass destruction of people of all ages and genders. This movie did not spare many people from destruction sometimes, unfortunately, when they thought at first they were going to be saved and cared for. I will not go into details, but you will find out what I'm talking about if you see the movie.

Aftermath in The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2 Movie

Spoiler alert: Do not read the below if you have not seen the movie or plan to see it.

In my opinion, the ending of this movie left much to be desired. It was as if the inference was after one has a family or settles down, the excitement of working towards something that is much bigger than yourself goes away. Of course the movie was following the book, which I have not read, but after all of the adventures that Katniss Everdeen not only experienced but conquered, I would have preferred to have seen a more grandiose ending than the one that was shown.

Assessment of The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2 Movie

In my opinion, The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2 movie showed that sometimes it is good to quit while you are ahead. Fans of the Hunger Games movies may have wanted a sequel to the previous movie -- but not one that was more or less about a story that had been told many times before.

Additional actions scenes, coupled with overly-dramatic scenarios in the movie would have made up for the unoriginality of The Hunger Games: Mockingjay part 2 story. However, that did not happen in this movie. Instead, Jennifer Lawrence ended her run of playing the part of Katniss Everdeen with more of a whisper than a bang. However, given her academy award winning performances in such movies as American Hustle and Silver Linings Playbook, I'm sure there will be plenty of movies forthcoming where she will be able to better demonstrate her acting talent.

Rating for The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2 Movie

Based on a rating of 1 to 5 stars with 5 stars being the highest, I rate The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2, 3 stars.

Last Edit: 3 years 9 months ago by RealMsH.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2 - Movie Review 3 years 9 months ago #399854

• Burr
  • Thank you received: 6
In my opinion, The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2 movie showed that sometimes it is good to quit while you are ahead. Fans of the Hunger Games movies may have wanted a sequel to the previous movie -- but not one that was more or less about a story that had been told many times before.

It's based on a book, so they had to do this Part 2 movie or it would have left off on a cliffhanger. That said, it was a money grab to split it into two parts in the first place.
Co-host of Cat & Fox on AllGames.com!

Last Edit: 3 years 9 months ago by Burr.

The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2 - Movie Review 3 years 9 months ago #399857

• RealMsH
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 5
I believe this movie could have taken literary license and deviated from rehashing a story that's been told many times before even if it was based on a book. Doing so would have, in my opinion, made for a more exciting sequence of events for the second part of the movie. As it stands now, I'm of the opinion the highlights remain the action scenes, rather than the story line. Hopefully Jennifer Lawrence's next movie of this type will not only have entertaining action scenes, but an original story as well. Thanks for your comment.