Forum

TOPIC: Our Brand is Crisis - Sandra Bullock: A Movie Review

Our Brand is Crisis - Sandra Bullock: A Movie Review 4 years 1 week ago #399785

• RealMsH
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 5
Hello Everybody!

Here is my review of the Our Brand is Crisis movie starring Sandra Bullock and Billy Bob Thornton. This movie review is mine alone and does not represent the views of www.allgames.com.

Introduction to the Our Brand is Crisis Movie Review

Do you sometimes watch a movie simply because you like or is a fan of the star of the movie? Well, that is what I did when I decided to see the Our Brand is Crisis movie. Sandra Bullock plays the character of Jane Bodine, who is known for moving unlikely winning candidates running for office higher in the polls, and sometimes, eventually to victory.

When I found out that Sandra Bullock was starring in the Our Brand is Crisis movie, it was a no-brainer for me to see it on opening day. However, after watching this movie, I found out that sometimes it takes more than an academy award winning actor such as Sandra Bullock to save it.

Predictability of the Our Brand is Crisis Movie

The plot of the Our Brand is Crisis movie is not, in my opinion, unique and from the start of the movie, you could almost predict what the outcome will be. I did not see anything different about the movie, except maybe the location which is Bolivia, South America.

Positives of the Our Brand is Crisis Movie

The major positive of the Our Brand is Crisis movie in my opinion is Sandra Bullock playing the part of the main character. She played her role of Jane Bodine seamlessly and flawlessly. Billy Bob Thorton also portrayed his character Pat Candy realistically. In fact, I would go so far as to say that all the characters portrayals were believable. Another positive was that given some parts of the movie are sub-titled -- since the election is in Bolivia -- the close caption narratives for the most part were simple and understandable.

Another positive was when Sandra Bullock predicted what her opposing campaign strategist, Billy Bob Thornton was going to do and in sort of a twist, it back-fired on him. In fact (Spoiler Alert) this was one of the highlights of the movie.

Negatives of the Our Brand is Crisis Movie

Unfortunately, there were many negatives about the Our Brand is Crisis movie. Instead of action, suspense, adventure and even comedy, this movie delivered in my opinion an hackneyed plot where you could predict the ending as soon as the movie started. Additionally, I did not see chemistry between any of the characters, even though some type of chemistry was hinted at between Sandra Bullock and Billy Bob Thornton. I felt as if everyone had their own part to play and did so, independently of the others.

Additionally, I think this movie had one too many actors. Specifically, the characters played by Anthony Mackie as Ben and Ann Dowd as Nell could have easily been combined into one character.

There is a part in the movie where an out-of-control party is going on and Sandra Bullock partakes heartily in some questionable actions, which she apologized for the next day. In my opinion, her party actions destroyed the strong image she previously displayed during the movie. Deletion of this party scene probably would not have been missed by the movie viewing audience.

Body doubles? Sometimes during the movie I got confused as to which political candidate Sandra Bullock's character was working for, due in part to the resemblance of the campaigning opponents to each other. Of course this was probably the fault of whoever cast these actors for the Our Brand is Crisis movie.

Additionally there were some disconnects in the movie. For example, after working together for quite some time Ben, the character played by Anthony Mackie finally asks Sandra Bullock (Jane Bodine) to tell him more about herself. I expected this introductory acquaintance conversation to occur earlier in the movie.

Assessment of the Our Brand is Crisis Movie

I think the writers and directors could not decide if the Our Brand is Crisis movie was going to be a comedy or a drama. I think it leans more towards being a drama since there were little to no really funny parts in the movie that I noticed. However, in my opinion, the movie tried to deliver a message centering around personal integrity and the unwavering desire to win, especially after you see the aftermath from the results of the election.

Rating of the Our Brand is Crisis Movie

Based on a rating of 1 star to 5 stars, with 5 stars being the highest, I rate Our Brand is Crisis 2 stars.

Last Edit: 4 years 1 week ago by RealMsH.
The administrator has disabled public write access.