Forum

TOPIC: Crimson Peak: A Movie Review

Crimson Peak: A Movie Review 4 years 3 weeks ago #399782

• RealMsH
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 5
Hello Everybody!

Here is my review of the Crimson Peak movie. This movie review is mine alone and does not reflect the views of www.allgames.com.

Introduction:

What better way to get into the Halloween spirit than to see a horror movie? I did just that by seeing the horror movie, Crimson Peak starring Mia Wasikowska as Edith Cushing, Jessica Chastain as Lady Lucille Sharpe, and Tom Middleston as Sir Thomas Sharpe.

I wasn't sure what to expect from this horror movie, so I asked the concession clerk at the movie theater if he had seen the movie and was it really scary. In other words, did it have ghosts and blood. He said this movie had both ghosts and blood but that a lot of strange things were happening in the movie as well. Another movie-goer joined our conversation and said that she thought that Crimson Peak was a good movie.

It just so happened that I had a free movie ticket so I was in a win-win situation. If I did not enjoy the movie, I would not be wasting my own money since I was not paying for a movie ticket. And if I enjoyed the movie, my time would have been well spent watching it. Well, It turns out that I had nothing to worry about, since this movie delivered, and in my opinion it delivered big time.

No Spoilers Here

Crimson Peak has suspense, action, mystery, ghosts, monsters, as well as lots of twists and turns. Even though it is a period film, set in the late 1800s or early 1900s, the plot of this movie could very well happen today. I do not think I will spoil the movie for you if I told you that I believe an excellent job was done in making the audience feel as if they were transported to a time period, so long ago. The period outfits, as well as the vintage type technology and other items of old were in my opinion, right on point.

In addition to Crimson Peak keeping you in suspense and on the edge of your seat, I think you can also sit back, relax and enjoy the cinematography of this movie. Of course there are supernatural beings and other horror-type characters to be expected in a horror movie, but there was also, in my opinion, an emphasis on making every item, down to a shaving brush to be authentic and a true reflection of this time period.

Assessment

In my opinion, Crimson Peak was much more than a horror movie. I liked that there seemed to be a balance between the horror side of the movie, as well as the actual story or sequence of events that were unfolding. There were a few minor inconsistencies in the movie such as the dramatic change in hair length of one of the characters. I also questioned why one of the characters would go to such lengths to try to "save" the Edith Cushing character, including walking four hours in the snow to see her.

Other than that, I thought the movie was well done. I think the actors in this movie did an excellent job of bringing the story, Crimson Peak to life. A plus is in addition to the period outfits you will see in the movie, you will also see a castle/mansion (which has seen better days) depicted complete with butterflies and even snow!

Crimson Peak movie is rated R so you must be over 17 years old to see it, unless accompanied by an adult.

Rating

On a scale of 1 star to 5 stars, with 5 stars being the highest, I would give Crimson Peak 3 1/2 stars.

Have a safe and happy Halloween!

Last Edit: 4 years 3 weeks ago by RealMsH.
The administrator has disabled public write access.