Forum

• Page:

TOPIC: Blindspot: Jaimie Alexander as TV Action Star

Blindspot: Jaimie Alexander as TV Action Star 3 years 9 months ago #399739

• RealMsH
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 5
Hello Everybody!

The new fall television schedule is heating up with lots of new shows. One show that stood out for me was Blindspot, mainly because of the high quality of the action sequences, and the fact that some of the actions were being done by a female actor.

The actor is Jaimie Alexander who you may have seen in such movies as Thor as well as some other television shows. I'm interested to see how much of a leading role she will have in Blindspot, as well as if the physical action scenes will stay and progress as the television show moves along.

Will Blindspot be more than the run-of-the mill detective/FBI show, and be worth watching?

This question should be answered in a matter of days when Blindspot debuts September 21, 2015 at 10:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, 7:00 p.m. Pacific Standard Time on NBC.

Lights! Action! Camera! RealMsH

www.moms-minute.com/index.php/ms-h-news/...v-female-action-star
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Blindspot: Jaimie Alexander as TV Action Star 3 years 7 months ago #399787

• RealMsH
  • Administrator
Hello Everybody!

I've been keeping my eyes on the Blindspot television show. I will be ready to give you my review of this show after I watch my fifth consecutive episode. I'll let you know what I was waiting to happen on this show, and whether or not it came to fruition. I will also rate the Blindspot television show between one and five stars, with five stars being the highest.

Stay tuned for my Blindspot television show review.

Lights, Action, Camera! - RealMsH
Last Edit: 1 year 7 months ago by RealMsH.

Blindspot: Jaimie Alexander as TV Action Star 3 years 6 months ago #399845

• RealMsH
  • Administrator
Hello Everybody,

I found out there will be a season finale show of Blindspot coming up. Look for my review after this show airs. The dilemma I'm having is that Jaimie Alexander's part in this show changes, sometimes dramatically, from show to show, depending on the story line. For example, just when I came up with an idea for Jaimie Alexander to have more "TV face time", like magic the show delivers...however; the next show has her again in a background type role.

Stay posted!

Lights! Action! Camera! -- RealMsH

Blindspot:Jaimie Alexander - TV Action Star Review 3 years 6 months ago #399858

• RealMsH
  • Administrator
Hello Everybody!

i've watched the season finale of Blindspot and I'm ready to give my review of this television show.

Since watching Blindspot from the first episode to the season finale, I can tell you there were some twists and turns in the plot. Sometimes the story would seem to be going one way, then during the next episode, the story would move in another direction. I think I can remove myself from this roller-coaster of a television show and give you my opinion on how I viewed the Blindspot television show overall.

Blindspot will return in February 2016 on NBC. Before that time, maybe the writers of the show will have a clearer idea of how Jaimie Alexander's character should be depicted. An inkling of her shining through as the star of this action series showed in the finale -- however, much more needs to be done.

Check out my review here.

www.moms-minute.com/index.php/ms-h-news/...ar-television-review

Lights! Camera! Action! -- RealMsH

Last Edit: 3 years 5 months ago by RealMsH.

Blindspot:Jaimie Alexander - TV Action Star Review 3 years 6 months ago #399860

• Burr
  • Thank you received: 6
Thanks for the review, Ms. H! I thought about watching this show but now I'm going to wait and see how they handle the next season before I start it, since I was mainly interested in the female lead.
Co-host of Cat & Fox on AllGames.com!

Blindspot:Jaimie Alexander - TV Action Star Review 3 years 6 months ago #399861

• RealMsH
  • Administrator
Burr, no problem, I appreciate your comments. I wish the writers would read and heed my review. The first season of Blindspot had a rocky start on handling the female lead. Hopefully, the show will come back strong with stories and actions centering around Jaimie Alexander's character and showcase her rather than a hodgepodge of other characters. I guess for now, we will just have to wait and see.

Blindspot: Jaimie Alexander as TV Action Star 3 years 5 months ago #399884

• RealMsH
  • Administrator
Hello Everybody!

Blindspot television series with Jaimie Alexander returns to NBC, February 29, 2016!

I plan to have a ringside seat to see if Jaimie Alexander will finally break out as the bonafide female action star of Blindspot. For now, just a few days to find out!

Lights! Action! Camera! -- RealMsH

Blindspot: Jaimie Alexander as TV Action Star 1 year 7 months ago #401141

• RealMsH
  • Administrator
Hello Everybody,

Blindspot has returned to TV. This TV show is in its 3rd season and looks like there have been some changes. For starters, the main character playing the tattooed action star, Jane Doe, has seemingly married her partner and also has a daughter. The episode opens with a quick run down of various scenes showing what happened to the couple previously.

I am somewhat dismayed by the turn of events which may have served to push this female lead character played by Jaimie Alexander further back in the background. However, this new season has just started so I will be giving this show a fair chance to show that it is able to produce a high quality tv show with a female action lead.

Check out my TV review of Season 3, Episode One of Blindspot here.

www.moms-minute.com/index.php/ms-h-news/...e-1-a-ms-h-tv-review

Lights! Action! Camera!

RealMsH

Blindspot: Jaimie Alexander as TV Action Star 1 year 7 months ago #401142

• RealMsH
  • Administrator
Hello Everybody!

It's interesting to me to see the turn of events in Blindspot as it moves to the second episode of Season 3. Unfortunately, not only is Jaimie Alexander starring role in Blindspot drastically diminished, but she has to endure comments from a character that does not realize that it's now the 21st century. Of course the blame lies with the writer; however, it looks like matters may be out of her control as her character continues to lose visibility and staure on a show that should evolve around her.

Instead of improving, it seems the writer wants to make sure the audience knows that Jaimie Alexander's character will be swept further under the rug. I stopped watching this show for sometime, and is finding out exactly why I did. I gave it the benefit of the doubt, but now, it looks like the show is becoming "an old boy's club" where the women are either there for show, or to be destroyed off the show early. Now the focus is turning to Jaimie Alexander's brother instead of her.

Well, at least she did get a few speaking lines in during this episode but nothing to write home about. Check my latest review of Blindspot, Season 3, Episode 1 here. As a precaution, the trailer below does not accurately show that Jaimie Alexander is no longer standing out as the main character who plays the part of a strong female lead.

Lights! Action! Camera!

RealMsH

www.moms-minute.com/index.php/ms-h-news/...-ms-h-tv-show-review

Blindspot: Jaimie Alexander as TV Action Star 7 months 3 weeks ago #401225

• RealMsH
  • Administrator
Hello Everybody,

I wanted to let you know that the Blindspot TV show is still around. Season 4, Episode 1 premiered on October 12, 2018. This TV series starring Jaimie Alexander as an action star is holding on -- even though it was one of the lowest rated TV shows last season.

However, there is hope in the air. I recently watched the first episode and must say I was quite impressed with the season premiere -- which had Jaimie Alexander out front and center! In fact, the complete storyline centered around her. This is in contrast to the last show I watched which was Season 3, Episode 12. Because Jaimie Alexander was once again pushed in the background, I rated that particular show a lowly 1 out of 5 stars.

You may want to take a look at this show -- especially if you like action scenes. I was not a fan of her having some sort of ailment -- which of course will eventually be cured -- or of her being a villain instead of a crime fighter But I'm sure this is a temporary setback. I was mainly impressed with how the director showcased her as an action star.

The question is whether or not this will last. I have my fingers crossed -- and plan to watch more episodes. If she gets pushed back in the shadows again, I will have no other choice but abandon this show as I did before. But -- So far -- so good!

Check out my TV show review of Blindspot, Season 4 Episode 1 here!

www.moms-minute.com/index.php/ms-h-news/...h-season-4-episode-1

Thanks!

Lights! Camera! Action!

RealMsH
The following user(s) said Thank You: divyabhatt
  • Page: