Forum

TOPIC: Fantastic Four 2015: A Movie Review

Fantastic Four 2015: A Movie Review 3 years 4 months ago #399728

• RealMsH
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 5
Hello Everybody!

Here is my review of the Fantastic Four 2015 movie.

Disclaimer: This movie review contains spoilers. If you have not seen Fantastic Four 2015 and plan to do so, you may want to read this review after you have watched the movie. Additionally, this movie review consists of my opinions of the Fantastic Four 2015 movie only, and does not in any way represent those of Allgames.com.

Fantastic Four 2015 Introduction

Have you ever listened to a song that started out really slow, almost to the point of being boring -- however, you kept listening anyway until the tempo of the music changed or something happened with the musical arrangement that caused you to be glad you were patient and kept listening to the music anyway?

Well, this is how I would describe Fantastic Four 2015. The movie starts off slowly, in fact it nearly drags in the beginning, so much so that if you were not committed to watching the movie, you may want to just get up and leave the movie theater. However, as the story and events continue to unfold, you may realize there were reasons for the slow start -- given some of the details that were revealed about the main characters during the early part of the movie.

Fantastic Four 2015 vs. Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation

If you saw the movie Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation starring Tom Cruise, you may recall the movie starts off with an intense action-packed airplane flight scene. At the start of Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation, there is an urgent need for someone to get a package off a plane that had already left the air-strip. Enter Tom Cruise to save the day literally hanging on the plane that was already in flight while screaming to the person in the control room to open the door to the plane, as he dangles and holds on to the plane for dear life. Exciting -- Right? Unfortunately, by contrast, you will not see this type of action, or hardly any action at all in the beginning of the Fantastic Four 2015 movie. Instead, the movie starts off slowly with the main character young Reed being scolded by his teacher in the year 2007 for presenting a teleporting class project he is working on in his garage instead of a bona fide science project.

Fantastic Four 2015 Gaps

The events in the movie advance forward seven years to 2014 when an older Reed is at a science convention presenting his project. Dr. Storm takes a liking to the teleporting project and grants Reed a scholarship to do more work in this area. This is where there is sort of a gap in the movie. Reed was given the scholarship, met Victor, another “teleporting expert”, as well as the son and adopted daughter of Dr. Storm -- however, Ben, his childhood partner is nowhere to be found while studies and the work were going on. Reed decides to invite Ben to go on this teleporting adventure with the rest of the group for the first time, even though he had not worked on and was not part of the project.

Without going into too much detail, problems occurred once the teleporting space craft reached the teleporting barren-like location. The area becomes hostile, the group flees back to the spacecraft; however, Victor is unable to take hold, falls and is left behind. After other events occur in the movie, the group decided to return to this location where they left Victor -- who unbeknownst to them until they all returned to the science lab -- that Victor is now a powerful villain, seemingly made out of the lead-like material that dominated his teleported habitat.

By this time, it is known the group of four who were teleported -- now have super powers, such as the Torch who can turn into fire on a whim, Reed who has long stretcheable limbs and powerful Ben, who is now the thing made out of rocks. The female character has, in my opinion, much lesser powers which include being able to appear and disappear.

Of course, the Fantastic Four characters are not real by any stretch of the imagination; however, I think there should have been a depiction of how each of these characters individually received their powers -- which is another gap in the movie.

Fantastic Four 2015 Strong Points

In my opinion, there was an effort to have the audience learn more about the personalities, characterizations and relationships between the characters instead of concentrating on having a movie with characters simply demonstrating their superpowers. In fact, I would say the first two thirds of the movie dealt with the interpersonal relationships between the characters rather than showing them simply as super heroes.

I mentioned earlier the movie did not start off with a lot of action scenes, but the movie, in my opinion, redeemed itself by having its share of explosions and action scenes toward the middle and end of the movie.

Fantastic Four 2015 Assessment

Given the lack of a strong action-pack opening as well as the gaps discussed above, you may wonder did I rate Fantastic Four 2015, high, low or somewhere in between. The short answer is even though I am not rating this movie relatively high, I enjoyed watching the movie.

The long answer is it is unfortunate, in my opinion, the movie did not get the high level of promotion that other similar type Marvel movies received. Even though I saw this movie on a Saturday, which I consider one of the preferred days to see a movie, the theater I went to was not as packed as I expected. Of course this could differ from the movie attendance in your area. The group who watched the movie, myself included, gave it a small splattering of applause when it ended. This applause could, of course, have been because there was a humorous element during the last part of the movie dealing with the naming of the superheroes, rather than indicative of how the complete movie was assessed.

Fantastic Four 2015 Rating

In my opinion, Fantastic Four 2015 was not quite of the same calibre of a Spiderman or an Avengers movie, but it came in as a strong contender, mainly because at the end of the day, at least you knew how the characters in the movie came about and evolved. If you viewed Fantastic Four in a positive light by giving the movie a thumbs up instead of a thumbs down -- similar to me -- you may decide to see the sequel, should there ever be one.

Using a five star rating scale, with one star being the lowest, and five stars being the highest, I rate Fantastic Four 2015 three stars.

Lights, Action, Camera! -- RealMsH

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Fantastic Four 2015: A Movie Review 3 years 4 months ago #399729

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 16
will there be an Ant Man review, too?

Fantastic Four 2015: A Movie Review 3 years 4 months ago #399730

• RealMsH
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 5
Thanks for your question! Yes, there will be an Ant Man review too.