Forum

TOPIC: Running Man

Running Man 6 years 9 months ago #397855

Holy crap...

I'm just gonna start by saying that I went through the trouble of creating a profile JUST so that I can shout out DerrickH for mentioning this show...

I've seen a few now, and I STILL can't accurately explain exactly what it is (unless you count "AWESOME"), but I like it for reasons I didn't even know that I would. Most of them are Korean celebs (HaHa reminds me of Chiba from 'Beck: Mongolian Chop Squad'), and overall, the show reminds me of a real life 'Gantz' (minus all the gory death, of course). It's so weird and random, and there are only 'base rules'...no DQ's for 'interpreting'...meaning it gets VERY competetive for almost no reason at all. Also, the way it's edited makes it SUPER dramatic (again for no reason). Whoever handles the soundboard has spot on 'Blind Date' timing, and the musical snippets they use are outstanding. There was an actual tear in my eye during the 'high dive' (ep. 3). I don't even HAVE feelings. Good stuff.

*Unrelated side note: Youtube is awesome.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Running Man 6 years 9 months ago #397862

• LaaL
I'm so excited to start watching this! Glad to hear Derrick's hype is warranted.

Running Man 6 years 9 months ago #397888

So much deceit. So many alliances. So many backstabbings. So little shame. So many consequences. So competetive. Sooooooo good. No matter what it takes, win. The spirit of childhood is alive in Running Man. It's totally fair if everyone cheats.

(I'm up to Ep. 29...of what I can find)

*Unrelated Side Note: I wonder how much K-Pop is on DailyMotion...

Running Man 6 years 8 months ago #397944

I don't mean to keep bumping this thread, but I just found out that the guy in the yellow suit having a danceoff with PSY in the Gagnam Style video is Yoo Jae Suk (Yooruce Willis)...the main MC of Running Man. I kinda felt obligated to share that for some reason. Oh yeah, now it has a 'Real World/Road Rules Challenge'...when it was GOOD vibe. Way to license great music (or however you got it) RM.

***Unrelated Side Note: They really should start a
runningmanclub.
Dot Blogspot.
Dot com.

Running Man 6 years 7 months ago #398005

• DerrickH
Song Ji Hyo is a big reason Running Man is great. The Monday Couple stuff with Gary is always hilarious.

Jaesuk and Haha also have a cameo in the new Psy 'Gentleman' video.

D

Running Man 6 years 4 months ago #398519

• DerrickH
Running Man as the Avengers = awesomeness