Forum

TOPIC: Zero Dark Thirty

Zero Dark Thirty 7 years 1 month ago #397644

• RealMsH
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 5
Hi Everybody!

If you would like to see how a terrorist who was "in hiding" for years, finally got found, captured and destroyed, Zero Dark Thirty is a must-see movie. I've seen other movies about this topic, including documentaries; however, this movie did not disappoint. As a qualifier, the documentaries I have seen on this topic were well done.

There have been remarks about the starsk details of some of the scenes in the beginning of the movie, and I must admit, some parts were difficult to watch. Dramatic methods were shown of how information was forced from enemies.

However, the methods of getting information from enemies changed after the President announced that the former methods under the previous administration would no longer be used. The movie showed a television stream with the President making this announcement. Afterwards, other methods to obtain information from enemies were shown, such as providing rewards, etc.

The missing part of the movie, in my opinion, was a picture of the President and his staff in the Situation Room while the mission was being carried out. Also missing from this movie, in my opinion, was the active and intense training the Navy Seals went through to accomplish this heroic, dangerous mission.

The movie is told as a story, instead of a documentary. The highlight of the movie, in my opinion, was seeing the courageous Navy Seals in action.

The actress who played the role of the Analyst who studied this case for over twelve years received a Golden Globe award in 2013 for portraying the real-life person who made major inroads in this case.

Another remark about this movie was that it was a long one. In my opinion, the length of the movie was adequate, given the stretch of time that was covered.

If you have not seen this movie, you may want to give it a try.

Zero Dark Thirty is rated R -- so you must be over 17 years old to see it.

Lights, Camera, Action! -- RealMsH

The administrator has disabled public write access.