Forum

TOPIC: Todays Cartoons Reminding me of Old??

Todays Cartoons Reminding me of Old?? 7 years 7 months ago #396905

• True
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 8
I've been steadily noticing that some of today's newer cartoons are starting to give me those feelings of how I felt about watching my favorite cartoons back in the day.Here's a list of cartoons that I think that kids (who grow up) in years to come will looks back and say "That Cartoon was awesome when I was younger!"Transformers PrimeYoung JusticeThunderCatsBen10 UltimateGreen LanternSW The Clone WarsThe AvengersX-men (G4 show)The Legend of KorraBatman: The Brave and The Bold (Hey I really like this cooky show, lol)and the just released Tron cartoon looks like it's be good:Tron: Uprising Also the new Spidey cartoon that will be released some time this year. The Cartoon network seems to be bringing Saturday Mornings back a little with the DC cartoon block.
"Leave Luck to Heaven"- Nintendo
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Todays Cartoons Reminding me of Old?? 7 years 7 months ago #396909

• True
  • Stage A - 1
Hmm, seems I have missed the start of Ultimate Spider-Man. The series started on April 1st and is up to episode 4. Noticed this on the video section of the Playstation store.

Todays Cartoons Reminding me of Old?? 7 years 7 months ago #396910

• shiroren8
True;396909 wrote:
Hmm, seems I have missed the start of Ultimate Spider-Man. The series started on April 1st and is up to episode 4. Noticed this on the video section of the Playstation store.
I've seen the first two episodes of it so far an its not bad at all very light hearted and more slap stick with how they are portraying Peter Parker but its not a bad thing. Fantastic Forum did a review of the first episode in there last podcast also so you can get some others opinion of it. An I have to agree with you cartoon like The Last Airbender and Thundercats showed me animation today can be as good as what i grew up with in the 80's. An I'm looking forward to seeing what The Legend of Korra is going to bring to the table an the Tron series.

Todays Cartoons Reminding me of Old?? 7 years 7 months ago #396911

• JoEDigiTECH
  • Thank you received: 4
I think the best Spider-Man animated run was in the 90s, except for when they rendering some of the city scenes in 3D of course. Great writing, solid animation and cool crossovers. I've been watching a lot of Spider Man cartoons on Netflix (they have a shit ton on there) with my son who is crazy into Spider-Man.

Todays Cartoons Reminding me of Old?? 7 years 7 months ago #396914

• True
  • Stage A - 1
JoEDigiTECH;396911 wrote:
I think the best Spider-Man animated run was in the 90s, except for when they rendering some of the city scenes in 3D of course. Great writing, solid animation and cool crossovers. I've been watching a lot of Spider Man cartoons on Netflix (they have a shit ton on there) with my son who is crazy into Spider-Man.
My favorite Spidey cartoon is probably the Spectacular Spider-Man series, though I really liked the 90's one also. This newer Spidey is very slapstick (reminds me of the 80's/90's TMNT's cartoon) but I like it, and I like that they have more characters than just Spidey, sort of like Young Justice and Batman: The Brave and The Bold.

Todays Cartoons Reminding me of Old?? 7 years 7 months ago #396915

I love all the new talent coming out of traditional cartoons. Regular Show is hit or miss (mostly hit for me), but shows like Adventure Time show that quality, innovative cartoons can still be done as well as they were in the mid/early 90's.
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e20/kareeji/arrowheadsig.jpg?t=1268771428
Twitter: hifibryYoutube: kareeji

Todays Cartoons Reminding me of Old?? 7 years 7 months ago #396919

• True
  • Stage A - 1
Violence in HD;396915 wrote:
I love all the new talent coming out of traditional cartoons. Regular Show is hit or miss (mostly hit for me), but shows like Adventure Time show that quality, innovative cartoons can still be done as well as they were in the mid/early 90's.
Yeah my niece got me into both of those shows. I keep up with Archer & The Life and Times of Tim but those are adult toons.

The Disney XD Preview Of Tron: Uprising 7 years 6 months ago #397022

• True
  • Stage A - 1
The first episode off Disney XD's TRON: Uprising cartoon is posted. A nice style they have, sort of like the latest movie, not bad at all.[youtube]hjbwVzJR8w4[/youtube]THE SERIES PREMIERES THURSDAY JUNE, 7TH AT 9/8C -- ON DISNEY XD.

Todays Cartoons Reminding me of Old?? 7 years 6 months ago #397030

• shiroren8
That was better than i thought it was going to be I must admit. I'm looking forward to seeing more episodes of it now. Thanks for the post.

Todays Cartoons Reminding me of Old?? 7 years 6 months ago #397035

• Mayor Young
  • Administrator
Love the discussion happening here folks. Feels good to hear people discuss animation as a genre and noting how it has evolved for better or worse. Warms my heart to read the post where parents and children are watching some of these shows together. :-)Gotta say the Ultimate Spider Man cartoon has grown on me. Though these rumors that they won't be renewing Avengers EMH in light of giving us a show that fits in with the tone of Ultimate Spider Man bothers me some. I get it from a business perspective but as a fan I really enjoy that Avengers cartoon.\Really liked the Tron joint as well. I'll be tuning in to that week in and week out. What are you guys thinking of Legend of Korra? I talked to VonB and Jei about it and they gave it a lukewarm reception.