Forum

TOPIC: Scott Pilgrim vs The World

Scott Pilgrim vs The World 9 years 6 months ago #392242

• TigerClaw
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 3
Just got back from seeing it, I enjoyed it. Its the best video game movie not based on a video game.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Scott Pilgrim vs The World 9 years 6 months ago #392245

• alexsan
  • Stage A - 1
-Beck-;392238 wrote:
Not really...There were some definite major flaws, especially when it comes to plot. Namely, there isn't one outside of Scott fighting for Ramona. Everything goes by so quickly that none of the supporting characters get any screen time. They made Stills look like a whiny wuss because the only time he got was when Sex Bob-omb was performing (or just before). There was hardly a mention of Scott and Kim's past, present, or future. The was a huge build up for Envy, and then she just came across as a bitch because there was no bother for explaining why. All of Roxy's one-liners were ham-fisted and forced. Gideon calling Knives "Kung Pow Chicken." Honestly?They took the basic element of the books and squished it down to 90 minutes of quick-cuts and special effects. While the movie itself isn't as mindless as Pilgrim himself, it comes DAMN close.The one thing that deserves to be praised is the soundtrack, which is phenomenal, but you know why I'm saying that. :p
They were able to get a lot of stuff into those 2 hours. There was no way they could have developed the characters like the way the comic did, the comic was six volumes long. Overall I really enjoyed it. I was very pleased/surprised they were able to get so much in there from the comics, while adding some of their own twists that fit into the universe. I saw it with a great mix of people, some had read the comics and some had never heard of it until last week and they all really enjoyed it.
XBL: Neezie1990PSN: sillycoreSteam: Neezie3DS: 3737-9522-5541

Scott Pilgrim vs The World 9 years 6 months ago #392246

• Feelgood
  • Stage A - 1
Fuckin outstanding! K O!

Scott Pilgrim vs The World 9 years 5 months ago #392336

• True
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 8
Just seen it recently and really liked it! A Lot of River City Ransom type/No More Heroes stuff going on, lol. The music was really good.
"Leave Luck to Heaven"- Nintendo

Scott Pilgrim vs The World 9 years 5 months ago #392345

• BBboy20
  • Stage A - 1
True;392336 wrote:
Just seen it recently and really liked it! A Lot of River City Ransom type/No More Heroes stuff going on, lol. The music was really good.
It felt like it was made for us.This dude bought 6 tickets 4 days ago; the guy's a hero!
Signature

Scott Pilgrim vs The World 9 years 5 months ago #392346

• TigerClaw
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 3
Yeah, The movie was definitely made for us.

Scott Pilgrim vs The World 9 years 5 months ago #392372

• BBboy20
  • Stage A - 1
http://www.edgarwrighthere.com/It has a current stream of links of recent interviews that you should watch and listen to if you want to understand the development of the film better.
Signature

Scott Pilgrim vs The World 9 years 5 months ago #392375

• Token White Guy
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 1
I liked the movie but I have a major gripe.Am I the only one who doesn't like Michael Cera? We get it! We know you're supposed to represent us, the common new age young adult. But do who have to play the same quirky character in every one of your movies, you one sided douche?

Scott Pilgrim vs The World 9 years 5 months ago #392376

• Burr
  • Thank you received: 6
Token White Guy;392375 wrote:
I liked the movie but I have a major gripe.Am I the only one who doesn't like Michael Cera? We get it! We know you're supposed to represent us, the common new age young adult. But do who have to play the same quirky character in every one of your movies, you one sided douche?
Exactly. I was instantly turned off the moment I saw him in the trailer. Now that people are talking about it though, I may give it a chance. But I have a feeling this is way kept many away from the box office early on, because most people like me probably though "oh no, another Michael Cera movie.."
Co-host of Cat & Fox on AllGames.com!

Scott Pilgrim vs The World 9 years 5 months ago #392380

• Decipher
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 1
Yeah, I don't mind him but my opinion of him is slowly declining and will probably plummet if this trend of him playing the same damned character over and over doesn't end. Canadian or not, he's starting to annoy me.