Forum

TOPIC: Conan Won't Do Tonight Show After Leno

Conan Won't Do Tonight Show After Leno 9 years 7 months ago #386012

• alexsan
  • Stage A - 1
I remember when the Jay Leno show was first about to go on air and the affiliates complained and said that this was going to happen, and they almost didn't put the show on because of it. Now look what happened.
XBL: Neezie1990PSN: sillycoreSteam: Neezie3DS: 3737-9522-5541
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Conan Won't Do Tonight Show After Leno 9 years 7 months ago #386014

• Flavius
  • Stage A - 1
Yeah, nothing's changed for me. I have no idea how anyone finds Leno at all humorous, let alone entertaining. Conan, on the other hand, is fucking awesome. For any other old-timers who watched Letterman back in the day, you know Conan owes a fuckton to Dave, and not just the inherited time-slot. Conan is Dave circa 1989, and Dave is still great, but not at all the Dave he used to be.Good for him. He'll do very well at Fox. Hey, maybe he can start writing some Simpsons episodes again!

Conan Won't Do Tonight Show After Leno 9 years 7 months ago #386015

• BBboy20
  • Stage A - 1
Flavius;386014 wrote:
For any other old-timers who watched Letterman back in the day, you know Conan owes a fuckton to Dave, and not just the inherited time-slot.
I think Conan is aware of this.
Good for him. He'll do very well at Fox. Hey, maybe he can start writing some Simpsons episodes again!
..did the solar system just like self-aligned itself or something?
Signature

Conan Won't Do Tonight Show After Leno 9 years 7 months ago #386024

• DeadMan
  • Stage A - 1
They could put Leno on after Conan... but that would fuck over Fallon, who is my favorite (I know I am probably alone there), so put Leno after Fallon :)On a side note, I hope Southland did amazing tonight on TNT... just to give NBC another fuck you.
[Gamercard]Deadmanerz[/Gamercard] Origin and Battlelog: ColCake

Conan Won't Do Tonight Show After Leno 9 years 7 months ago #386134

• Decipher
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 1
DeadMan;386024 wrote:
They could put Leno on after Conan... but that would fuck over Fallon, who is my favorite (I know I am probably alone there)
No, you're not alone. I've been enjoying Fallon's show more than Conan's lately. Especially every Friday with his thank you notes.

Conan Won't Do Tonight Show After Leno 9 years 7 months ago #386152

• -Beck-
  • Stage A - 1
I'll be going to the Conan rally in L.A. on Monday. Excited!

Conan Won't Do Tonight Show After Leno 9 years 7 months ago #386154

• DeadMan
  • Stage A - 1
Decipher;386134 wrote:
No, you're not alone. I've been enjoying Fallon's show more than Conan's lately. Especially every Friday with his thank you notes.
Yay!!!Last weeks thank you segment was classic.
[Gamercard]Deadmanerz[/Gamercard] Origin and Battlelog: ColCake

Conan Won't Do Tonight Show After Leno 9 years 7 months ago #386156

• Token White Guy
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 1
Why has this situation turned into Jay vs Conan? It's not Jay's fault nor is it Conan's. It is the fault of the suits for screwing both of them over and their contracts.

Conan Won't Do Tonight Show After Leno 9 years 7 months ago #386157

• Nut_Man
  • Stage A - 1
Token White Guy;386156 wrote:
Why has this situation turned into Jay vs Conan? It's not Jay's fault nor is it Conan's. It is the fault of the suits for screwing both of them over and their contracts.
I felt that way before I really thought about this whole situation. See, Conan doesn't want ruin Fallon's chances on Late Night so he doesn't want the Tonight Show pushed back to 12:05 AM(that, and pushing it back is retarded).The fact is, Leno could end all this by saying, "you know what guys. This is totally unfair to Conan. I did the Tonight Show already, and I'm done.". That's all he would have to do to end this shit.Unless, of course, there's something else we don't know about that actually does make Leno's hands tied. But I doubt it.

Conan Won't Do Tonight Show After Leno 9 years 7 months ago #386160

• Nut_Man
  • Stage A - 1
It's over.Just to be clear, TMZ has been reporting on this since the beginning have been proven right when NBC makes their announcements. It'll be depressing to see him without 'The Tonight Show' but hopefully he'll end up somewhere else. Everybody is saying Fox, so maybe. I'm not convinced that they'll actually let him build an audience either, though, since they would be somewhat new to the late night talk show game.