Forum

TOPIC: Avatar - Viewed & Reviewed

Avatar - Viewed & Reviewed 9 years 11 months ago #384916

I have just got back from the movie event of the decade, Cameron just snuck it in before the (somewhat debated) cut off point. This was my first time going to see a movie in the new 3D, and I could not have picked a better one.While the story is nothing particularly new , everything else is. Nothing you have seen before, compares to the visual feast set before you in this film. The 3D effects are handled with such style & panache that they truly feel like the only way to experience this story. They never feel cheesy, even on the few occasions where they are not exactly subtle or organic. The "Smurfs" while not working for me in the trailers, truly shine in the full 3D release. After a brief period of time with them, you will wish (almost) every human on Pandora a painful death.The underlying themes are not very underlying, but they should work well enough unless you already are "The Man". The length will probably be an issue for some & may discourage repeated viewing, but I for one did not wish the ride to end.As a film its 3/5, as a 3D landmark in movies its 5/5.This is a MUST SEE IN 3D, not so much in 2D.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Avatar - Viewed & Reviewed 9 years 11 months ago #384918

• Burr
  • Thank you received: 6
I'm glad this is getting great reviews as a visual spectacle at least. I'm planning to see this in IMAX 3D next week.
Co-host of Cat & Fox on AllGames.com!

Avatar - Viewed & Reviewed 9 years 11 months ago #384925

• Octocamo
  • Stage A - 1
Saw it in 3D and it was awesome. 3D was way better than I expected. Some scenes didn't seem 3D but others were fucking sweet. Length was alright, but it seems like it could be longer to explain a lot more stuff. Extended blu-ray release? Definitely worth the price at the box office.
PSN: solisnkXBL: OctocamoSteam: OctocamoOrigin + Battlelog: Octocamo

Avatar - Viewed & Reviewed 9 years 11 months ago #384958

• True
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 8
Wow, I was on teh fence about going to see it but since like every review I've heard seems positive, I may go see it today since me and a good cousin are gonna be out shopping today for the holiday. Sooo, could we see a Halo movie using these types of new technical techniques they used in this movie?
"Leave Luck to Heaven"- Nintendo

Avatar - Viewed & Reviewed 9 years 11 months ago #384972

• agn
  • Administrator
Truly a spectacular visual feast. He has an incredible imagination and I think he's created a modern day Star Wars type universe that will be around for some time. I had so much fun watching this movie that and it had a great mix of laughs, sadness, and action. It felt like a ride at some points and I just wonder what the future holds for this franchise. Best movie I've seen in a long time.
[gamercard]agn[/gamercard]Join the allgames community

Avatar - Viewed & Reviewed 9 years 11 months ago #384977

• Burr
  • Thank you received: 6
Wow.. there's a possibility of sequels?I would think they would have to be done a LOT cheaper, though.
Co-host of Cat & Fox on AllGames.com!

Avatar - Viewed & Reviewed 9 years 11 months ago #384990

• True
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 8
Movie was Frockin' Awesome! Just got in from seeing it with a few peeps and the crowd in the theater really was into it. Had the black guy that talked to the screen (no not me :p) and made everyone laugh at some parts (When the hero guy in the Avatar got the big red/orange flying animal he was like "Oh hell yeah! he finna kick their asses now!", lol.Man I think I love this movie, the visuals O-M-G! Shit looked real at one point, story was engaging, had some love and sad parts, Action was good, length was just right but left me wanting more, ended WELL! James is a Movie making GOD!Burr, James was on Jimmy Kimmel last night and said that if this movie made a lot of money and was successful that he has a sequel in mind and it would cost way less to make since the technology and assets are already there. So a Sequel is very possible. The love story reminded me of John Smith and Pocahontas.
"Leave Luck to Heaven"- Nintendo

Avatar - Viewed & Reviewed 9 years 11 months ago #385088

• Phobos
  • Level 3
Let's launch the most expensive movie production in history whilst simultaneously launching a video game and fast food toy campaign about the errors of destroying the planet's natural resources.Aside from that, the movie was awesome.
Just your friendly neighborhood Phobos!

Avatar - Viewed & Reviewed 9 years 11 months ago #385090

• -Beck-
  • Stage A - 1
Pass.

Avatar - Viewed & Reviewed 9 years 11 months ago #385104

• arefx
  • Stage A - 1
I'm really on the fence about this... the trailers just made it look terrible, and I dont want to spend the money to see it in 3d.
EvilWall wrote:
One of my best friends always tells me, "If you want a girl to stay with you, you have to eat her ass".
The Matrix;288931 wrote:
fuckin\' brit teeth eating sno-shit, jesus man
This post posted via rooted and overclocked droid x running at 1,345Mhz undervolted with LIBERTY 1.5 and adw.launcher ex through xscope pro