Forum

TOPIC: Nightmare on Elm Street, Remake

Nightmare on Elm Street, Remake 9 years 10 months ago #379973

• Lord Moon
  • Stage A - 1
I am a HUGE fan on the Nightmare series, HUGE. I am disappointed in what I've seen so far.Nightmare on Elm Street remake trailerI'm seeing shots in that trailer that can be matched up perfectly with shots from the original movie.original Nightmare on Elm Street trailerIf you are gonna remake, bring some freshness, not same old, same old.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Nightmare on Elm Street, Remake 9 years 10 months ago #380749

• alexsan
  • Stage A - 1
Is it done by the same people who did the Friday the 13th remake? If so then this is a must see, the remake was the funniest thing I have seen in a while.
XBL: Neezie1990PSN: sillycoreSteam: Neezie3DS: 3737-9522-5541

Nightmare on Elm Street, Remake 9 years 10 months ago #380750

Seriously, why do they keep remaking these slasher 80s flicks? They were barely scary then, they're just punchlines now.
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e20/kareeji/arrowheadsig.jpg?t=1268771428
Twitter: hifibryYoutube: kareeji

Nightmare on Elm Street, Remake 9 years 10 months ago #380779

The only good thing I have noticed so far is Mr. Haley as Mr. Krueger. I thought that was a very good fit.Otherwise, with the tiny glimpse of the mask, I was incredibly disappointed. There is just something that tells me that this movie will not come anywhere close to recapturing whatever the original had.
[gamercard]MisterMasterFu[/gamercard][psnid]MisterDrunkenFu[/psnid]

Nightmare on Elm Street, Remake 9 years 10 months ago #380797

• True
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 8
Violence in HD;380750 wrote:
Seriously, why do they keep remaking these slasher 80s flicks? They were barely scary then, they're just punchlines now.
Pretty much, but how many more are left for them to do? Seems like they've done this all just about.
"Leave Luck to Heaven"- Nintendo

Nightmare on Elm Street, Remake 9 years 10 months ago #380808

• Decipher
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 1
The new "mask" looks more like what it's supposed to be: disfigurement and scarring from horrible burns. Also, the plot seems incredibly stupid. If it's a bunch of adults that appear to be from a small town or something that caused his disfigurement, why is he going after suburban teenagers? Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. I'll never understand the fascination with retarded horror movies.

Nightmare on Elm Street, Remake 9 years 10 months ago #380812

Decipher;380808 wrote:
The new "mask" looks more like what it's supposed to be: disfigurement and scarring from horrible burns. Also, the plot seems incredibly stupid. If it's a bunch of adults that appear to be from a small town or something that caused his disfigurement, why is he going after suburban teenagers? Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. I'll never understand the fascination with retarded horror movies.
Well, wasn't it, in the original, that he was going after the kids as revenge against the parents? Either that or he couldn't stop with his pedo-ways.
[gamercard]MisterMasterFu[/gamercard][psnid]MisterDrunkenFu[/psnid]

Nightmare on Elm Street, Remake 9 years 10 months ago #380921

DrunkenMasterFu;380812 wrote:
Well, wasn't it, in the original, that he was going after the kids as revenge against the parents? Either that or he couldn't stop with his pedo-ways.
From what i remember... He was a child killer that got off on a technicality... The parents tracked him down and burned him alive... He vowed revenge and that he would haunt all their child's dreams long after he's dead...
"Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and fuck the prom Queen"- Sean Connery*The Official Token OLR and USL Hebrew*

Nightmare on Elm Street, Remake 9 years 10 months ago #380975

• Decipher
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 1
Interesting. I've never seen the original (nor do I really care to, frankly). Thanks for the insight.

The (new) face of Freddy Krueger 9 years 4 months ago #389066

• True
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 8
I'm on board for seeing this at the midnight showing in less than a month. New Freddy can be seen HERE
"Leave Luck to Heaven"- Nintendo