Forum

TOPIC: The Last Airbender

The Last Airbender 9 years 3 months ago #391431

• TigerClaw
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 3
Looks like the fans hate The Last Airbender.[youtube]SNl3j3Snkbs[/youtube]
The administrator has disabled public write access.

The Last Airbender 9 years 3 months ago #391433

• True
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 8
Just seen the movie and I highly recommend it to fans, summer movie lovers and martial arts wannabe's. From what I know, it's pretty close to the cartoon show and i hope this isn't a spoiler but
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
and I like that they are doing it like that, it's the way the show tells the story (ies). It enjoyed it and can't wait to see more. M. Night really needed this one because his last few movies have been below par, oh and I seen his cameo right off! lol, think I was the only geek in the theater to do so but I made sure everyone notice I pointed and yelled "ha! I see you M. Night!!" lol.I'll also admit that I seen Twilight Saga: Eclipse at the midnight showing (hehe). Hey I like seeing movies with big crowds like that every once in a while. I'll say that it is the best one out of the three movies so far.Edit:Wow, after watching that video TigerClaw posted, I must wasn't paying attention through the cartoon series much. I don't see what was so bad about this movie...okay they changed the Avatars name....
"Leave Luck to Heaven"- Nintendo

The Last Airbender 9 years 3 months ago #391457

The creators of the show won't sign anything movie related. Tells you how they feel about it.
Land Of The Free, Indeed.

The Last Airbender 9 years 3 months ago #391458

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e20/kareeji/arrowheadsig.jpg?t=1268771428
Twitter: hifibryYoutube: kareeji

The Last Airbender 9 years 3 months ago #391460

I have never watched the show but have had this strange curious interest in it. I think, coming from the outside of Avatar fandom, I never actually thought the trailers looked that great for Last Airbender. At this point, I think most people know that its a big mess... the only thing I'm curious of is if it rivals Dragon Ball: Evolution mess... that would be saying something.
[gamercard]MisterMasterFu[/gamercard][psnid]MisterDrunkenFu[/psnid]

The Last Airbender 9 years 3 months ago #391464

• True
  • Stage A - 1
DrunkenMasterFu;391460 wrote:
I have never watched the show but have had this strange curious interest in it. I think, coming from the outside of Avatar fandom, I never actually thought the trailers looked that great for Last Airbender. At this point, I think most people know that its a big mess... the only thing I'm curious of is if it rivals Dragon Ball: Evolution mess... that would be saying something.
Dragon Ball was horrible, to me this movie isn't even close to being like that.

The Last Airbender 9 years 3 months ago #391474

• EvilWall
  • Stage A - 1
This movie sucked. Every single character was out of character.
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

The Last Airbender 9 years 3 months ago #391487

True;391464 wrote:
Dragon Ball was horrible, to me this movie isn't even close to being like that.
IMO this film is far worst than Dragon Ball Evolution. Yes Evolution is a bad campy movie, but atleast it can be fun to watch it with friends in the same vain of Super Mario Bros., Double Dragon, or Street Fighter (1994) are fun to watch. On the other hand, The Last Airbender bar was set way higher. This was suppose to be a serious adaptation of the tale of the hero who has literally with a thousand faces, but ended up being a poorly written, poorly acted (through Dev Patel made a great Zuko), and overall poorly paced film. Its sooo bad that it has to makes you wonder is it possible that M. Night Shyamalan took big a enough shit on the source material for the Last Airbender that Micheal Bay's Transformers smell like the nectar of the gods in comparision?My biggest complaint (well beside the dialogue) was in this version of avatar universe avatars are not allowed to have families? Ok who forgot to tell Mr. Shyamalan...
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
http://twitter.com/AmazedSatsumaRandom thoughts from a random man

The Last Airbender 9 years 3 months ago #391488

• True
  • Stage A - 1
Guess I was too much of a casual watcher of the series to notice the badness of this movie compared to it.

The Last Airbender 9 years 3 months ago #391561

• BBboy20
  • Stage A - 1
[youtube]UfDk3I6di5E[/youtube]Too perfect.
Signature