Forum

TOPIC: Mutant Chronicles On XBL: A New Trend?

Mutant Chronicles On XBL: A New Trend? 10 years 6 months ago #364570

I noticed that Mutant Chronicles is being released on XBL before it hits theaters this summer or DVD/Blue Ray. Seeing the source material is a pen and paper RPG and the film almost looks like a videogame; it's a natural fit for the gamer demographic. Microsoft doesn't seem to be making a big deal about premiering a movie on it's service. I guess they want to see how things play out first. If it does do well, I wonder if we'll see more pre-boxoffice releases from Microsoft and Sony?Here is the link to the trailer:http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/videos/media/de755cd9-9994-4945-b4de-ba169dcb4b3c/
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Mutant Chronicles On XBL: A New Trend? 10 years 6 months ago #364794

• Lnin0
  • Stage B - 3
This movie has been out for a year on bit torrent and if you look at IMDB all the reviews are from 2008. Looked it up on Wiki and it sounds like it released in EU on video on demand before theaters...which is odd but probably due to the fact it is not a good movie. I would say this movie is an anomaly. VOD will not supersede theatrical releases anytime soon...at least not until they figure out how to charge for everyone sitting in your living room.
Mutant Chronicles is an independent sci-fi action film directed by Simon Hunter and starring Thomas Jane and Ron Perlman. The film was released throughout Europe[1] in an unfinished form. The film premiered on VOD on March 27, 2009, with a theatrical release set for select cities on April 24, 2009.[2]

Mutant Chronicles On XBL: A New Trend? 10 years 6 months ago #364797

• Nut_Man
  • Stage A - 1
According to XBL(and wiki) it premiered on VOD in March 2009.

Mutant Chronicles On XBL: A New Trend? 10 years 6 months ago #364800

• Duraly
  • Level 10
Lnin0;364794 wrote:
This movie has been out for a year on bit torrent and if you look at IMDB all the reviews are from 2008. Looked it up on Wiki and it sounds like it released in EU on video on demand before theaters...which is odd but probably due to the fact it is not a good movie. I would say this movie is an anomaly. VOD will not supersede theatrical releases anytime soon...at least not until they figure out how to charge for everyone sitting in your living room.
It's a decent movie (for free, I wouldn't pay for it) with an ok story and awesome visuals.
[psnid]Duraly[/psnid]