Forum

• Page:

TOPIC: Fox to remove Special Features from rental DVDs

Fox to remove Special Features from rental DVDs 10 years 8 months ago #362606

• TigerClaw
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 3
Token White Guy;362605 wrote:
Blockbuster has been doing this for a while. They never add disc two.
There are DVDs that have the special features on 1 disc, Think stuff like audio comentaries, BTS footage and trailers.I think what there DVD rentals will most likely be, Is just the movie itself with the chapter menu, and surround sound audio tracks. Minus the BTS footage and audio commentaries which would be considered as special features.Keep in mind, This is just Fox planning this, The other studios aren't doing this.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Fox to remove Special Features from rental DVDs 10 years 8 months ago #362607

• arefx
  • Stage A - 1
Yeah the only time we don't add disc 2 is when is only special features and the studio tells us not to include it, other wise we put it out with the special feature disc. We also have to do destroys every month where we just shred dvds because the studio tells us to. Think about it why would we (blockbuster) purposely leave out a special feature disc to get you to buy the movie when we are primarily a rental store, our main focus is getting people in to rent movies, and for them to be repeat customers. We wan't that special feature disc in there too.
EvilWall wrote:
One of my best friends always tells me, "If you want a girl to stay with you, you have to eat her ass".
The Matrix;288931 wrote:
fuckin\' brit teeth eating sno-shit, jesus man
This post posted via rooted and overclocked droid x running at 1,345Mhz undervolted with LIBERTY 1.5 and adw.launcher ex through xscope pro

Fox to remove Special Features from rental DVDs 10 years 8 months ago #362624

• Blackwolf
  • Stage A - 1
That sucks - I always liked the making of featurettes. I never listened to the commentaries, but I would watch a few of the featurettes.
"Blackwolf tends to offend the same people all the time, he\'s got such a pattern it\'s almost funny. The whole spammer/think I\'m smart/argueing for arguement\'s sake clan tends to always end up at odds with Blackwolf." -BamBam

Fox to remove Special Features from rental DVDs 10 years 8 months ago #362658

• Burr
  • Thank you received: 6
All this does is make digital on demand (whether by cable/sat or XBL/PSN) even more equivalent to renting the physical copy. Seems like it's more trouble than it's worth to press two entirely different runs of a DVD instead of just one. I dunno..
Co-host of Cat & Fox on AllGames.com!

Fox to remove Special Features from rental DVDs 10 years 8 months ago #362693

• Decipher
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 1
I for one am a little disappointed, but admittedly I only watch the special features of movies I really like. If I'm renting it then clearly I don't like it enough for special features anyway. If I find I do like it, I generally buy it afterwards.The biggest thing I see here is, like Burr said: they're making there no reason to rent anymore. The only thing these versions of the movies will have over the downloaded versions (legal or not) is surround sound and possibly subtitles. Why pay $5 or whatever the hell the place charges just for that when most movies don't even need surround sound? (see: most comedies)

Fox to remove Special Features from rental DVDs 10 years 8 months ago #362717

• BCRenton
  • Level 4
I wonder what this will do to after market sales of videos?I.E. doesn't even Netflix periodically have DVD sales?Anyway, this will make buying former rental copies at least that much more unattractive.Then again, this could also be the death knell for hard copy rentals as I assume more and more folks will move to digital download rentals... as we know the gaming community seems to be happy with their netflix integration. Now if the prices were more like your local supermarket for regular and HD rentals... I would be much more apt to rent a movie through Xbox live, PSN or Apple.
[gamercard]BCRenton[/gamercard]
[IMG]
  • Page: