Forum

TOPIC: New Star Trek Trailer

New Star Trek Trailer 10 years 4 months ago #367671

• BBboy20
  • Stage A - 1
Anyways.........wow...like beyond-awesome-wow..
Signature
The administrator has disabled public write access.

New Star Trek Trailer 10 years 4 months ago #368248

Star Trek was delightful. I wanted to see some more Simon Pegg, but overall, the cast could not have been better.
After all, I am a doctor.

New Star Trek Trailer 10 years 3 months ago #368269

• Lnin0
  • Stage B - 3
Meh, it was ok. Pretty much what I expected. Could have done without all the 'old Spock' rip in space/time continuum bullshit. The story would have worked exactly the same without it. The cutting room floor should have also been home to the scene with young Kirk driving the old Corvette, listening to Beastie Boys and talking on his Nokia phone. What was the point of that? He's a rebel? Got that in the next scene so why not spend time expounding on why Kirk goes from 'townie Star Fleet Academy hater' to joining literally overnight? Spock was way too emotional as well. The dude should be like a robot for the most part. Yeah, I can understand this is a much younger Spock in very heavy hearted circumstances but he wore his emotions on his sleeve almost as much as Kirk. At least show me in this movie where he learns to shut all that off. I didn't see it because he got more emotional as the movie went on. Overall though the cast did a nice job of bringing those characters back to life, and in many cases, more to life than the originals. The movie did deliver on the action and pacing was pretty solid with only a few lulls. Nothing that people will remember for years to come but at least an entertaining Summer diversion. Finally, with all the shout outs they gave to the old series (my favorite being the 'red uniformed extra') why no "Kirk roll"?

New Star Trek Trailer 10 years 3 months ago #368673

• Decipher
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 1
I wonder how many references non-star trek fans picked up on.