Forum

TOPIC: New Star Trek Trailer

New Star Trek Trailer 10 years 9 months ago #362018

• TigerClaw
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 3
Check out the epic new Star Trek trailer, This will show up in front of Watchmen this weekend.Available in HD here.Youtube Version[youtube]wniVQjqjj1Q[/youtube]
The administrator has disabled public write access.

New Star Trek Trailer 10 years 9 months ago #362021

• pacmantab
  • Level 1
HAVE to see this one!

New Star Trek Trailer 10 years 9 months ago #362033

• EvilWall
  • Stage A - 1
I'm really hoping this isn't just a stinker with really pretty CGI.
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

New Star Trek Trailer 10 years 9 months ago #362193

this trailer is amazing , and I'm not even a star trek guy
[gamercard]Pendragoon99[/gamercard] [psnid]Pendragoon99[/psnid]

New Star Trek Trailer 10 years 9 months ago #362214

• Decipher
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 1
Pendragoon99;362193 wrote:
this trailer is amazing , and I'm not even a star trek guy
This is my problem with it. Even my brother, who doesn't really like Star Trek, likes the look of it. They've taken my nerdy guilty pleasure and turned it into mainstream drivel. The more I see of it, the more I'm thinking I'll wait for the DVD or maybe pass entirely.

New Star Trek Trailer 10 years 9 months ago #362220

• BBboy20
  • Stage A - 1
Decipher;362214 wrote:
They've taken my nerdy guilty pleasure and turned it into mainstream drivel.
...I have to admit though, even I had goosebumps.
Signature

New Star Trek Trailer 10 years 9 months ago #362262

Decipher;362214 wrote:
This is my problem with it. Even my brother, who doesn't really like Star Trek, likes the look of it. They've taken my nerdy guilty pleasure and turned it into mainstream drivel. The more I see of it, the more I'm thinking I'll wait for the DVD or maybe pass entirely.
Omg man , dont hate on it because it looks awesome! What does mainstream drivel mean exactly? I've seen the other Star Trek films and my pops always watched " The Next Generation " when i was kid and i liked it. I wouldn't consider myself a Trekkie , but i never had much against it either. What part of the trailer makes you think it won't hold true to the series? It would be a damn shame if the Trekkies didn't come out to support this movie just because the same group of guys who beat them up and picked on them in high school want to see it too ( thats not me , just giving an example ). Instead they should see it as a good thing that people finally see what they have been talking about all these years , lol!Go see it Decipher , you know you really want to. Judging by the trailer , it would be hard for this movie to fail........then again there was the Max Payne trailer that owned on multiple levels and turned out to be a steaming pile.........
[gamercard]Pendragoon99[/gamercard] [psnid]Pendragoon99[/psnid]

New Star Trek Trailer 10 years 9 months ago #362264

This movie looks so awesome.
"It's like they deep fried delicious goodness and squared it... into a triangle." (BloodShotRobot, PAX08 )
"[Optimus] Prime is like Jack Bauer without all the issues" (Redmond, AGI Episode 211)

New Star Trek Trailer 10 years 9 months ago #362279

• TigerClaw
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 3
For those out there wondering about the music in this trailer.Its not from the actual movie, The music is by a company called Two Steps from Hell.They specialize on music for movie trailers.http://www.twostepsfromhell.com

New Star Trek Trailer 10 years 9 months ago #362349

• Decipher
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 1
Pendragoon99;362262 wrote:
Omg man , dont hate on it because it looks awesome! ....other stuffGo see it Decipher , you know you really want to. Judging by the trailer , it would be hard for this movie to fail........then again there was the Max Payne trailer that owned on multiple levels and turned out to be a steaming pile.........
Well, props for at least liking TNG. I'll see it. Eventually. I just hate theatres so much right now that only Watchmen seemed worth it recently.TigerClaw;362279 wrote:
For those out there wondering about the music in this trailer.Its not from the actual movie, The music is by a company called Two Steps from Hell.They specialize on music for movie trailers.http://www.twostepsfromhell.com
Yeah, I kinda wondered there. It sounded nothing like Star Trek music traditionally does, and admittedly that's one of the things that worried me about it. The brass sections sounded a lot like the Dark Night music. Great stuff still - I love scores - but not at all Star Trek.