Forum

TOPIC: Land Of The Lost

Land Of The Lost 10 years 8 months ago #359035

• TigerClaw
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 3
Land Of The Lost, a popular kids TV Show from the 70s has been given the big budget movie treatment, It stars Will Farrel and of course you also have the Sleestaks.The Superbowl Spot for it has been released online, Check it out.http://www.firstshowing.net/2009/01/31/first-look-at-the-land-of-the-lost-super-bowl-tv-spot/
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Land Of The Lost 10 years 8 months ago #359136

• SageClaw
  • Stage B - 3
After watching the trailer, I would like to apologize to the allgames community for what I am about to do:****Turns and faces the general direction of Hollywood. Extends the double "one finger" salute.*****FUUUUUUUUUCCCKKKK YOOOOOOOUUUUUUU!!!!!!That is all.
"Well if I knew what I was talking about do you really think I would waste it on an Internet Forum?" SageClaw

Land Of The Lost 10 years 8 months ago #359139

I hope this is better than Lost in Space.
"It's like they deep fried delicious goodness and squared it... into a triangle." (BloodShotRobot, PAX08 )
"[Optimus] Prime is like Jack Bauer without all the issues" (Redmond, AGI Episode 211)

Land Of The Lost 10 years 8 months ago #359141

• Lord Moon
  • Stage A - 1
SageClaw;359136 wrote:
After watching the trailer, I would like to apologize to the allgames community for what I am about to do:****Turns and faces the general direction of Hollywood. Extends the double "one finger" salute.*****FUUUUUUUUUCCCKKKK YOOOOOOOUUUUUUU!!!!!!That is all.
As someone who has fond memories of my Saturday morning TV habits I completely agree. I really am not liking Hollywood's taking of shows that were never comedies and turning them into complete slapstick drivel.

Land Of The Lost 10 years 8 months ago #359218

• Burr
  • Thank you received: 6
I remember watching the 90's remake TV series when I was little. No idea if fans of the original hated that as well, but I found that trailer disappointing even in light of that.
Co-host of Cat & Fox on AllGames.com!

Land Of The Lost 10 years 8 months ago #359222

SageClaw;359136 wrote:
Yah bet me to it. That being said, Well said old chap, well said. Yet another childhood memory turned to crap. What's next. Hong Kong Fuey? Grape Ape? ElectraWoman and DynaGirl?
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin"The cost of failure is not that a saber-toothed tiger eats you... the cost of failure is nothing. The worst thing that will happen is that you will fail and no one will notice." - Seth Godin

Land Of The Lost 10 years 8 months ago #359223

• SageClaw
  • Stage B - 3
Lord Moon;359141 wrote:
As someone who has fond memories of my Saturday morning TV habits I completely agree. I really am not liking Hollywood's taking of shows that were never comedies and turning them into complete slapstick drivel.
Thank you for that Moon [EDIT and AT]... that pretty much states clearly what I was too angry to do earlier.Cripes, yet another chance for Hollywood to shit all over my childhood memories. Well not just mine.. but still.At the very least of it all... from the brief glimpse of Sleestaks I got from watching the trailer once, they seem to look like they are supposed to.... and that means action figures. I may never EVER watch this movie but I'll be damned if I will pass up the chance to buy as many of those as possible and just pretend they came from the 70's. : )
"Well if I knew what I was talking about do you really think I would waste it on an Internet Forum?" SageClaw

Land Of The Lost 10 years 6 months ago #363912

• Lord Moon
  • Stage A - 1
Any glimmer of hope that the trailer was just a fluke and that the movie would be a bit more faithful to the original TV show has now be completely raped and set fire to.Early screening reviews

Land Of The Lost 10 years 6 months ago #363953

A Chorus line spoof? *Sigh* And Hollywood's movement to dumbing down movies just to make a buck continues
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin"The cost of failure is not that a saber-toothed tiger eats you... the cost of failure is nothing. The worst thing that will happen is that you will fail and no one will notice." - Seth Godin