Forum

TOPIC: Religulous...

Religulous... 10 years 9 months ago #355802

• LowVoltag3
Wow what a load of garbage, cut and paste, bullshit of a film. I actually went into this thinking it's going to be some what of a documentary, but the whole thing is so badly edited together, you can tell that Maher was literally editing the peoples words to make them say something they didn't. Horrible film, not even entertaining.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Religulous... 10 years 9 months ago #355804

• Token White Guy
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 1
Most of those films are garbage. Micheal Moore, Bill Maher, and the rest make these videos to support their side and their side only and it's propaganda bullshit.

Religulous... 10 years 9 months ago #356755

• Burr
  • Thank you received: 6
Hmm I just saw it and I beg to differ. No amount of editing is needed to find people as crazy as the ones he found. It's the very nature of religion. People are proud of their beliefs, no matter how preposterous! Do I think it's the greatest, most amazing, and intellectually sound and honest take on the issue I've ever seen? No! Hardly! In fact far from it.. BUT it sure presents a damn fine case that speaks for itself, and it delivered poetically from the humor angle. Something tells me you're just butthurt because your sacred cow got gored with everyone else's.I agree it's like the Michael Moore films. You just have to take it for what it is, with a huge grain of salt. However at the same time that doesn't make it complete garbage or bullshit either. Bill Maher nailed it on a lot of stuff, and I say that not being a particularly big fan of his (mostly because he has claimed to be "libertarian" while arguing against gun rights, etc.)Everyone likes to say they're open minded, but then you present them an argument with a bit of it they don't like and they throw the baby out with the bath water. You have to take things like this in stride. You know what's going to be said going into it, why all the trumped up sense of outrage, covering of the ears, and "lalalalala" going out of it?
Co-host of Cat & Fox on AllGames.com!

Religulous... 10 years 9 months ago #356789

• LowVoltag3
Burr;356755 wrote:
Hmm I just saw it and I beg to differ. No amount of editing is needed to find people as crazy as the ones he found. It's the very nature of religion. People are proud of their beliefs, no matter how preposterous! Do I think it's the greatest, most amazing, and intellectually sound and honest take on the issue I've ever seen? No! Hardly! In fact far from it.. BUT it sure presents a damn fine case that speaks for itself, and it delivered poetically from the humor angle. Something tells me you're just butthurt because your sacred cow got gored with everyone else's.I agree it's like the Michael Moore films. You just have to take it for what it is, with a huge grain of salt. However at the same time that doesn't make it complete garbage or bullshit either. Bill Maher nailed it on a lot of stuff, and I say that not being a particularly big fan of his (mostly because he has claimed to be "libertarian" while arguing against gun rights, etc.)Everyone likes to say they're open minded, but then you present them an argument with a bit of it they don't like and they throw the baby out with the bath water. You have to take things like this in stride. You know what's going to be said going into it, why all the trumped up sense of outrage, covering of the ears, and "lalalalala" going out of it?
It seems like you didn't understand my point. Look dude, I see religion as a tool. I think religion is a very good thing for some people. It can be used in great ways. spiritually. Now, that being said, I've done enough shrooms to know that we are just a bacteria, within a bacteria, within a bacteria.. etc. I'm not a religious person. If you look at my post, I'm talking about the quality of the film. I went into it thinking it's going to be some what of a documentary. where he's searching for truth or something. The editing was so HORRIBLE. He was cutting and pasting shit, to make people say things they weren't, and he was using that played out editing trick, where you take a moment of the person you are interviewing, mute it, and paste it somewhere after you give a witty point. It's really elementary stuff, and very boring.