Forum

• Page:

TOPIC: King Of Fighters Movie In The Works

King Of Fighters Movie In The Works 10 years 11 months ago #354960

• TigerClaw
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 3
I'm not quite familiar with this fighting game franchise from SNK, But apparently theres going to be a live action movie of it.They just cast one of the female characters for the film, An actress by the name of Maggie Q. Source
Hasn't Hollywood learned that video game movies will always flop? No matter how many hotties they cast in them, video game adaptations are always destined to suck. Hopefully that changes with Prince of Persia, but that's still two years away. Maggie Q has joined the currently in-production King of Fighters live-action film, based on the bestselling Japanese SNK Playmore video game that first hit shelves in 1994. Maggie joins alongside of Sean Faris, Ray Park, Will Yun Lee and David Leitch, who doubles as the action choreographer. King of Fighters is being directed by Hong Kong's Gordon Chan, of The Medallion previously.No details have been revealed about the story yet, however, the original game followed a character named Kyo Kusanagi, a young Japanese who enters The King of Fighters tournaments. Being the heir of the ancient Kusanagi clan, who wield pyrokinetic powers, Kyo manages to use its powerful techniques to become champion of the tournament. The film is in production in Vancouver with a $12 million budget at the moment. Production is slated to wrap in January and we should expect to see this by late 2009 courtesy of Sony. As much as I'd love to believe Maggie Q might spice this up, I'm still expecting it to stuck.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

King Of Fighters Movie In The Works 10 years 11 months ago #354962

We need therobd in here to explain if this movie could be good or not.
[gamercard]Detective Rocko[/gamercard]

King Of Fighters Movie In The Works 10 years 11 months ago #354965

• TigerClaw
  • Stage A - 1
Yeah, Hes the King Of Fighters expert.

King Of Fighters Movie In The Works 10 years 11 months ago #354966

• Darkness
  • Level 10
Wow... KoF, despite being a good series, is pretty irrelevant these days.This movie should follow Andy Bogard, though... because we all know hes so much better than Terry.
[gamercard]BrodietheHun[/gamercard]

King Of Fighters Movie In The Works 10 years 11 months ago #355059

Personally as a fan of the games and some of the anime I would prefer an Orochi Saga movie following Leona and the whole thing with Heidern etc...But Terry is the most well known of the KoF crew. Still I think following Leona would just make it more interesting, to me at least.
[gamercard]JimPatrick[/gamercard]"The future changes as we stand here, else we are the game pieces of the gods, not their heirs, as we have been promised.""Tanis comes to me for advice, not because I am a seer. He comes because I am able to think, which is something most of these other fools seem incapable of doing."-Raistlin

King Of Fighters Movie In The Works 10 years 8 months ago #363966

• TigerClaw
  • Stage A - 1
movieset.com has posted a behind the scenes video on the King Of Fighters movie. Check it out here.

King Of Fighters Movie In The Works 10 years 8 months ago #363972

mai shiranui fap fap fap fap
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e20/kareeji/arrowheadsig.jpg?t=1268771428
Twitter: hifibryYoutube: kareeji

King Of Fighters Movie In The Works 10 years 8 months ago #364015

keanu reeves as iori and owen wilson as terry bogard.fund it.

King Of Fighters Movie In The Works 10 years 8 months ago #364158

• Decipher
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 1
Hmm... The Street Fighter movies tanked, so let's take a series that even less people know about and make a movie about it! Genius! There is no foreseeable way that this movie will fail!

King Of Fighters Movie In The Works 10 years 1 week ago #383768

• TigerClaw
  • Stage A - 1
Here's the first trailer to The King Of Fighters movie.[youtube]cijrdspfceU[/youtube]
  • Page: