Forum

• Page:

TOPIC: Angelina Jolie as Catwoman?

Angelina Jolie as Catwoman? 11 years 3 months ago #336045

• TigerClaw
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 3
I saw this posted on monstersandcritics.comApparently Angelina Jolie is interested in playing Catwoman for a new Catwoman movie thats seems to be in the works. Personally I think she would do a much better Catwoman if they stick to the original one which is Salina Kyle. Source
Angelina Jolie is reportedly being lined up to star as Catwoman in a new movie.The 33-year-old actress - who gave birth to twins, the fifth and sixth children she raises with partner Brad Pitt, earlier this month - is said to be in final negotiations with studio bosses to play the feline villain who first appeared in the Batman comics.Angelina has already been approved for the role by Julie Newmar, who played Catwoman in the 'Batman' TV series from 1966 to 1968.Julie, now 74, said: "Angelina would own the part. My industry friends tell me she has already made enquiries about the role. I can understand how it would pique her interest. Catwoman is Batman's one true love."She is tremendously popular with women because she's both a heroine and a villainess."Since the TV series, other actresses to take on the role of Catwoman include Michelle Pfeiffer in 1992 movie 'Batman Returns', while Halle Berry's portrayal of the villain in 2004 film 'Catwoman' was panned by critics worldwide.Angelina was recently tipped to be starring in 'The Thomas Crown Affair 2' alongside Pierce Brosnan, but has been ordered by bosses to put on 28lbs for the role.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Angelina Jolie as Catwoman? 11 years 3 months ago #336062

• Feelgood
  • Stage A - 1
Oh. My. God. If she were to somehow end up in the next Bat movie my fuckin head would explode... possibly along with other things. :smt007

Angelina Jolie as Catwoman? 11 years 3 months ago #336063

• JoEDigiTECH
  • Thank you received: 4
Wait... how??? I think Hollywood is monitoring my dreams.

Angelina Jolie as Catwoman? 11 years 3 months ago #336067

• kingtommy
  • Level 4
I'm so sick of her in the same old "bad ass woman" role. I hate how hollywood gets on these kicks where they cast a particular actor/actress in as many movies as possible for the few years they're "hot". There was a period where John Travolta was cast in virtually every movie for a while and that was irritating. Angelina is type casted to hell. Give some other good actresses a role for once.
Team work, yes![psnid]KingTommy80[/psnid]

Angelina Jolie as Catwoman? 11 years 3 months ago #336068

• JUSTINFL
  • Level 10
say what you will but i thought Hallie Barry was good in catwomenthe movie itself sucked

Angelina Jolie as Catwoman? 11 years 3 months ago #336141

• kingtommy
  • Level 4
I thought she was horrible as well as the movie. I'm sorry I saw that movie.
Team work, yes![psnid]KingTommy80[/psnid]

Angelina Jolie as Catwoman? 11 years 3 months ago #336142

• BBboy20
  • Stage A - 1
A lot of actors are "a lot" interested in playing a lot of characters.Still, Riddler and Black Mask are the only ones who have been part of The Dark Knight process.Really though, just look at the cast of the previous two films: none of them have the same stardom as Jolie has; they could have picked somebody very famous but they didn't so where's the chances their going to pick her (let alone pick Catwoman...really, it just seems all of these recurring characters that people are blabbering about just seem to came out of blue and seems like the production crew had no intentions of using them)
Signature

Angelina Jolie as Catwoman? 11 years 3 months ago #336187

• kadosho
  • Level 10
Congrats to Angelina for obtaining "praise" from one of the classic leading ladies.Can't wait to see how things will turn out for her role. :cool:
[gamercard]kadosho[/gamercard]JKOrochinagi KOF fans uniteBTMusic 2.0

Angelina Jolie as Catwoman? 11 years 3 months ago #336238

• Flavius
  • Stage A - 1
Not to derail, but I think it would break my heart to see Julie Newmar nowadays. Holy Sweet Buddha, she was smokin hot back in the day. I remember they even did a reunion show back around the time that Burton's first Batman flick came out and, while she was obviously well past her prime, she still looked pretty damn good for her age.Hell, I approve of Angelina, too. I might be afraid that she'd cut my willy off or something if we were a couple, but since I have absolutely zero shot in hell with her, I can appreciate her on a purely physical level. You know, the way god intended and all.EDIT: Well, shit. I couldn't help myself and I image googled Newmar and found a recent pic. While I may regret posting this at some point in the future, I must say: given sufficient quantities of alcohol and lack of lighting, I'd probably still bang her. Bang her? I'd murder her!

Angelina Jolie as Catwoman? 11 years 3 months ago #336242

This kicks ass!
Dunemaul PvP - 108 days /playedElune PvE - 180 days /played288 days of playing WoW since 2005. /wrists
  • Page: