Forum

TOPIC: Tron 2 revealed at the San Diego Comic Con

Tron 2 revealed at the San Diego Comic Con 11 years 2 months ago #335144

• TigerClaw
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 3
Saw this posted on Comingsoon.netDisney has revealed first ever footage for the sequel to Tron. Source.
Disney surprised Con-goers in San Diego on Thursday with debut footage of its highly anticipated sequel to 1982's Tron. The footage began with an update of the popular lightcycle duel from the original film.A blue figure – obviously on the run – is being tracked down by a yellow figure on a cycle. The blue figure dives forward with a bar in hand. Around the bar – and figure – a super sleek blue lightcycle forms and the chase in on.The figures are cool updates of the 1982 warriors. Gone are the glowing blue/red/yellow faces, now replaced by helmets with clear facemasks housing what looks like holographs of human faces.The cycles dip and dodge through a translucent, multi-level track that appears both digital and organic. The blue cycle is forced down a narrow crevasse between two ledges while the yellow bike takes the high road. The blue cycle emerges at the end of the path only to be cut off by the yellow bike's 'laser trail'. The blue bike smashes into a million pieces sending the blue rider flying in slow motion and flipping through the air. He lands and skids to a halt.All of this activity is being observed from a high, cliff-side structure by a human figure – an older, bearded Kevin Flynn! Played again by Jeff Bridges, a very serene looking Flynn appeared first in a meditative position in the center of a large room. He arises, then walks to the window and peers down onto the action below.The yellow figure 'retracts' his lightcycle walks over to the downed blue figure... and finishes the job.The footage ended with a '2' appearing in the traditional Tron font and the TR2N emerging around it. The TRN faded away leaving the 2 alone on the screen again.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Tron 2 revealed at the San Diego Comic Con 11 years 2 months ago #335159

TigerClaw;335144 wrote:
Saw this posted on Comingsoon.netDisney has revealed first ever footage for the sequel to Tron. Source.
This is great news , but i thought this was supposed to come out a long time ago to coincide with the TRON 2.0 game for the original Xbox.Did you remember hearing this TigerClaw? I could swear that the game was to tie in with the movie and Rebecca Romain was to lend voice talent for the game as well as being in the film
[gamercard]Pendragoon99[/gamercard] [psnid]Pendragoon99[/psnid]

Tron 2 revealed at the San Diego Comic Con 11 years 2 months ago #335167

• TigerClaw
  • Stage A - 1
Pendragoon99;335159 wrote:
This is great news , but i thought this was supposed to come out a long time ago to coincide with the TRON 2.0 game for the original Xbox.Did you remember hearing this TigerClaw? I could swear that the game was to tie in with the movie and Rebecca Romain was to lend voice talent for the game as well as being in the film
There was the Tron 2.0 game that came out years ago, Never played that one, But this movie is not based on that, Its a direct sequel to the first movie since they were able to get Jeff Bridges to reprise his role.

Tron 2 revealed at the San Diego Comic Con 11 years 2 months ago #335169

It better not have Tron guy in the movie
http://twitter.com/AmazedSatsumaRandom thoughts from a random man

Tron 2 revealed at the San Diego Comic Con 11 years 2 months ago #335566

• Blackwolf
  • Stage A - 1
[youtube]we1Li7SrQEg[/youtube]
"Blackwolf tends to offend the same people all the time, he\'s got such a pattern it\'s almost funny. The whole spammer/think I\'m smart/argueing for arguement\'s sake clan tends to always end up at odds with Blackwolf." -BamBam

Tron 2 revealed at the San Diego Comic Con 11 years 2 months ago #335571

Pendragoon99;335159 wrote:
This is great news , but i thought this was supposed to come out a long time ago to coincide with the TRON 2.0 game for the original Xbox.
The game was treated as a sequel to the film as it continued the story, albeit twenty years later. The game even had Bruce Boxleitner pulling VO duty among others, and quite a few fans thought that this was a sign that Disney was finally making a sequel although no official confirmation was ever made of that until now. Better late than never? Given that the official film doesn't appear to acknowledge the events of the game, at least in what we can see from the trailer, I don't expect TRON 2.0 will be considered part of the canon.I thought the game was a lot of fun, though. Combat was a little funky and the gameplay was pretty decent, but the effects did an awesome job. One of the best levels in the game is in trying to outrun a system format. You just had this giant wall of digital hell moving across the level, formatting everything it touches, and you're just some puny user that happens to be in its way. Awesome stuff.
[gamercard]Dungeonbuster[/gamercard]Random mumblings at World 1-1

Tron 2 revealed at the San Diego Comic Con 11 years 2 months ago #336545

Dungeonbuster;335571 wrote:
The game was treated as a sequel to the film as it continued the story, albeit twenty years later. The game even had Bruce Boxleitner pulling VO duty among others, and quite a few fans thought that this was a sign that Disney was finally making a sequel although no official confirmation was ever made of that until now. Better late than never? Given that the official film doesn't appear to acknowledge the events of the game, at least in what we can see from the trailer, I don't expect TRON 2.0 will be considered part of the canon.I thought the game was a lot of fun, though. Combat was a little funky and the gameplay was pretty decent, but the effects did an awesome job. One of the best levels in the game is in trying to outrun a system format. You just had this giant wall of digital hell moving across the level, formatting everything it touches, and you're just some puny user that happens to be in its way. Awesome stuff.
yeah i actually enjoyed that game a lot
[gamercard]Pendragoon99[/gamercard] [psnid]Pendragoon99[/psnid]

Tron 2 revealed at the San Diego Comic Con 10 years 10 months ago #352718

• TigerClaw
  • Stage A - 1
New details about Tron 2 and the new title.Apparently its gonna be called TRZ instead of TR2N. SourceThe plot for the sequel seems to be similar to the plot of the first movie.
After being transported into the surreal landscape of a mainframe computer to destroy an intruder, a programmer finds himself allied with the leader of a rebellion against a corrupt cyber-entity.

Daft Punk to score Tron 2 10 years 7 months ago #361806

• TigerClaw
  • Stage A - 1
Daft Punk to score Tron 2. source
Even though Tron 2.0 isn't slated to hit theaters until 2011, we keep hearing big updates on the project, surrounding everything from the plot to CGI cloning of Jeff Bridges. But here's an announcement that I am truly giddy about reporting. The always reliable Upcoming Film Scores blog is claiming that Daft Punk has signed on to do the score for Tron 2.0! They say that Disney has actually confirmed this with them, which means I'm also going to say that it's accurate until proven otherwise. And let me be the first to say, this could be absolutely unbelievably phenomenal, but that may be because I'm such a big fan of Daft Punk.While their songs have been used in plenty of movies, Daft Punk has never actually scored an entire movie before. They did provide almost all of the music for the Interstella 5555 anime, and they did also direct a movie called Electroma, but that didn't feature any of their music. I have no clue how this will turn out, but that doesn't matter, because this could be the greatest Tron 2.0 news I've ever heard. If there was anyone that I could've dreamed about being involved with the music for Tron, it would've been Daft Punk, that is for sure! And lo and behold, they're actually scoring the movie. Damnit, 2011 can't get here soon enough!

Tron 2 revealed at the San Diego Comic Con 10 years 7 months ago #362212

• Decipher
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 1
Human After All was a fantastic album. I really need to look into their old stuff beyond the obvious. I wasn't really psyched for Tron 2, but Daft Punk scoring definitely helps.