Forum

TOPIC: discuss INDY 4 WITH SPOILERS for those who have seen it

discuss INDY 4 WITH SPOILERS for those who have seen it 11 years 5 months ago #325958

• alexsan
  • Stage A - 1
I guess having aliens did make sense, because people do believe the actual crystal skull is connected to aliens. It did feel out of place in an Indiana Jones movie though
XBL: Neezie1990PSN: sillycoreSteam: Neezie3DS: 3737-9522-5541
The administrator has disabled public write access.

discuss INDY 4 WITH SPOILERS for those who have seen it 11 years 5 months ago #325977

• GH33DA
  • Stage A - 1
I felt like I was watching an indy for the first 10 minutes. Then, for the next 30 minutes, I was watching Stargate SG-1. After that, it kinda starting switching in between the two. The "indy" parts were wide angle shots, non technical dialog and more action orientated. The "SG-1" parts where close ups, full of history rants, and not much action.Big ups to the janitor from scrubs.
Valleys Of NeptuneBuckFarack187;366915 wrote:
I don\'t even know why I still try.

discuss INDY 4 WITH SPOILERS for those who have seen it 11 years 5 months ago #325990

• Lnin0
  • Stage B - 3
Not as bad as Lucas' attempt to cash in on the Star Wars name but pretty damn close. At first I would say Harrison Ford has lost it but looking back I would just say the crappy script and bad bad dialog where probably the biggest culprits. There where little glimmerings of the old Indy but for being the coolest cat on the planet he sure was uncool most of this movie. He had very few wise cracks and good Indy moments.Poor choice of actor for Mutt as he is just not cut from the same mold as the ever cool Harrison Ford. It is almost as bad as Lucas casting Haden Christensen as the baddest ass dude in the universe, Darth Vadar. It was also just a slap in the face when Ford plays dumb as to what 'mary' he is talking about as his mom when later on he tells her nobody compared to her. The entire fucking audience saw it coming in the damn trailer so stop playing us for the fool. Hopefully Shia is completely replaceable because when they release the next Indy movie with him as the lead it will completely suck, especially if the writing is as bad as this one. Marion and Indy also lost all the chemistry they had in the original as well...maybe because they are both fat and old now but again, more than likely the issue at fault is the script. And wow, what a huge huge fucking waste of Cate Blanchette and John Hurt.Why did CGI rule this movie - Indy is about stunts; not bull shit over the top CGI crap. The 1950s references where also way to over the fucking top - yeah, we get the time period you don't have to shove it up our asses every 15 seconds. City of Gold? I was waiting for Indy and crew to run into Cage and his crew while exploring down there - now that might have been a good laugh in a movie with none. And the entire alien mumbo jumbo bullshit was just out of fucking place in an Indy movie which should be a 40's style adventure serial type flick. I could even forgive that if it just wasn't so fucking hokey with a 'flying disc' zipping off at the end. The movie looks to do nothing more than cash in and it plays the audience for a fool. Spielberg and Lucas has lost touch with what movie making is about.

discuss INDY 4 WITH SPOILERS for those who have seen it 11 years 5 months ago #326020

• -Beck-
  • Stage A - 1
Well, at least it was fun to watch. Ilana was pretty hot. Mutt makes sense as a nickname for Henry III if you know the origin of the nickname for Henry Jr. We never did find out what the skull really was made of that made it "magnetic." Mack was annoying, greedy, and stupid. He should have died because of his greed. The fridge was lead lined, whoever asked about getting a nuke-proof fridge.

discuss INDY 4 WITH SPOILERS for those who have seen it 11 years 5 months ago #326024

• BBboy20
  • Stage A - 1
-Beck-;326020 wrote:
The fridge was lead lined, whoever asked about getting a nuke-proof fridge.
I noticed the quick shot of the info on the fridge being lead lined.
Signature

discuss INDY 4 WITH SPOILERS for those who have seen it 11 years 5 months ago #326201

"It's like they deep fried delicious goodness and squared it... into a triangle." (BloodShotRobot, PAX08 )
"[Optimus] Prime is like Jack Bauer without all the issues" (Redmond, AGI Episode 211)

discuss INDY 4 WITH SPOILERS for those who have seen it 11 years 5 months ago #326215

• Kel
  • Stage A - 1
Mutt made me want a switchblade as well :).

discuss INDY 4 WITH SPOILERS for those who have seen it 11 years 5 months ago #326723

• BBboy20
  • Stage A - 1
Signature

discuss INDY 4 WITH SPOILERS for those who have seen it 11 years 5 months ago #326724

• arefx
  • Stage A - 1
Lnin0;325990 wrote:
Not as bad as Lucas' attempt to cash in on the Star Wars name but pretty damn close. At first I would say Harrison Ford has lost it but looking back I would just say the crappy script and bad bad dialog where probably the biggest culprits. There where little glimmerings of the old Indy but for being the coolest cat on the planet he sure was uncool most of this movie. He had very few wise cracks and good Indy moments.Poor choice of actor for Mutt as he is just not cut from the same mold as the ever cool Harrison Ford. It is almost as bad as Lucas casting Haden Christensen as the baddest ass dude in the universe, Darth Vadar. It was also just a slap in the face when Ford plays dumb as to what 'mary' he is talking about as his mom when later on he tells her nobody compared to her. The entire fucking audience saw it coming in the damn trailer so stop playing us for the fool. Hopefully Shia is completely replaceable because when they release the next Indy movie with him as the lead it will completely suck, especially if the writing is as bad as this one. Marion and Indy also lost all the chemistry they had in the original as well...maybe because they are both fat and old now but again, more than likely the issue at fault is the script. And wow, what a huge huge fucking waste of Cate Blanchette and John Hurt.Why did CGI rule this movie - Indy is about stunts; not bull shit over the top CGI crap. The 1950s references where also way to over the fucking top - yeah, we get the time period you don't have to shove it up our asses every 15 seconds. City of Gold? I was waiting for Indy and crew to run into Cage and his crew while exploring down there - now that might have been a good laugh in a movie with none. And the entire alien mumbo jumbo bullshit was just out of fucking place in an Indy movie which should be a 40's style adventure serial type flick. I could even forgive that if it just wasn't so fucking hokey with a 'flying disc' zipping off at the end. The movie looks to do nothing more than cash in and it plays the audience for a fool. Spielberg and Lucas has lost touch with what movie making is about.
Although I thought the movie was just O.K. I have to agree... It was like they threw Shia Lebouf in there, and the aliens in there, just to appeal to the younger generation that didn't grow up with it, while completely alienating the older crowd that has been waiting for the movie for years.
EvilWall wrote:
One of my best friends always tells me, "If you want a girl to stay with you, you have to eat her ass".
The Matrix;288931 wrote:
fuckin\' brit teeth eating sno-shit, jesus man
This post posted via rooted and overclocked droid x running at 1,345Mhz undervolted with LIBERTY 1.5 and adw.launcher ex through xscope pro

discuss INDY 4 WITH SPOILERS for those who have seen it 11 years 5 months ago #328463

• WAR
  • Level 3
A snake? A SNAKE INSTEAD OF A VINE? What the...using a python to pull someone out of quicksand would result in the messy tearing of th snake....there is no way a snake can hold the weight of a full grown man on one end and a mudd on the other...Maybe a lead lined fridge would protect him from radiation, but the sheer force of him being blown that far, landing and tumbling down would kill him.I mean come on. I know its an Indy film, but thats going waaaaaaaaay beyond the campyness of the other films.